IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-21, 06:00 PM
Mikeym718
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 18s and had it lowered before with lowering springs, but I have the AWD model and the car rattles a lot when lowered. I'm currently on coilovers now with maybe an inch drop. As is I have 0 clearance issues, but I refuse to lower it again because of how uncomfortable the ride was lowered. Thanks!
Old 05-10-21, 04:35 AM
jj68jam
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Looks EXCELLENT- The red and black contrast is awesome!
The following users liked this post:
Mikeym718 (05-10-21)
Old 06-06-21, 02:33 PM
falloutmoe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation links for bumper

Any active links for the bumper? I cant seem to find any in stock,
Old 09-03-21, 11:15 PM
MaruBaku
Driver School Candidate

Default Bumper brand/link

Originally Posted by Izzmeister
I finally finished my bumper and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned. I also purchased the lip from Ikon Motorsports.

Sick car ! Just wanted to know what brand is that front bumper conversion you have on?
Old 09-03-21, 11:15 PM
MaruBaku
Driver School Candidate

What brand is that 3is conversion
Old 10-25-21, 12:50 PM
krisp007
Driver School Candidate

Hey Devon,
Did you end up getting the conversion bumper for the IS 250? If so, can you point me in the right direction on where you purchased the bumper? Let me know thanks
Old 10-25-21, 01:13 PM
krisp007
Driver School Candidate

Hey MaruBaku,
Looking to get into the conversion game. Did you end up getting the conversion bumper for the IS 250? If so, can you point me in the right direction on where you purchased the bumper? Let me know thanks
Old 11-22-21, 05:35 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by krisp007
Hey MaruBaku,
Looking to get into the conversion game. Did you end up getting the conversion bumper for the IS 250? If so, can you point me in the right direction on where you purchased the bumper? Let me know thanks

I haven't done the conversion, but to answer your question - Google Ikon 2is to 3is bumper conversion. Different sellers sell the conversion. I believe you can also get directly from Ikon https://ikonmotorsports.com

There is a 2is to 4is F-sport bumper out there, now. A little cheaper, but no fog lights. OIC-Racing is the Ebay seller if you want to look into it. Hope this helps.

Keith
Old 11-22-21, 09:30 AM
krisp007
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Keith13b
I haven't done the conversion, but to answer your question - Google Ikon 2is to 3is bumper conversion. Different sellers sell the conversion. I believe you can also get directly from Ikon https://ikonmotorsports.com

There is a 2is to 4is F-sport bumper out there, now. A little cheaper, but no fog lights. OIC-Racing is the Ebay seller if you want to look into it. Hope this helps.

Keith
Helped tank you my dude.
Old 12-05-21, 09:20 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Anyone in SoCal go through OIC?

had a little fender bender and my front lip needs replacement and the actual OEM bumper has some scratches that buffing could not take out.

id like to DIY but reading through the old post I don’t feel comfortable trimming the metal bumper reinforcement.

hoping to read through and research more on a bumper that’s great fitment with no need to trim or use a reciprocating saw to fit.

likewise any recommendation for LA body shops that can paint? Or even install?
Old 02-16-22, 07:52 PM
AnthonyS7
Driver School Candidate

Hey man, I was wondering where you had got your parts from (front bumper conversion, skirts, and rear bumper)? I was looking at upgrading my car myself (IS 250) and was struggling to find a good/proper place to acquire them from. Thanks!
Old 02-16-22, 07:54 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by g2bme
Anyone in SoCal go through OIC?

had a little fender bender and my front lip needs replacement and the actual OEM bumper has some scratches that buffing could not take out.

id like to DIY but reading through the old post I don’t feel comfortable trimming the metal bumper reinforcement.

hoping to read through and research more on a bumper that’s great fitment with no need to trim or use a reciprocating saw to fit.

likewise any recommendation for LA body shops that can paint? Or even install?
Subscribing to your post as I am local in Socal and interested to see what you find out
Old 02-21-22, 07:25 AM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
Subscribing to your post as I am local in Socal and interested to see what you find out
I’ve done the search and the recommended eBay sellers still have them in stock and they’re “local” in so cal. They all said it’s pretty much a DIY with slight modifications to the bumper guard.

Found some IG 2ISers that have done it and also upgraded to the 4IS front bumper.

check out VIP.is350 on IG.

Haven’t had the time to order and “install myself” but I really haven’t taken the plunge in ordering because it’s more involved than I want.
Old 05-12-22, 02:49 PM
tbonevega
8th Gear

Originally Posted by benmunger
https://youtu.be/P3xZBinb10Q

Thank you all for your help during the conversion. Thanks to this form and its members I was able to fit and wrap this bumper all on my own.

If anyone needs help with their convertible LMK. I'll try to throw a video together as well.
My ISC is in the shop right now getting the conversion done and they just called me and said that the fog lights that came with the bumper conversion don’t plug into the existing plugs. What is the solution?
Old 05-12-22, 03:36 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 796 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonevega
My ISC is in the shop right now getting the conversion done and they just called me and said that the fog lights that came with the bumper conversion don’t plug into the existing plugs. What is the solution?
You need to buy a 9006 to H11 conversion harness off eBay or Amazon. Plug-and-play.

Quick Reply: Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion