IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Alignment done

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-18, 08:25 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Alignment done

Hey all, had an alignment done today. Had it done at a Goodyear since a buddy there works at the front desk and gave me a discount versus going to the dealer. Just wondering if this looks okay? Had a bit of extra toe on the front passenger side, but it looks like everything else wasn't really touched much. I'll probably be taking it back today since I noticed the steering wheel is a little off since (like 11:55 versus 12).

Old 03-06-18, 09:12 AM
timmy0tool

Received 421 Likes on 375 Posts

not really sure how feasible this is but give the tires some time to adjust.
the tires were use to a certain alignment and now with the new adjustments the tires need to wear differently.

this was common for me when I had terrible alignment for so long that the tires were worn unevenly.
your pre-alignment numbers don't look that bad to begin with so it might not be the case for you.

also keep in mind our cars have soft LCA bushings that tend to throw off alignments during braking/cornering anyway so uneven tire wear is very common.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...a-non-isf.html
Old 03-06-18, 09:21 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmon
Hey all, had an alignment done today. Had it done at a Goodyear since a buddy there works at the front desk and gave me a discount versus going to the dealer. Just wondering if this looks okay? Had a bit of extra toe on the front passenger side, but it looks like everything else wasn't really touched much. I'll probably be taking it back today since I noticed the steering wheel is a little off since (like 11:55 versus 12).

I got 3 alignments done within 4 months. First time was when I got my new tires. Second time I did suspension work on the driver's side. Final time was suspension work on the passenger's side. All with same results wheel position at 11:58 or so when driving. So I hope like the above post about letting the tires work themselves works. Then again I've been reading that the tie rods need to be worked to get a true center. I plan to look for a decent place to take it again.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 03-06-18 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-06-18, 10:51 AM
Zmon
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
I got 3 alignments done within 4 months. First time was when I got my new tires. Second time I did suspension work on the driver's side. Final time was suspension work on the passenger's side. All with same results wheel position at 11:58 or so when driving. So I hope like the above post about letting the tires work themselves works. Then again I've been reading that the tie rods need to be worked to get a true center. I plan to look for a decent place to take it again.
Ehhh, I ended up stopping in because it was bothering me a bit with it at 12 when I was doing a slight right. They did get it truly centered as far as I can tell now. As for cross camber, is it fine at 0.7 for the rear?

Yeah, I know about the LCA bushings at the very least. I've been thinking about picking up a set, I've actually had them in my cart for a while at RR, just haven't checked out. I've also been waiting to see if I can grab a f-sport fsb on here as I've really begun to notice the oversteer with just the rsb lately, so I'm trying to think what I want to prioritize over the other.