IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Out of Warranty Sticky Dash Options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-18, 10:29 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Out of Warranty Sticky Dash Options?

I've searched and browsed as many sticky dash threads I could was not able to find too much information on what people have done.

For those who are SOL and missed the deadline for the sticky dashboard, I want to hear about your solutions. I have a dash cover on it currently but I'm looking for other options that others have done that are a more permanent fix. A friend of mine is doing his recall soon and he is going to ask the dealership if he can keep his good condition dash for me to replace mine, but that aside, what's everyone else done to remedy/mitigate the sticky dash?

Thank you!

Last edited by Lammyyy; 10-31-18 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-31-18, 11:34 AM
Drizell
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What up! Sticky dash BS. Youtube has ppl scrubing the surface with a scratch guard pad or a form of brillow. Then it looks dull but no more sticky.
This would not help me because in Florida the dash well get more than sticky, like a gell if you press it leaves indent.
Igot a armor all Pad for the dash and just really scrubbed with that. Now it gleems well and when i run my hand across the dash it does not stick. Helped me out alot.
For out of warranty, I wouldent even consider replacing the dash, i would just get a new Lex. Permanent fix is "replacement" simple as that

2010 IS250 RWD-108k mile mark currently. Looking to get to 300k
Old 10-31-18, 11:53 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drizell
What up! Sticky dash BS. Youtube has ppl scrubing the surface with a scratch guard pad or a form of brillow. Then it looks dull but no more sticky.
This would not help me because in Florida the dash well get more than sticky, like a gell if you press it leaves indent.
Igot a armor all Pad for the dash and just really scrubbed with that. Now it gleems well and when i run my hand across the dash it does not stick. Helped me out alot.
For out of warranty, I wouldent even consider replacing the dash, i would just get a new Lex. Permanent fix is "replacement" simple as that

2010 IS250 RWD-108k mile mark currently. Looking to get to 300k
Hmm, I might have to look into that! Any link for your armor all pad and any pictures of your dash? I was originally going to let it go and just use the car as a beater but had a few life changes. With my new job, I don't need to drive to work anymore so both my RC-F and IS350 stay at home. I was considering just getting rid of it altogether until I saw redspencer's build and decided to build up the IS350 again after I'm finished with the F.

If my friend is able to keep his dash from his recall then I'm just going to rip the dash apart and replace it with that, but I don't want to rely on that so I'm looking for another fix. It really sucks for me because I noted it to my service advisor last year on 4/17 and they never noted it or anything! I called Lexus Corporate and they said there was nothing they could do and the service rep I spoke to then isn't even there anymore!
Old 10-31-18, 12:20 PM
Drizell
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I hate when they never note your complaint. Corporate will only agree to pay some if not None of the charges for OOW.
Il try to get the pic im at work doing health care and hard to get out. I like the RC-F. Really do. keeper. For the IS 2007, i would wait on your friend with the Dash cause that is the best fix. If you cant, then get rid of it and up the Year maybe a 2012.. The armor all pad just a sponge so you can apply more elbow and get into it. https://www.google.com/search?q=armo...5okbUcNkgFX-M:
Old 10-31-18, 01:17 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drizell
I hate when they never note your complaint. Corporate will only agree to pay some if not None of the charges for OOW.
Il try to get the pic im at work doing health care and hard to get out. I like the RC-F. Really do. keeper. For the IS 2007, i would wait on your friend with the Dash cause that is the best fix. If you cant, then get rid of it and up the Year maybe a 2012.. The armor all pad just a sponge so you can apply more elbow and get into it. https://www.google.com/search?q=armo...5okbUcNkgFX-M:
Yeah, it sucks but no point in crying over spilled milk. I've tried to discuss it with corporate but they're a bunch of monkeys and dealing with them is infuriating.

Thanks for the link brotha! I'll keep this updated after I give that a try.
Old 10-31-18, 06:03 PM
Petet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

If you think you can change the dash yourself there only $265 online. Not sure how much the shipping will be. I plan on changing mine after Xmas.
Old 10-31-18, 08:12 PM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Petet
If you think you can change the dash yourself there only $265 online. Not sure how much the shipping will be. I plan on changing mine after Xmas.
Shipping is probably going to be around $100-200 iirc.

I'm waiting on my friend but if not I'm going to just purchase one and rip the dash out. It shouldn't be too hard to do!
Old 11-01-18, 05:58 AM
Petet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

There’s a post on here with instructions on how to replace the dash. Not hard to do just time consuming. Plan on a full day of work.