2012 IS 250 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-18, 07:49 PM
DawidR32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2012 IS 250 Problem

Hello Lexus family it's a pleasure to meet all of you,

I am posting this because I am fairly new to Lexus and I have came upon something that worries me. I do apologize in advance if this was already asked but I have researched and didn't really see an answer that I was looking for. So here I go. I have purchased my 2012 Lexus Is 250 last week from this young lady. The car had 2 owners and it just hit 69K. One of my concerns is obviously the ticking noise that I hear when i start the car. You can hear it when the car is idling. I have researched and saw that this is fairly normal but there is another problem. When I try to accelerate there is this ticking/clicking sound between 1-3k RPM. or i also hear this when i drive super slow. The one thing that worries me is that the girl before me didn't use Premium gas even tho it states on the gas door that you should. I read about using lower octane on cars and it just said that the car might have horrible gas milage. I haven't put any premium gas since because I still have Gas that she tanked up. What should I be worried about? Can anyone help?

I also heard that there were some recalls on cams or something. I called the dealer and gave them my VIN and they say my car didn't have ant recalls.

Thanks so much in advance.
Dawid
Old 06-07-18, 10:09 PM
ProxyLexi
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the car throwing any check engine lights? Does it drive fine? What you are probably hearing is just the direct injection. Open up the hood and see where the tick is coming from. Also, you can check what service was performed on your car by registering an account with Lexus Drivers and entering your cars VIN. Heres the link: http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/
Old 06-08-18, 05:16 AM
DawidR32
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ProxyLexi
Is the car throwing any check engine lights? Does it drive fine? What you are probably hearing is just the direct injection. Open up the hood and see where the tick is coming from. Also, you can check what service was performed on your car by registering an account with Lexus Drivers and entering your cars VIN. Heres the link: http://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/

Hello ProxyLexi. No i don't see any lights on the dash so far. I have contacted the dealer that the girl was getting her oil change done and she was getting them done every 5,000 miles. Last one was done on May 18 and when I checked the oil on the dipstick it looked really fresh. Had like the gold color to it. This is my first Lexus so I'm just a little worried. Thank you for the website. Im going to register as soon as I can.
Old 06-08-18, 07:28 AM
DawidR32
Driver School Candidate

So I had sone time to take a video of the sound that I’m talking about. You can hear it most when you let go of off throttle.