Chinese 10" Android headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-17, 03:26 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Chinese 10" Android headunit

Hi All, Started installing a Chinese 10"Android headunit today

Firstly the car is a JDM 2005 IS350 which originally had factory Japanese nav unit and CD + minidisc factory unit. When I first got car I fitted a Roadrover 8018 aftermarket head unit (same as second gen Flyaudio). This reqd modifying wiring to non nav spec with info from these forums. Also changed out CD + MD unit for NZ spec 6CD unit to get FM radio fequencies reqd without band expander.( I'm in New Zealand and car is used Japanese import)

New headunit appears to be based on a generic android 1din chassis with a vehicle specific front panel and can bus decoder. Wiring harnesses to fit non nav factory loom came with unit. Also dual USB harness and odb cable.
Unit is designed (as with the Roadrover unit) to fit 08+ air vents and CD/DVD unit. To fit in pre 08 like mine requires modification of mounting tabs to mate with CD unit. I have already changed to 08+ air vents. Fit with the CD unit is OK (not perfect), about as good as Roadrover unit. Build quality is OK
Unit is running Android 6.01, Nice big clear screen (1024 x 540 according to IGO), Capacitive touch, 16GB internal storage (note no SD card slot on this unit, USB only), 1GB Ram.
Boot up time about 20sec. So far have only done basic testing (will do some proper testing in next few days), but the following appear to work
Climate control
steering controls (vol +, vol - , mode)
factory CD changer
Security light
Hazard lights
Passanger airbag / seatbelt indicator
Reverse camera (modified factory camera)
Door info
Sound in all channels

No errors etc as some have had with CAR-DA unit
Only issue I have at this point is displayed radio freq doesn't match actual frequency (appears to be in jap range 87-97Mhz), There should be a setting for frequency band somewhere just a matter of finding it, from memory was a setup file to change on roadrover
With RCA for rear camera plugged in unit is very tight against a blue unit in dash just below air vents (appears to be climate sensor?) Although unit has it's own antenna socket it uses factory tuner in CD/DVD unit. obd cable provides unit with door info and reverse signal.
Have attached some phone pics
Attached Thumbnails Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_143231.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_143206.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_143220.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_153415.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_145715.jpg  

Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_163943.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_163953.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_164031.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_164052.jpg   Chinese 10" Android headunit-20170701_164243.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
SuitedGuy (02-12-18)
Old 07-01-17, 03:43 AM
igoro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. 👍
From which seller did you bought the unit?
Old 07-01-17, 03:53 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by igoro
Looks good. 👍
From which seller did you bought the unit?
Unit came from Asvegen on alibaba.. Wasn't an easy process to order one
Old 07-01-17, 04:18 AM
igoro
Driver School Candidate

I think I'll buy it, too.
A few more questions

1. The model I have is 2007, I understand that there is a problem with the air vents. is the ideal solution is to buy 08+ vents like this one
2. I have a European model with standard Non Nav and non ML audio system , do you think it will work properly as yours ?
Thank you
Old 07-01-17, 04:41 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by igoro
I think I'll buy it, too.
A few more questions

1. The model I have is 2007, I understand that there is a problem with the air vents. is the ideal solution is to buy 08+ vents like this one
2. I have a European model with standard Non Nav and non ML audio system , do you think it will work properly as yours ?
Thank you
That;s the same as the vents I got, the tabs etc on unit are designed to fit 08+ vents and CD unit so you'll need to do some modding to get it to mate to CD unit. Non nav car the unit will plug straight in
Old 07-01-17, 08:29 AM
jraiderg
Rookie

Do you have a link of where they modified the wiring to a non nav. I have a the factory nav and i really like this unit.
Old 07-01-17, 11:44 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind upgrading to 10". Can the display be changed to US units (temperature in F and time in 12/am/pm)? My Windows CE unit currently boots in 10 seconds, so 20 seconds is kinda slow.
Old 07-01-17, 05:47 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jraiderg
Do you have a link of where they modified the wiring to a non nav. I have a the factory nav and i really like this unit.
I used https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-the-swap.html The thread is changing from non nav to nav so I did it in reverse....
Old 07-01-17, 05:50 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by nosurprise
Looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind upgrading to 10". Can the display be changed to US units (temperature in F and time in 12/am/pm)? My Windows CE unit currently boots in 10 seconds, so 20 seconds is kinda slow.
I've emailed Asvegen asking about settings changes. Yes it is a slow boot compared to Roadrover CE unit
Old 07-01-17, 11:42 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 383 Likes on 168 Posts

