IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Chinese 10" Android headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-17, 03:03 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan1
Why the hell they cant make the fitment better. Nice idea but fitment sucks *****.
Fitment isn't great, frustrating for me that it's done for 08+. Also pics done with unit just put in there to see if it worked before any alignment tweeks etc so it did get a little better. But as with the Flyaudio / Roadrover units fitment isn't perfect
Old 07-02-17, 03:27 PM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much does it cost? Do you think this would fit my 2011? I was honestly thinking about trading in my car just for the simple fact that I couldn't find a decent aftermarket nav/rear camera option, but if this works I'll be happy with this alternative. Would you recommend this for the price?
Old 07-02-17, 04:05 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mikeym718
How much does it cost? Do you think this would fit my 2011? I was honestly thinking about trading in my car just for the simple fact that I couldn't find a decent aftermarket nav/rear camera option, but if this works I'll be happy with this alternative. Would you recommend this for the price?
Was a tad under US$500 delivered. They say 06-10, not sure if there is a difference with your 11
At this point I would say it's worth it, but in my opinion there is no other options (personally don't like look of car-da unit and want something bigger than 2din)
The following users liked this post:
Mikeym718 (07-03-17)
Old 07-02-17, 04:47 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

​​​​​How is the night time brightness? In the Roadrover unit I have it's still too bright after the auto night time dim from the unit. I have to change the interface skin to a darker scheme. Does this unit automatically change the interface at night time?
Old 07-02-17, 04:55 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nosurprise
​​​​​How is the night time brightness? In the Roadrover unit I have it's still too bright after the auto night time dim from the unit. I have to change the interface skin to a darker scheme. Does this unit automatically change the interface at night time?
Good question, I haven't used at night yet, I'll try it and let you know. Never thought it was an issue with Roadrover unit (It was pretty much always showing IGo nav with night skin ) The screen on new unit definately much brighter than Roadrover in daylight
Old 07-03-17, 10:03 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 380 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Droth
Isn't that the button on touchscreen (pic8) next to dual button?
nevermind... i guess i need eyes check lol...
Old 07-03-17, 11:54 AM
triple7is
Driver School Candidate

This really look like a great option of all the aftermarket navigations out there for the 2IS. Really hope they make this easier to buy. Like on ebay or something.
Old 07-04-17, 10:25 AM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

I just received a reply from them stating that my airbag light will activate. I know you said you didn't get any with yours. I'm just asking again just to make sure before I go ahead with my order. Thanks!
Old 07-04-17, 02:45 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Mikeym718
I just received a reply from them stating that my airbag light will activate. I know you said you didn't get any with yours. I'm just asking again just to make sure before I go ahead with my order. Thanks!
I didn't have problem with mine. It is a JDM car though. Someone said JDM doesn't have the airbag light? but mine does (unsure if it's same as US model). I don't think Asvegen are the manufacturers, they seem to know very little about the unit (In addition to limited english), they told me it doesn't support factory CD unit and unsure if it would work with RHD car. I had hard time convincing them to sell me one, they wanted to see dash pic before they would sell me one as well (had to send them a factory non nav pic) It will be a bit of a gamble for you.

After having it installed for a few days I'm liking the unit, only issue I have at moment is radio frequency display is wrong vs actual frequency. Waiting on a solution from Asvegen. Haven't found setting anywhere for changing a/c temps F (not an issue for me in NZ as we use C) Unit does dim screen at night (triggered by turning lights on) The backlighting in buttons at night is very bright compared to factory ones
Mikeym718 (12-06-17)
Old 07-05-17, 12:37 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Re the airbag light potential problem, I've been looking into this and think there is a difference btwn US and JDM. Looking at some vids it appears US ones have 2 lights under passenger label on nav unit (seatbelt and airbag), JDM does only have one (as does the Aftermarket unit), still has indicator in cluster. So this is maybe why I don't have the issue? Sorry MattaS I thought you were meaning indicator in cluster

Last edited by Droth; 07-05-17 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-10-17, 08:13 PM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hi all

if it just stand for the airbag issue it worth it.. and i think i configure how to solve this after looking for scosche and the wiring diagrams... with as liile as much with two diodes and two resistors (1k)

but we can't know about these issues until one of you guys who have european or us market lexus install one.. and do a deep review...
Old 07-12-17, 04:00 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

At this point still trying to get solution to radio freq issue, support from Asvegen pretty much non existent. Unit is a bit querky at startup - sometimes original car program (radio and CD changer) will hang and require restart. Hard buttons for map and climate screen would have been nice. Can't get unit to pair with OBD bluetooth adapter I have (waiting for another adapter to arrive). Haven't had much time to really experiment with this unit yet
Old 07-14-17, 07:08 AM
eykash
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Droth
At this point still trying to get solution to radio freq issue, support from Asvegen pretty much non existent. Unit is a bit querky at startup - sometimes original car program (radio and CD changer) will hang and require restart. Hard buttons for map and climate screen would have been nice. Can't get unit to pair with OBD bluetooth adapter I have (waiting for another adapter to arrive). Haven't had much time to really experiment with this unit yet
Hi. As for radio freq, did you try to change radio region in Config menu?

Also factory AUX works with this unit or not? Does this unit show climate temperature?
Old 07-18-17, 03:12 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by eykash
Hi. As for radio freq, did you try to change radio region in Config menu?

Also factory AUX works with this unit or not? Does this unit show climate temperature?
Have tried changing radio region in settings but it does nothing. Getting nothing out of asvegen

Haven't tried aux, currently overseas so won't be able to till back in about a week

Unit does display climate setting temps in climate screen in Celsius but not outside temp
eykash (07-20-17)
Old 07-19-17, 02:35 AM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

So I decided to take a gamble on this radio. Thonzer has told me 3 different times that there wont be any air bag light issues or anything related to air bag issues for my model. I know it's a bit early, but I'll have an update in October because right now I'm overseas and wont have access to it until then.

Quick Reply: Chinese 10" Android headunit