IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Advice on Lexus ISF From ISF ownerss!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-18, 10:17 PM
Rxzm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monkey92
I make about the same as you, own my ISF since May and with a mortgage and bills i still have some left for the payments and some to put away for savings. Maintenance wise so far Ive done OEM plugs and oil changes and that ran me about $200. The biggest expense I would say are gonna be the brakes and tires, fortunately previous owner took care of that. Otherwise I would say it would run me about $1500-$1800 depending on what i go with. Another expense at least for me is insurance, paying about $100 a month full coverage. If you arent considerably in debt and not a huge spender I think you should go for it. But of course, you should jump in one with some money put away in case something does happen, goodluck!
that’s all I read on this cars in the forum. Cheap to maintain besides the tires and breaks. And the valley plate!
Old 11-27-18, 11:35 AM
Lammyyy
Pole Position

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

I have clients all the time who spend too much money on things they want rather than need - nothing wrong with it. From my professional standpoint as an FA, it's not the best decision but I would need more info. You set yourself back financially for a solid while because you're throwing money at a depreciating asset and you may be stretching yourself too thin if anything unexpected were to happen. However, from my personal standpoint as an avid car enthusiast, I support it LOL.

It really depends on your expenses. If your expenses/obligations are low, you can easily afford it. As long as you're planning well enough for your day to day expenses while planning/saving for your future (wife, home, investments, retirement, children and all that good stuff), then by all means pick up the car!

Seems to me you've already made up your mind and just want us to reassure you

Last edited by Lammyyy; 11-28-18 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-27-18, 08:58 PM
Rxzm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lammyyy
I have clients all the time who spend too much money on things they want rather than need - nothing wrong with it. From my professional standpoint as an FA, it's not the best decision but I would need more info. You set yourself back financially for a solid while because you're throwing money at a depreciating asset and you may be stretching yourself too thin if anything unexpected happen. However, from my personal standpoint as an avid car enthusiast, I support it LOL.

It really depends on your expenses. If your expenses/obligations are low, you can easily afford it. As long as you're planning well enough for your day to day expenses while planning/saving for your future (wife, home, investments, retirement, children and all that good stuff), then by all means pick up the car!

Seems to me you've already made up your mind and just want us to reassure you
I’ve made a bad car choice for my first loan, something I’d never repeat. I’m doing so much research on this car bc I want to be able to save up for a house after purchasing without worries of a big failure like it’s competitors. M3, c63, rs4, and hell, even the mustang from all the tick noises and failing MT82 trannys. I have been very good with my money in terms of saving and have my priorities straight, that’s why I want to gift myself this beauty. I started the thread to read information on the car in present day and costs of maintenance. And for replies like yours that gives me reassurance that I’m not way in over my head.
Thank you Boss man!
Old 11-27-18, 09:33 PM
Shermm
Driver School Candidate

I just purchased the 2012 IS250 F Sport. Now trying to figure out how to utilize my iphone Xs while driving the car. Any suggestions on how i can do this would be greatly appreceiated .
Old 11-28-18, 11:28 AM
Rxzm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Shermm
I just purchased the 2012 IS250 F Sport. Now trying to figure out how to utilize my iphone Xs while driving the car. Any suggestions on how i can do this would be greatly appreceiated .
Another thread buddy. Media-Bluetooth.
Old 11-28-18, 12:30 PM
Scott610
Advanced

Received 84 Likes on 46 Posts

I’m on my 2nd isf and only thing I really spent my money on was mods 1st one got total not by me long story lol but you won’t regret it just gotta keep up with maintenance like service intervals and fluid changes and you’ll b good and also wear and tear things like motor mounts and brakes and rotors and if you ask people on the isf section I believe a lot of people that owns isf like myself can chime in and help you
Old 12-19-18, 01:54 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 317 Likes on 275 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/articles/c...mpaign=content