IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-18, 01:42 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Htle83
Hey bud, so to confirm. You had to make all these cuts so it would fit and meet flush with the 3is conversion bumper? Does the engine undercover panel just hang or how do you have it mounted and attached to the bumper?

I'm debating between one with lip or one without the lip. Most importantly for me, does the bumper without the lip flow evenly with the stock side skirts? Would the added front lip appear too low to the ground and not flow well with stock side skirts. If anyone can add input, I'd greatly appreciate. Thanks.
I'm not sure they offer the one with lip anymore. that seemed like a first gen version that didn't fit well. The recent version we all have here doesn't come with lip and all the 3IS lips don't fit since curves are slightly different. I had to trim and mod the TRD style eBay two piece canard style lip to fit this bumper.

As far as the panels go...once you trip the radiator duct flap, you can drill two new holes to mount to the new bumper. These are the only front lower tabs on this bumper. The sides bold to the fender lining (one side of mine was poorly lined up from the MFG. They just plastic welded the side tabs, which I have to now sand off to remove and relocate about 1/2-inch over to line up with the stock fender lining holes.

The rest of the lower fender linings and lower panels actually just clip and mount to each other so you don't really need to mount to bumper, they should stay fine. I decided to fab some aluminum Z brackets thought. I will post pictures when I get to that part.
Old 01-04-18, 03:26 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Trimmed and molded the TRD style lip canards. Used two screws on side and bottom. Gonna use some oem lip rubber gasket after paint.
Small gap but not noticeable on black.

Used some $1.50 license plate nut bushings from Lowe’s for the fender to bumper side joint.
My final side trimming to fit.
New hole under the radiator duct to bolt bumper on.
Fender lining to under panel. You can use old hardware to bolt to pieces together. I’m planning on making a Z bracket to bumper and lip.
Fender lining hold on each side that bolted to old lip/bumper. Not really important or needed anymore.
Old 01-25-18, 06:25 AM
Yarikpvl
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yesterday got my bumper also. I liked the overall fit of the bumper, definitely need to make lockers bigger as it’s not big enough to screw with bumper. Also the fog light are not so good as original , but for this money they worth it. In comparison to my old bumper I can say it’s 9/10.

Last edited by Yarikpvl; 01-25-18 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-30-18, 09:53 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Quick update on my project. I haven't had much time to work on it the last 3 weeks. Did a few fitment and trimming updates.

I did notice they eBay sellers have increased the price of this bumper. Must be the extra demand they have been getting with this bumper.
www.ebay.com/itm/For-06-13-Lexus-IS250-IS350-F-Sport-Front-Bumper-2IS-to-3IS-Conversion-PP-Lip

If Ikon is Sold Out, try another company down the street from them, probably the same product.
www.ebay.com/itm/For-06-13-Lexus-IS250-IS350-F-Sport-Front-Bumper-2IS-to-3IS-Conversion-PP-Lip-OICRacing

For that extra $200, you do get a lip which fits this bumper ($300 for me since they refunded me $100 for no lip from their old stock of the bumper).

I also noticed they have posted a new listing for the non-lip version.
www.ebay.com/itm/For-06-13-Lexus-IS250-IS350-F-Sport-Front-Bumper-2IS-to-3IS-Conversion-PP-Osma-Motor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-06-13-Lexus-IS250-350-C-to-F-Sport-Front-Bumper-Conversion-2IS-to-3IS-Lip

That one is $100 cheaper than the lip version, but still $100 more than I paid in November.

I had to remove one of the lower side brackets which comes plastic welded/soldered to the bumper and reposition it. Old way had it off by 1/2 inch, most people would have redrilled hole. I'm too ****, so I did the hard/correct way.

Bracket off resulting in hole in wrong spot, redid plastic weld of the bracket into the outline on bumper to fit.

3IS grill tab blocks the front engine cover, had to trim the tab to fit.

Used a dremel cutoff tool to trim it just right.

cleaned up the cut with some sand paper and made a custom bracket to mount the grill to OEM spot. Used 1/16 aluminum from Lowe's and cut to fit. Will probably paint matte black to match engine area. Will used OEM 10mm screw and clips to hold it on.

Engine cover on and fits. After install, the cover won't use the two front clips anymore since 3IS doesn't have the tabs/holes for it.

The front bumper to hood gaps, I think this is issue with all 3IS conversions due to the grill. The bumper area, I don't know since that is supposed to fit like 2IS. I think once the rubber gasket trim comes on, it will be less noticeable.

Last edited by sinister2c; 03-29-21 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-09-18, 07:23 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally finished my bumper and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned. I also purchased the lip from Ikon Motorsports.

The following users liked this post:
MaruBaku (09-03-21)
Old 02-09-18, 07:34 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Car looks amazing. Is that a wrap or paint?
The following users liked this post:
Izzmeister (02-09-18)
Old 02-09-18, 07:41 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

It's all paint.
Old 02-09-18, 11:06 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by Izzmeister
I finally finished my bumper and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned. I also purchased the lip from Ikon Motorsports.

what lip is that? How much does it go for?
Old 02-09-18, 11:14 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sinister2c
what lip is that? How much does it go for?

I contacted Ikon about the lip in the eBay posting and asked about a specific lip for the bumper.
Old 02-09-18, 11:21 PM
DMV350
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by DMV350; 01-14-19 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-09-18, 11:26 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DMV350
Ikon Motorsports. I've seen some of their stuff for sale on eBay.

Izzmeister -- Love how it turned out! I don't always take to 3IS bumpers, but that looks very clean
Thanks DMV350! I'm pretty happy with Ikon's stuff. I did have an issue with the sides not clipping in. But I was able to get remedied. I also got the Wald style spoiler from them installed on my car too. I'm going to get it molded to the trunk soon.
Old 02-09-18, 11:33 PM
DMV350
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by DMV350; 01-14-19 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-10-18, 01:33 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by Izzmeister

I contacted Ikon about the lip in the eBay posting and asked about a specific lip for the bumper.
so not one they sell normally? Assuming it's designed for the bumper?

I saw they are listing a bumper with the lip included now.
Old 02-10-18, 02:01 PM
Izzmeister
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sinister2c
so not one they sell normally? Assuming it's designed for the bumper?

I saw they are listing a bumper with the lip included now.
I dealt with Alex at Ikon. I'll PM you his email.
Old 02-17-18, 08:17 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Lip for this bumper ordered separate from Ikon for $100. This came in 2 days since they shipped from their Atlanta drop ship warehouse.
Had to drill and fit to bumper. Lip is designed to sit against the raised edge on bumper b
There gaps near the curves, so need to strategically grill screw holes and put them on backside. I used two screws per side
Happy with it, the lip is pretty thin Plastic so may not withstand any major hits or scraping over time.

Quick Reply: Ebay Bumper 2IS to 3IS Conversion