DEPO Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-18, 05:42 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Petet

what led strips did you use ?
probably the Pixel sequential boards from TRS. I was thinking about them after I did my custom board and cree star LEDs. But I'm happy with my setup, the LEDs are bright during daytime.
Old 10-20-18, 05:50 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Sounds like a wiring issue with the retrofit. The wiring should all be in same pins but depends if your guy made all the right connections. Easy to forget all the harnesses especially with all the stuff you got going on.

turn signal harness are all on outside of the housing.

Originally Posted by LexusfanVA
TLDR, might you guys be able to post up exactly how how to wire the halogen Depo with retro fit HID? So that low beams high beams turn signals etc all work?

My setup is Depo Halogen, with custom etched STI-R lens, custom bracket for the HID projector, with upgraded led strip to better LED’s as well as a sequential turn style. Halo ring on the projector as well as added Bluetooth color changing demon eyes both in the projector and the Led strip. 6k phillips $180 bulbs. These were modded and installed last weekend. Right now I have a bad ballast and neither low nor high beams work though the beams worked for a bit, but needed adjustment and after a car wash neither work. High beams never worked. The strip/halo are currently wired to only work with parking or low beams. Going to be installing LED fogs and fixing everything and was hoping for some wiring info.

Any tips you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-21-18, 11:38 AM
smarti
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a company or some person that makes custom brackets to mount projectors?
thanks
Old 10-22-18, 09:54 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Originally Posted by smarti
Does anyone know if there is a company or some person that makes custom brackets to mount projectors?
thanks
Nope probably not a market for those on the headlight or car.
Old 10-26-18, 10:25 PM
Israelq95
Driver School Candidate

Instead of going HID on these headlights is it possible to fit a LED on the low beam? If so will it be able to close the cover so moisture wont get in the housing?
Old 10-26-18, 10:50 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Yes, most of the LED lights will fit. I have a set for sale in the forum market place if you want it. I know that set fits as I had fit it in the housing.
Old 12-05-18, 07:56 AM
Drpower
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I was finally able to grab a set of these headlights. I love the way they look but I can definitely see the complaint about the LED output, I barely can see them during the day. On top of that after just three days, one of my LED's is out. I wanna update these LED's and the projectors but I don't want to do all of the work as suggested in this awesome thread. Any suggestions on a company that would do this for me? I am in NYC for anyone who knows who can do this for me locally. Thanks!

Old 12-05-18, 09:07 AM
LexusfanVA
Instructor

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Drpower
So I was finally able to grab a set of these headlights. I love the way they look but I can definitely see the complaint about the LED output, I barely can see them during the day. On top of that after just three days, one of my LED's is out. I wanna update these LED's and the projectors but I don't want to do all of the work as suggested in this awesome thread. Any suggestions on a company that would do this for me? I am in NYC for anyone who knows who can do this for me locally. Thanks!

I used Wise Detailz, or Aaron Wise. He's on the FB groups and on IG and lives in PA. I honestly just had all the parts shipped to him and then swung by his house(1.5 hours away from me) and he installed them and wired everything up also. He was able to fix all of my issues with new harnesses. Loving them now and already been about a month or two with zero condensation issues. Not sure what brand LED strips he used for the person who asked.
Here is a vid:
Old 12-05-18, 09:25 AM
Drpower
Driver

Thanks! I found his website. I am gonna ask for a quote to see how much they are gonna charge me to get it done.
Old 12-06-18, 04:58 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Lightwerkz.net is in Jersey. Check them out.
Old 12-07-18, 07:58 AM
Drpower
Driver

Originally Posted by sinister2c
Lightwerkz.net is in Jersey. Check them out.
I asked them for a quote and they told me that they don't offer any upgrades to these headlights. Something to do with the projector being side mounted which complicates things. Also, they don't offer any custom LED services.
Old 12-07-18, 09:27 AM
1FlexedLex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never used their services before but ive seen their work constantly around town and other forums. OneEightyCustoms located in brooklyn. https://oneightynyc.com/
Old 01-06-19, 07:43 PM
Israelq95
Driver School Candidate

Default Depo Headlights adjustment output

I just installed these headlight I like the way they look. Although I tried adjusting the light output to be even. My driver side goes up and down perfectly to set it how i want it. But the passenger one first started to go up when i turned clockwise but after awhile i kept going clockwise it started to go down or not move at all. Could the mechanism be faulty?
Old 01-06-19, 09:03 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Drpower
I asked them for a quote and they told me that they don't offer any upgrades to these headlights. Something to do with the projector being side mounted which complicates things. Also, they don't offer any custom LED services.
It sounds like they only want headlights that they can easily fit right in after the headlights are opened :/ You can find someone that customize headlights and show them sinister2c's pics on how to cut or customize. I was quoted $300 to fit it with after market projectors (no DRL LED changes though).
Old 10-10-20, 07:45 AM
Drpower
Driver

Originally Posted by nosurprise
It sounds like they only want headlights that they can easily fit right in after the headlights are opened :/ You can find someone that customize headlights and show them sinister2c's pics on how to cut or customize. I was quoted $300 to fit it with after market projectors (no DRL LED changes though).
That's actually a good price. Is that for both headlights?

Quick Reply: DEPO Headlights