IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Scosche ITCLS01B - INSTALLED!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-18, 06:24 PM
DirtyDYT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scosche ITCLS01B - INSTALLED!!

Hey All, I've been lurking for a while and sucking up all the knowledge, so I figured it was time for me to give back. I have a 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD. Please note I do not have the mark levinson audio and it did not come with factory navigation. I’ve seen several people out on the forums who want to do an aftermarket radio, but aren’t happy with the Beat sonic kit being too low in the dash or whatnot. I purchased the Scosche ITCLS01B and the Alpine ILX-107 around 2 weeks ago. Along with the install that my friends did while I basically watched, got tools, and cooked lunch for them, we did the backup cam that came for free with the purchase of the ILX-107 from crutchfield, a 1000 watt amp, and two 12 inch subwoofers. All this stuff was installed this past Sunday, 5/20/18. I do not really have a detailed instruction on how to do it, but I will say that everything is currently working as intended. The things that I do know are that we soldered and heat shrink wrapped the scosche kit and alpine wiring harnesses based on the provided tables. Steering wheel volume controls work, I don’t have any error messages. Dash display works(not sure if people have had an error with this). I don’t have the Bluetooth steering wheel controls, so I’m not able to test that either. The most confusing part was wiring the parking break wire on the Alpine unit and not having rear wires on the scosche wiring harness. The former was solved by plugging into the cigarette lighter and just being able to flick the headlights on and off to get to the settings that are disabled normally when the parking break isn’t engaged. When my friend wired this and we tested it, it ****ing blew my mind that it worked that way since I don’t know much about cars. The latter(rear wires) was finally explained that by realizing that the Lexus amp was highly sophisticated. Scosche confirmed I didn’t need to wire the rears from the Alpine harness. I do have a slight gap between the top of where the radio is supposed to sit and the dash kit. My friends suggested some black velvet, but I think it’s hardly noticeable to most people. Overall I would say I’m super pleased with the install. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try my best to answer them or I’ll see if one of my friends has the answer. The display looks a bit washed out in the pics, but it looks fantastic in person. Also attached is the Lexus IS250 wiring diagram for the speakers.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Lexus IS250 Wiring Diagram.pdf (199.7 KB, 504 views)
The following users liked this post:
Kingdom934 (07-29-18)
Old 06-09-18, 09:37 AM
eric08
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool man. Looks great!👍 I just bought the same kit and am looking forward to getting it. How's it holding up so far? Incase no ones said it yet, welcome to the community and thanks for your contribution.
Eric
Old 06-09-18, 11:24 AM
DirtyDYT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eric08
Very cool man. Looks great!👍 I just bought the same kit and am looking forward to getting it. How's it holding up so far? Incase no ones said it yet, welcome to the community and thanks for your contribution.
Eric
So I have encountered the issue that previous people had with the low volume on the back speakers with the discontinued Scosche dash kit, however there’s a built in fader through the AC controls. I haven’t bothered to mess with the fader yet since I have subs and I hadn’t even noticed the problem until I actively tried to listen to it.

Im not sure if you’re doing the ILX-107 install too, but I have encountered what I describe as clipping when it goes between the apps and then back to the music. I called alpine and they had me go through trouble shooting steps and suggested if those didn’t work that I’d have to send it back. The trouble shooting steps didn’t work, but I’m going to see if alpine can send me a new one then I can send the old one
back.

Ill try to update this thread with the status of that when they send me the new one.
Old 06-09-18, 05:02 PM
SeanO
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks great.. how much $$$ for the entire setup?
Old 06-09-18, 06:08 PM
DirtyDYT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SeanO
Looks great.. how much $$$ for the entire setup?
To be honest, probably around $1000 for just the head unit and dash kit. The Scosche dash kit was $281 and the headunit was $700. The back up cam came with the head unit for free and I had the subs and amp in my previous car.

Obviously it can be done for cheaper but that head unit is the only aftermarket one that has wireless car play. That specific fact is crazy considering a friend bought a brand new 2018 civic and it didn’t even have wireless car play. It communicates with the phone via WiFi(obviously no internet capabilities, internet still runs off the phone). It has Bluetooth functionality but as far as I’m aware, the Bluetooth only tells the phone to connect to the headunit - you can’t stream Music through the Bluetooth or anything.

Last edited by DirtyDYT; 06-09-18 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-17-18, 01:53 PM
eric08
Rookie

Im not using the same headunit as you but I did just get the dash set up. My hvac controls wont show up and the screens for them will light up and go dim. Did you experience that at all when you first installed it?
Old 06-17-18, 07:06 PM
DirtyDYT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by eric08
Im not using the same headunit as you but I did just get the dash set up. My hvac controls wont show up and the screens for them will light up and go dim. Did you experience that at all when you first installed it?
Only the second day after I installed it. I believe it was because the car was too hot and turning it off and back on fixed it. I haven’t experienced it since.
Old 07-02-18, 10:26 PM
k954triniz
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtyDYT

To be honest, probably around $1000 for just the head unit and dash kit. The Scosche dash kit was $281 and the headunit was $700. The back up cam came with the head unit for free and I had the subs and amp in my previous car.

