IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Coolant problem, Lexus is250, AWD. Help me!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-18, 12:53 PM
NNSilviu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant problem, Lexus is250, AWD. Help me!!

Hello. I'm a new owner of Lexus is250, AWD, 208Hp. Recently I replaced the water pump. Now when i remove de radiator cap I don't see water (like in video). I'm still filled with coolant but it is consumed. I think that if I complete it, the water would have to go up like in the video. But no 🤔🙁. It is possible that the installation is not well ventilated? Someone told me it's normal to be like in video. I have heat in the car. So i have water on installation. Can you help me? What do you say?
Can it be from the gasket?

https://youtu.be/A3K1aJ6WFKQ
Old 11-13-18, 01:02 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Turn the car car off, and let it cool down. Add coolant to the filler neck. Massage the upper, and lower radiator hoses to push out trapped air. See if it fills up the 2IS is about a 3 gallon system. Check for leaks anywhere under the car. Did you remove the drain from the radiator? Check the hose clamps too. Something is obviously is leaking don't risk your car to over heat.
Old 11-13-18, 01:35 PM
NNSilviu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Turn the car car off, and let it cool down. Add coolant to the filler neck. Massage the upper, and lower radiator hoses to push out trapped air. See if it fills up the 2IS is about a 3 gallon system. Check for leaks anywhere under the car. Did you remove the drain from the radiator? Check the hose clamps too. Something is obviously is leaking don't risk your car to over heat.
hi. Thanks for reply. Before I replaced water pump once was the temperature near red, but I stopped the car. The water pump was changed into service. The hose clamps it's ok. Now the temp. of water is normal. Is possible I have some air in installation? But why when i complete with coolant does not fill up. Thanks.
Old 11-13-18, 01:40 PM
NNSilviu
Driver School Candidate

Is possible to have a crack on the block? But if i had a crack I should see the water under the car no?
Old 11-13-18, 01:54 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by NNSilviu
Is possible to have a crack on the block? But if i had a crack I should see the water under the car no?

Possiblity is a blown head gasket. For one check your oil dipstick see what color is the oil. Chocolate milk style coolant could be mixing. If it's normal then it should be ok.

Is there coolant in the overflow tank? Or is it empty too?

White smoke in the exhaust probably smells like a sweet smell. Again just something to check. If you have no leaks, or pink crust build up anywhere. The coolant will leave a pink crust where it's leaking. If you're using OEM SLLC.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 11-13-18 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-13-18, 02:22 PM
NNSilviu
Driver School Candidate

Possiblity is a blown head gasket. For one check your oil dipstick see what color is the oil. Chocolate milk style coolant could be mixing. If it's normal then it should be ok.

White smoke in the exhaust probably smells like a sweet smell. Again just something to check. If you have no leaks, or pink crust build up anywhere. The coolant will leave a pink crust where it's leaking. If you're using OEM SLLC.
I check the oil and I come back with reply. I have some white smoke when i turn on the car to cold start. And a little after. Please tell me that she is excluded the block crack?!
The overflow tank is empty. sometimes he drips on that little hose
Old 11-13-18, 02:31 PM
NNSilviu
Driver School Candidate

I think to crack the block needs overheating. That is, to go very much with water to red.