IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New recall alert [fuel delivery pipe] from my insurance company for my IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-18, 07:36 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmon
Did they tell you how long? They told me only a week for parts to come in. I called last Thursday and got the call on Tuesday telling me the parts arrived already. Scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday to have it done.
well, it’s been a while so I decided to call them yesterday. Turns out there was not a list and I was given the runaround.
Spoke with the assistant service manager, and she hooked me up with a rental NX hybrid and off I went.
Today,, I got my car back washed and detailed. No full tank of gas, but I’m just glad it’s done.
Old 09-28-18, 07:41 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I have to drop off my car today so they can take care of this recall...they will give me a loaner for the weekend they said...
Old 09-28-18, 08:34 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Bet you ending up buying a new Lexus. That’s why they want you to take it for the weekend. Which is not a bad deal, you get to try the new fleet. You can request which car you want. Go for it!
Old 09-28-18, 08:57 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ...................

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Bet you ending up buying a new Lexus. That’s why they want you to take it for the weekend. Which is not a bad deal, you get to try the new fleet. You can request which car you want. Go for it!
I am still happy with my 06 IS350 it still drives like new although it has 125k miles...the only car I may consider is the LC500 but that my friend is well out of our budget
Old 09-28-18, 04:24 PM
Petet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I just had 2 loaners in the past few weeks RX450H and a NX300. The RX was different with the electric motor. The NX drove a lot better and the seat was much more comfortable. Neither of the 2 had the ***** of my 08 IS350.
Old 09-30-18, 07:41 PM
jusclark13
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Took mine in and of course the dealer “noticed” a fuel injector clip was completely broken and they can’t perform recall due it needing replaced but they never touched it. Entire new fuel injector for $200 due to it “not being their responsibility”
Old 10-01-18, 05:41 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

That's Fup
Old 10-02-18, 09:22 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kensteele
im going to wait to see how this goes before i do anything. last time we had a recall, some dealership broke some of the parts that were not covered under the recall and then claimed the broken parts were not covered because of their condition. imagine that nonsense.
Originally Posted by jusclark13
Took mine in and of course the dealer “noticed” a fuel injector clip was completely broken and they can’t perform recall due it needing replaced but they never touched it. Entire new fuel injector for $200 due to it “not being their responsibility”
you don't say. but of course. go in for a recall, come out with two bills.
Old 10-03-18, 01:54 AM
Petet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
you don't say. but of course. go in for a recall, come out with two bills.
just happens to me. Get a recall done then spend more money on there mistake. Mine was only cosmetic. I won’t be paying them anything.
Old 10-07-18, 10:39 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,513 Likes on 1,258 Posts

Not knowing if future mechanic will give a damn, I used a paint brush and air compressor to dislodge the freeway dust and debris before she goes in Tomorrow for the fuel rail.

Anyone stumble upon the tech repair paper? Looks like bare minimum is the upper plastic intake plenum and maybe the lower manifold? But all the high pressure is left alone? Sound right?
Old 10-17-18, 07:35 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I got the recall done today and got the car back with a bunch of scratches like the one in the pic below. It doesn't feel like it's going to wax off or through simple polish. I'm going to give dealership a call tomorrow to see if they will do anything about it.

There are also a lot fine swirls on the car now so I think they put the car through some crappy car wash. I had been going to the same dealership for years without problems. Though they used to advertise a hand car wash, maybe they no longer do that.
Attached Thumbnails New recall alert [fuel delivery pipe]  from my insurance company for my IS350?-img_1508.jpg  
Old 10-18-18, 09:16 AM
DMV350
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Last edited by DMV350; 01-16-19 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-18-18, 04:38 PM
GreyHound
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 'car wash'

Originally Posted by mandyfig
And a car wash?
LOL 'Car wash' , Yeah back in the day, car wash would have been cool. Hell, that 06 clear coat is so fragile, if you go 'Boo', it would have marred it.
I had the fuel line replaced years ago with a previous recall. I now only use 'Pure' brand gasoline, which has no alcohol ( ethanol), so I bet the rubber gaskets or whatever are just fine. Just like the fuel lines.
Its that ethanol which caused the first fuel line recall. 72K miles, its probably fine. ( Just like the valve springs) . If you can switch to non - alcohol gasoline, do it as soon as possible.

Oh well, I need to call them to have the airbag & melting dash recalls done.
They will just make it look worse if they wash the car.

stay safe out there
Old 10-18-18, 07:42 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

The dealer said the scratches would buff off and I'll take the car in tomorrow.

I'll ask for no wash from now on. I'm not sure if the scratches are caused by the wash, but the swirl marks seem to indicate that they either use very dirty towels or the car had gone through a car wash.
Old 01-03-19, 09:26 AM
retaj
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Repair Details

I had to have my my fuel pressure sensor and fuel rail replaced, so I wondered if it was the same part as in this recall. This was to see if I could be reimbursed for that repair. After making some calls, I have the answer.

The repair kit for this recall is 04007-55131.

Here is a very informative document from the NHTSA:
Technical Details

The answer is that this recall is a separate part from the fuel rail/fuel pressure sensor. At some point, I will have to travel to my out-of-town dealer for this.

Last edited by retaj; 01-03-19 at 09:31 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by retaj:
A1cntrler (01-03-19), StanleyR (11-21-19)

Quick Reply: New recall alert [fuel delivery pipe] from my insurance company for my IS350?