IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New headlight option is coming soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-19, 09:57 AM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My extra bad paint/photoshop to compare, I think it really adds to it as it can look kinda plain on the top section due to nothing being there.

Old 01-10-19, 10:14 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Looks good. Give a very nice refresh!
Old 01-10-19, 03:57 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
We use Injection Mold machines.

Several OEM parts are molded by Approved service parts molders. There is a huge aftermarket/service manufacturing in Taiwan for several OEMs. These are the same people who actually mold some of these aftermarket parts. The only thing different would be to use lower cost resin so they can have profit and recover the investment on molds. The OEMs are mandated to support replacement parts for 20 years. They achieve this by employing service houses, they move tools to their location. The same houses use this knowledge base to create new tools for aftermarket.

This is the email response from vland:

hello,

could you please take a picture about the barcode of the headlight? you can see attached picture for reference. and is it okay to use glue to connect it? and we will refund you 30$ for this issue, waiting for reply, thank you.
Old 01-10-19, 06:32 PM
Mysta
Driver

Random night pic
New headlight option is coming soon-ldwwqm6h.jpg
Old 01-10-19, 09:11 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64

This is the email response from vland:

30 W H O L E dollars!?! Wow what a good deal...

Yeah right that's hella whack! They need to replace your light for FREE!
Old 01-10-19, 09:12 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mysta
Random night pic
Is that without High Beams? If not, that's better than my stock HIDs!

Last edited by Joelseff; 01-10-19 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-10-19, 09:15 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Well if I had bought those $600 headlights, and I got that response for $30. I would get my Chinese co-workers to help me write some profanity in Mandarin response to that email.

Yep definitely they should replace it without a doubt. It's going to leak big time.
Old 01-10-19, 10:23 PM
Allan1
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hahahah 30 dollars, glue it back what a garbage.
Old 01-11-19, 06:06 AM
Mysta
Driver

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Is that without High Beams? If not, that's better than my stock HIDs!
Yeah that's low beams only. Low beams are for sure better than stock, high beams a lil worse than stock.
Old 01-11-19, 11:39 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Mine arrived ok. Only they sent me the one with clear corners. Regardless I was gonna gut these anyways and customize the LEDs
Old 01-11-19, 02:16 PM
jxdigital
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RDIS250AWD
Mine arrived ok. Only they sent me the one with clear corners. Regardless I was gonna gut these anyways and customize the LEDs
Ok, so there are two different versions of this new headlight? I don't see this on the VLand website..

Although I have seen different pictures of it, those with orange reflectors on the outer sides and those with clear ones.
Old 01-11-19, 03:41 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jxdigital
Ok, so there are two different versions of this new headlight? I don't see this on the VLand website..

Although I have seen different pictures of it, those with orange reflectors on the outer sides and those with clear ones.
I would say overall build quality looks good. The epozy around the headlight housing is kinda sloppy, shrouds around the lights look kind of cheap but I already knew that by pictures online which is why I was planning on getting them out anyway. Gonna test the output before I open these .won't be seeing them on my car til probably March. Currently working on my new front as well

Old 01-11-19, 05:27 PM
ISupraF
5th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great thread! I'm in the market for new headlights as my passenger side took a hit at some point (previous owner) and the mounting tabs broke, so it sits funny and is full of moisture. I've Epoxy'd the tabs back, but we'll see how long that lasts. Also the original owner opted for 3M protection that's yellowing, peeling, hazed and just looks like crap after 11 years.
I'm still on the fence between these new Vlands or the VIPMotoZ's. The Vlands look good but as URAGEEK said, they totally give the Acura TL vibes, and we certainly wouldn't want our far superior Lexus' be mistaken for a Acura, right? I also think Mysta's eyelid idea would suit the Vlands very well for some extra customization. As far as the MotovipZ's go, they are more expensive but are more established with more reviews and at this point seem to be a hair higher quality. I also like that you can use your factory HID's in them with slight modification. I'm going to keep checking in on the thread and see how these lights play out before I make a purchase. A lot of you are buying them! Lots of shipping damage. If they break so easily during shipping, how will they handle a decent sized rock hit?
Old 01-12-19, 07:20 AM
primavera
Instructor

Received 314 Likes on 265 Posts

I really love the built-in eyelids in those, Wish they made them in lighter colour instead of black.
Old 01-13-19, 05:11 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISupraF
Great thread! I'm in the market for new headlights as my passenger side took a hit at some point (previous owner) and the mounting tabs broke, so it sits funny and is full of moisture. I've Epoxy'd the tabs back, but we'll see how long that lasts. Also the original owner opted for 3M protection that's yellowing, peeling, hazed and just looks like crap after 11 years.
I'm still on the fence between these new Vlands or the VIPMotoZ's. The Vlands look good but as URAGEEK said, they totally give the Acura TL vibes, and we certainly wouldn't want our far superior Lexus' be mistaken for a Acura, right? I also think Mysta's eyelid idea would suit the Vlands very well for some extra customization. As far as the MotovipZ's go, they are more expensive but are more established with more reviews and at this point seem to be a hair higher quality. I also like that you can use your factory HID's in them with slight modification. I'm going to keep checking in on the thread and see how these lights play out before I make a purchase. A lot of you are buying them! Lots of shipping damage. If they break so easily during shipping, how will they handle a decent sized rock hit?
I think they look more like the LS jewel lights than the Acura TLX (I assume you meant TLX as the TL is discontinued and did not have jewel lights) but will agree the quality is a little lacking in these.

I had the Vipmotoz before and their quality was maybe a tad better than these but mine leaked so I don't give much points to Vipmotoz and the lights in the Vipmotoz were not great. Even with the Morimoto HID upgrade/mod I did to them, the stock HID was much better and the high beam/drl light sucked on the Vipmotoz and could not be swapped with LED hi beams like the stocks. The LED swoosh on them were not bright enough and looked a little cheap. Kinda like the slew of Altima lights that came out in the late 90's early 2000's.

These look better in my opinion but wish they had better quality on the lens. Maybe it's just the packing that caused the cracks. My lenses are fine but the packing and the sealing looked like it was done by retarded monkeys.

For me, I'm not putting too much on these. I got em for 469 and if they crap out it will be a retro project.
The following users liked this post:
ISupraF (02-14-19)

Quick Reply: New headlight option is coming soon