IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need to replace wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-17, 08:05 AM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need to replace wiper blades

I need to replace the wiper blades on my IS350. Do you guys have any recommendations for which ones I should get?
Old 05-31-17, 08:16 AM
XSV
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts

OEM inserts is the way to go. I have some Goodyear wiper blades right now and not really satisfied with the product. The driver side wiper doesn't always lie flush against the contour of windshield and as a result the water isn't completely wiped away and there is a small patch of water left.
Old 05-31-17, 08:21 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

OEM refill is the most economical route because they last long and aren't too expensive. I get all my Lexus wipers at Toyota as long as I can cross-reference it. They're generally under $15 a pair, basically on par with the crappy blades at the auto part store.
Old 05-31-17, 08:25 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Been happy with Bosch Icons. Try it.
Old 05-31-17, 08:35 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by XSV
OEM inserts is the way to go. I have some Goodyear wiper blades right now and not really satisfied with the product. The driver side wiper doesn't always lie flush against the contour of windshield and as a result the water isn't completely wiped away and there is a small patch of water left.
Wow really didn't think oem would be the recommended option for windshield wiper blades. How much do they charge to replaces at the dealership usually?
Old 05-31-17, 08:36 AM
akoster
Driver

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Been happy with Bosch Icons. Try it.
I had those on my old Benz and they were pretty good. Do they make a lot of noise?
Old 05-31-17, 08:58 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 609 Likes on 405 Posts

I've yet to use wipers that I found worked better than the original blades in the long run, and replacing the inserts is also cost effective moving forward.

Jeff
Old 05-31-17, 09:06 AM
XSV
Instructor

Originally Posted by akoster
Wow really didn't think oem would be the recommended option for windshield wiper blades. How much do they charge to replaces at the dealership usually?
not sure. Bought my last pair off eBay for ~$15 i think

EDIT: yeah it's $15 off eBay. I've bought parts from this eBay seller before. CLICK
Old 05-31-17, 09:16 AM
knyg
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

RainX, Bosch or OEM are all pretty good. They work as intended and I've never seen them crap out.

Just replace it youraelf, literally takes 2 minutes. You just unlatch a "J" hook and replace. Done.

I have rainX quantum, it's good. Clears all the water in one swipe, just like it should.
Old 05-31-17, 09:26 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by akoster
In my experience, OEM is definitely the way to go. I would just buy the refills in the parts department and do it yourself, it's maybe a five minute job if you've never done it before and are following the instructions in the owners manual, faster still if you've done it before, and requires no tools.
Old 05-31-17, 09:30 AM
XSV
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bichon
In my experience, OEM is definitely the way to go. I would just buy the refills in the parts department and do it yourself, it's maybe a five minute job if you've never done it before and are following the instructions in the owners manual, faster still if you've done it before, and requires no tools.
I would not go order directly from the Lexus parts department because they will overcharge you for the part. The only order directly from a dealership when I can't find the part online.
Old 05-31-17, 09:44 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by XSV
I would not go order directly from the Lexus parts department because they will overcharge you for the part. The only order directly from a dealership when I can't find the part online.
For a part as cheap as wiper blade refills, I figure the shipping costs will wipe out most of the savings. Over the years I've also had the parts guy comp me small things like keyfob batteries and the clips that hold the mud flaps on, so I certainly don't regret establishing a good relationship with them.
Old 05-31-17, 09:51 AM
AyRow89
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rain X Latitudes FTW
Old 05-31-17, 05:40 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

I won't replacing my wiper blades if it's not OEM
Old 05-31-17, 09:05 PM
bazzle01