IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

A/C sensor on drier/receiver help!! Please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-17, 05:05 AM
joey671
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy A/C sensor on drier/receiver help!! Please read

Hi Guys and Gals... im having an issue with the sensor that is located on the drier receiver (High pressure sensor?). anyway, my ac crapped out so i decided to bring it to an AC garage. anyway, my only problem was that it was not blowing cold (but it did blow). when i had them trouble shoot it, he pulled the connector from that sensor and it looked like he was testing it with some kind of tool which had 2 wires and a dial on it (it wasnt a multimeter). during that test, he dialed it up then a red light would blink. he then told me that i would have to leave it there for them to troublehoot it and that he will call me when he is done. so i said ok and i removed my belongings from the vehicle and was about to turn off the car until i noticed something... the A/C was already off. i do remember that while he was testing it, it was at max AC. so i attempted to turn it back on... to my surprise NOTHING SHOWED ON THE PANEL! the LCD back light was on but no numbers, settings, etc. it was all blank, it wasnt even blowing no more! (Radio still works) i was so confused. so i asked him, why isnt it turning on, he said that couldve been a coincidence!. anyway, i decided to leave it there. next couple of days, i went to check it and he said my problem was that sensor. he borrowed a sensor and the ac controls from another vehicle and refilled the system and he said it worked. i told him that the controls were working until you did something to that connector and now it doesnt work. i told him that i will happily pay for the sensor and the drain and flush but there is no way im paying for the controls that you pretty much broke!. he told me to bring it to a Lexus dealer and if they say that would be the reason, he will pay for it.
SO, before i do that and pay the $150 for a Lexus dealer...is it possible that sensor could fry my control module/motherboard etc.? PLEASE ANYONE CHIME IN AND TELL ME HOW WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE THAT IT WAS HIS FAULT!! btw, i have an 07 IS250 with the standard LCD ac controls(non NAV). i love the car and i want to get this straightened out asap!!! thank you soo much and God bless !!!
Old 08-08-17, 07:28 PM
Mrfix
Lead Lap

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Why do you think your sensor has an issue? How did you determine this?

I just want to say that when your AC doesn't blow cold the first thing you should do is put some gauges on the system to find out what the pressures are and determine if you have low or maybe no refrigerant in the system.

You also said he refilled the system? Drain and flush?

I really think you got taken advantage of unless I am missing something. None of this makes a lot of sense to me.
Old 08-09-17, 03:06 AM
joey671
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay sorry, let me rewind... i was just getting to the point.
so when it stopped blowing cold, i thought it was empty/leaking. i attempted to refill but sadly the clutch wouldnt kick. so i pulled the AC COMP relay and jumped it just to verify and voila! it kicks. so after, i chased down all the fuses, relays and i even removed the AC AMP and the head unit and reset it. still no luck. i then removed the battery for a day but still no luck. i couldnt refill because the clutch wasnt turning. then i brought it down there to the ac garage and then all that crap happened. im hoping i make sense now. this issue is so fruistrating only because its about 90 degrees here in Guam year around and it rains like crazy.