IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Help recommend a new front bumper lip, so many styles to chose from

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-18, 05:33 PM
Rrotz
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help recommend a new front bumper lip, so many styles to chose from

My front lip is split and I'd like to replace it while I do repairs on the rear end. There are so many vendors and styles to choose from on eEbay, my budget is $150 shipping included.
Old 09-27-18, 06:03 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Carbon fiber? Poly? You lowered? Aggressive more your style or more clean and conservative?
Old 09-27-18, 06:56 PM
Rrotz
Driver

Poly, painted to match. Wiill be lowered by half, not an aggressive dump. F-Sport style or seamless with the OE bumper.
Old 09-27-18, 07:19 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

$150 shipped and painted, I'd be highly interested if you find any for this price. I personally rock the Wald rep and I think it's the best looking lip.
Old 09-27-18, 07:43 PM
Rrotz
Driver

Originally Posted by Aspect
$150 shipped and painted, I'd be highly interested if you find any for this price. I personally rock the Wald rep and I think it's the best looking lip.
Painting will be done by the shop.
Old 09-27-18, 08:15 PM
lextacy069
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was forced to get a new lip this week, a damn racoon deciding to party in the middle of the road and smacked my lip off. It also tore up the bumper tabs as well. This also forced a purchase of a new bumper. So I will be installing it next week and maybe that would give you an idea how my lip choice is. I just painted my lip last night. I think this lip is going to be bad *** when it is done!
Old 09-27-18, 11:44 PM
Rrotz
Driver

Originally Posted by lextacy069
I was forced to get a new lip this week, a damn racoon deciding to party in the middle of the road and smacked my lip off. It also tore up the bumper tabs as well. This also forced a purchase of a new bumper. So I will be installing it next week and maybe that would give you an idea how my lip choice is. I just painted my lip last night. I think this lip is going to be bad *** when it is done!
What lip is it?? Do tell!
Old 09-28-18, 03:48 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Vertex rep would look good. Ings would be too bulky on a mild drop. Se tuned would look good or the fabulous lip. Always could go with the gfx front lip. There are used versions here on the site.
Old 09-28-18, 03:53 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
Vertex rep would look good. Ings would be too bulky on a mild drop. Se tuned would look good or the fabulous lip. Always could go with the gfx front lip. There are used versions here on the site.
I'm just looking for a decent one on Ebay that'll be f-sport style or like OEM. I have no clue about those manufacturers or styles other than what I see on ebay.
Old 09-28-18, 10:02 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn racoons! One got me a couple years ago too, I've just been too lazy and haven't cared enough to replace my busted lip.
Old 09-28-18, 10:12 PM
Rrotz
Driver

Post pictures, please guys.
Old 09-28-18, 11:04 PM
lextacy069
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rrotz
Post pictures, please guys.
Got this guy for 69.99 and free shipping from fleabay. It looks ISF ish so you can pretty much earn your F badge with this guy

OK so I just got done painting this. My bumper is being shipped form Texas right now so I wont have any mount photos just yet. Hang in there!

This is going on a silver tungsten pearl with blade spoiler.

Word of warning. Its not primed so you must take some 1000-1400 grit to it. There are only two screw holes on each side on its ends. So this makes me uncertain on its mounting. Again I will keep you posted if this lip is for you
Old 09-29-18, 12:18 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Got this guy for 69.99 and free shipping from fleabay. It looks ISF ish so you can pretty much earn your F badge with this guy

OK so I just got done painting this. My bumper is being shipped form Texas right now so I wont have any mount photos just yet. Hang in there!

This is going on a silver tungsten pearl with blade spoiler.

Word of warning. Its not primed so you must take some 1000-1400 grit to it. There are only two screw holes on each side on its ends. So this makes me uncertain on its mounting. Again I will keep you posted if this lip is for you
nice, can you post a picture from the front? Is this the one that is lower in the front?
Old 10-03-18, 11:56 PM
lextacy069
Driver School Candidate

Ok got my new bumper and installed lip as well. This should give you an idea of how much lower it is

Old 10-04-18, 04:32 AM
Rrotz
Driver

Ok got my new bumper and installed lip as well. This should give you an idea of how much lower it is

nice, do you have a link to the same one you got?

Quick Reply: Help recommend a new front bumper lip, so many styles to chose from