looks like it doesn't have the air filter button which the usdm have, so it might cause a problem like the other ones... unless they find a fix for it...
Old 07-02-17, 12:21 AM
istarzan
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Although I have the factory Nav, this looks like a nice upgrade. Subscribed.
Old 07-02-17, 01:02 AM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
looks like it doesn't have the air filter button which the usdm have, so it might cause a problem like the other ones... unless they find a fix for it...
Isn't that the button on touchscreen (pic8) next to dual button?
Old 07-02-17, 02:02 AM
Allan1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why the hell they cant make the fitment better. Nice idea but fitment sucks *****.
The following users liked this post:
Jeeves250 (08-03-21)
Old 07-02-17, 11:49 AM
MattaS
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

wow nice post

thought its a copy of a premium Taiwanese unit .. it look pretty good...

how is the build quality?? feel premium?? the buttons?? touch screen??

i have done in deep review of the CAR-DA unit - i have already switched to the original and give up on CAR-DA guys...

the main problems are:
1- not all steering wheel buttons work - its doesn't matter much
2- air cleaner button (or pollen cleaner) - i saw that they integrate it in the touch screen.. but not a physical button
3- passenger air bag indicator - main problem; will give a fault light within the cluster - have they solve it with this unit?? JDM models have no such an indicator .. so no such a problem... just a seat belt indicator..
4- on auto a/c mode the two front solar sensor sense the sunlight within our car and do the DUAL work... is working well?? within carda it doesn't
5- no sound within the rear speakers...

i think this unit is better than CAR-DA and also look better.. is it PLUG AND PLAY ... does it take another plug than the j54 or just this one????

is it use the original USB; AUX PLUGS and MICROPHONE ... or it have its own plugs??

waiting for your reply
Old 07-02-17, 02:57 PM
Droth
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MattaS
wow nice post

thought its a copy of a premium Taiwanese unit .. it look pretty good...

how is the build quality?? feel premium?? the buttons?? touch screen??

i have done in deep review of the CAR-DA unit - i have already switched to the original and give up on CAR-DA guys...

the main problems are:
1- not all steering wheel buttons work - its doesn't matter much
2- air cleaner button (or pollen cleaner) - i saw that they integrate it in the touch screen.. but not a physical button
3- passenger air bag indicator - main problem; will give a fault light within the cluster - have they solve it with this unit?? JDM models have no such an indicator .. so no such a problem... just a seat belt indicator..
4- on auto a/c mode the two front solar sensor sense the sunlight within our car and do the DUAL work... is working well?? within carda it doesn't
5- no sound within the rear speakers...

i think this unit is better than CAR-DA and also look better.. is it PLUG AND PLAY ... does it take another plug than the j54 or just this one????

is it use the original USB; AUX PLUGS and MICROPHONE ... or it have its own plugs??

waiting for your reply

Don't think it's a copy of "Premium" Taiwanese unit, it's the same unit out of same factory (as with car-da and it's re-branded versions). Build quality is OK, not as good as factory, middle of the road Chinese quality built to a price. Doesn't have the premium feel of factory or high end aftermarket but it's still ok

Steering wheel buttons - unit is designed to replace non nav, non bluetooth factory unit so only vol+ , vol-, and mode buttons work on steering wheel. There is config software on unit for buttons and I've asked them if it can recognise and configure the bluetooth call buttons on my wheel

A/C - haven't played with this enough yet to say, only tested basic functions. Expecting like the roadrover unit will be ok but not as good as factory

My cluster has the air bag indicator (in addition to seat belt one), it illuminates during system check then goes out as normal

Have checked sound on all channels, sound quality better than Roadrover unit (can't say in realtion to factory unit as I never used factory unit)

Wiring uses J54 and the 2 larger connectors on the CD unit (can't remember the connector numbers)

Has it's own dual USB harness, there is aux in original car app on the unit but I haven't tested it yet. The factory unit is run from "Original car" app on unit

AUX in on actual unit is lacking. The aux in RCA port on unit is used by the wiring harness to get sound from CD into system

No external mic (haven't tested bluetooth calls etc yet, not expecting great results without external mic)

Haven't had the time as yet to go in depth with this unit yet. Still setting up Nav etc the way I want it and getting basics sorted. Unit came with no nav software installed, overall so far it's a good upgrade from Roadrover unit.

Quick Reply: Chinese 10" Android headunit