Obviously it can be done for cheaper but that head unit is the only aftermarket one that has wireless car play. That specific fact is crazy considering a friend bought a brand new 2018 civic and it didn’t even have wireless car play. It communicates with the phone via WiFi(obviously no internet capabilities, internet still runs off the phone). It has Bluetooth functionality but as far as I’m aware, the Bluetooth only tells the phone to connect to the headunit - you can’t stream Music through the Bluetooth or anything.
where the hell did you get it for $281 .. cant find it cheaper than $324. and if anyone have used this with factory bluetooth. how does it work with the steering controls
another dumb question. how do i know if i have the mark levinson system . doesn't say it anywhere so i assume i don't.
Old 07-27-18, 05:21 PM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Temperature

Can the temperature be displayed as Celsius?
Old 07-27-18, 05:24 PM
eric08
Rookie

Originally Posted by valeoray
Can the temperature be displayed as Celsius?
Yep. Except it weirdly goes back to fahrenheit just at like 30 degrees on my particular one. Its like 27.5 to 28 to 28.5 to 81 hahah. Then to high. Really no big deal.
The following users liked this post:
sNotM3 (11-13-23)
Old 07-29-18, 01:13 AM
Kingdom934
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Really nice job on this. I'm debating on upgrading my setup in the IS to something more modern with USB. This should work on both the non-ML and ML system from what I've seen I think.

I've only seen this one on eBay. There's apparently an older version of this that looks a bit tacky.
Old 08-04-18, 11:29 AM
EmceeBradC
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Same setup : two questions

Last April I installed the same setup as you , Scosche dash unit with ILX-107 into non Marc Levinson 2007 is-350. I love the setup except for 3 things:

1). The rear speakers don’t get quite the sound they used to. It’s like the amp is not powering them sufficently. I found the best way to deal with it is to set the ILX-107 fader to max front speakers, the scosche amp setting to near maximum (about 45) and then the scosche fader to R1 or R2. Most of the sound is still coming out the front speakers but the rear are not nearly so quiet. Setting the ilx-107 fader to front seem necessary in order to get a clean sound if I turn up the amp settings on the scosche. If I leave the ilx-107 fader to Center (0) instead of front , I have to have the amp lower and the volume higher to avoid distortion. I don’t know why. Anyone else have any suggestions on this setup and how to get good sound out of the rear speakers.

2) The center vent unit is not flush between the scosche unit and the top of the dash. There are gaps . Does anyone know if I use the 2009 center vent unit (I understand from others that minor changes were made in the dash and vent on 2009-2013) would it fit better? I do see the setup in your photos does seem to fit nicely as opposed to mine. Your vent unit seems the be the original 2007 unit.

3) ILX-107 with iPhone X seems to have an issue where the controls for third party apps become unresponsive on the screen after using for some time. The weird thing is the native apps like music and maps continue to work fine. I am not sure if this is specific to the iPhone X and ilx-107 or not. Turning off and on the ilx-107 or sometimes needing to reboot he iPhone fixes it. Anyone seen this issue.

Despite these issues , I really do love the new dash and he ability to now have Carplay in my 2007 is-350z

Last edited by EmceeBradC; 08-04-18 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-10-19, 02:51 PM
sweiner202
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing carplay on Nav version IS250

Is there any good solution for installing a carplay receiver on a 2012 IS250 with factory nav? I understand the SOSCHE will not work due to a software issue.
Old 07-11-19, 03:41 PM
Ronin559
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard, that is a nice set up.

I am going to make this change in the near future, I've been debating on going with your exact set up you have or going with the 10" Tesla style Chinese android screen. I like the look of the and modernization of the big 10" screen, but I am not 100% sold on the function of them.I have seen where you can buy a module to add Apple Car Play to them, but I am hoping that they will start to come out with some updated units in the next year that down Wireless Apple Car Play. The thing I love about the ILX-107 if its functionality and of course Wireless Apple Car Play, I have been leaning that way anyways, so if there is not 10" Android update I will likely end up going your route.
Old 08-11-19, 10:33 AM
JoeDobs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an older thread, but I’ve recently installed this same kit in our 08 IS250. It’s non Levinson and non navigation. Our stock radio has 3 plugs on the back, one of which isn’t used with the scosche kit. I called their tech support and they basically said that plug wouldn’t be used and it was only for the stock sub. Well, after finishing the install the tpms light came on. I didn’t put 2 and 2 together and thought that I had a bad tpm sensor. Long story short, I have 4 new tpm sensors and still have the light. Took it to the dealership and they traced it down to the plug that I was told “isn’t used”. Has anyone had this issue? I’ve attached a pic of the plugs in the dash and also of the back of the stock radio. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Scosche ITCLS01B - INSTALLED!!