IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

anybody installed the scosche LS2151B ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-17, 01:11 AM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default anybody installed the scosche LS2151B ??

HELLO EVERYONE

anybody have installed the scosche LS2151B ??

i have some question about the wiring...
Old 05-05-17, 01:54 PM
Swava1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a few months back in preparation for a bigger system install. Went pretty easy. What questions do you have?
Old 05-05-17, 07:41 PM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

thanks for the reply

i saw that the unit have an passenger airbag indicator that connect to the J54 harness with 3 wires... i know that number 6 and 7 which is PAON and P-AB are connected ... what is the third wire??

again thanks for helping...
Old 05-08-17, 08:23 PM
Swava1
Driver School Candidate

Sorry for the delay getting back to your question. Unfortunately I don't have the answer for you. Having the instruction manual for the LS2151, it doesn't detail what exactly the harness wires connect to in the mating factory connector. It was a simple plug and play install with very little hardwire connections needed.
Old 05-08-17, 08:38 PM
SQLnovice
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you purchase this dash kit from? if it's Crutchfield, I would definitely give them a call. I have the Beat Sonic one and it's been working trouble free for close to a year now.
Old 05-08-17, 08:43 PM
Arrta
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't the BeatSonic kit use the factory climate controls? The module he is using has an aftermarket panel.

Last edited by Arrta; 05-08-17 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-08-17, 09:05 PM
Swava1
Driver School Candidate

The BeatSOnic unit replaces the CD changer but keeps climate and radio controls in place. The LS2151 replaces the entire unit including climate controls. I originally looked at the BeatSonic piece but hated the look of shoving a double DIN unit all the way down to the bottom. I was ready to start surgery on the factory system but then Scosche finally came out with this unit. Made things a lot easier and installed pretty simply.
Old 05-10-17, 12:29 AM
TwoFifty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MattaS
thanks for the reply

i saw that the unit have an passenger airbag indicator that connect to the J54 harness with 3 wires... i know that number 6 and 7 which is PAON and P-AB are connected ... what is the third wire??

again thanks for helping...
Hey MattaS
As you correctly said Pin 6 = PAON and Pin 7 = P-AB on the J54 connector of the Integration Control and Panel Assembly. The third Pin related to Front Passenger Airbag
ON–OFF Indicator Lamp is on number 4 and the wire runs to the J27 Junction Connector Pin 64 = IG+

Hope this helps
Old 06-09-17, 10:02 PM
Jose2878
Driver School Candidate

Default Problems with hazard light.

Originally Posted by Swava1
I did a few months back in preparation for a bigger system install. Went pretty easy. What questions do you have?
Hi, I installed the ls2151b dash on my Lexus is250 but since the installation I have problems with the hazard light that turn on randomly, did you experience this problem and how you solve it. Thanks.
Old 07-03-17, 11:40 AM
oilers
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have any issues with the lack of rear speaker output? I've tried to adjust multiple settings and Scosche has not provided any technical support. I suspect it's a wiring issue. Has anyone troubleshooted this before? Thanks!
Old 03-27-18, 02:15 PM
einniwku
Driver School Candidate

Default Hazard light problem

Originally Posted by Jose2878
Hi, I installed the ls2151b dash on my Lexus is250 but since the installation I have problems with the hazard light that turn on randomly, did you experience this problem and how you solve it. Thanks.
I have the same problem too. Did anyone manage to find a fix for this?
Old 05-30-19, 04:18 PM
thunter712
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by einniwku
I have the same problem too. Did anyone manage to find a fix for this?
Hey everybody, just checking in to see if the hazard light issue was ever resolved. I installed this in April 2018 and it has worked perfectly up to a couple of months ago. The hazard lights now randomly turn on when driving down the road or even when parked in a parking lot.
Old 03-06-20, 09:15 PM
Michaelg35
Driver School Candidate

Default Hazard lights coming on. Did anyone ever come up with a fix?

Originally Posted by Jose2878
Did anyone ever figure out how to fix the hazard light issue? Mine is doing the same thing now. Thanks
Old 11-20-20, 06:59 AM
Rodrigues9
Driver School Candidate

Default Hazard lights on scosche

I have the scosche system for the lexus IS 2006 Model.
I experienced the same problem and started checking everything that is connected to the hazard lights.
alarm, locks, flasher relay and connections all over and so far what i think is happening is a faulty touch pad on the button itself. I unplugged the button board and so far so good. The only problem is that i cant turn hazard lights now. I'll try to solve the problem and keep you posted with pictures if you want. I'm thinking of replacing the touch with a switch on the circuit board.

The question about the rear speakers is easy.
The radio should make the right/left control of the sound but since the scosche system uses the connections for the rear speakers you can control the front/back sound on the climate control settings.

Hope it helped you guys
Old 04-21-21, 11:05 AM
Rodrigues9
Driver School Candidate

Default Solved the problem

Originally Posted by Michaelg35
Did anyone ever figure out how to fix the hazard light issue? Mine is doing the same thing now. Thanks
Well its been hard to solve this but i finally solved the problem on mine.
For a brief introduction the touch for the hazard lights on my system is a capacitive sensor which has a lot of problems with external interference
so i took the sensor board out and put a little sheet of ferrite to prevent magnetic interf. And wrapped the board in high temp electronic orange tape.
Dont forget you can't tighten the bolts all the way cause it will make contact. Just leave a little play.
And clean the board with isoprop alcohol
Hope you solve ur problem!!!