IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Please Help! ABS, Brake Light, VSC, P/S lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-19, 03:50 PM
Maca1281
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help! ABS, Brake Light, VSC, P/S lights on.

Hello everyone,

I have a 2008 Lexus IS250 with RWD, recently, I replaced the wheel bearings on my car after they went bad. While replacing the Rear Left wheel bearing I noticed I broke the wheel speed sensor, I purchased a new one and installed it and still had no luck getting the sensor to read the wheel speed, I figured maybe I got a bad sensor so I ordered a new one and replaced it again. After that didn’t work I tried replacing the Wheel Speed Sensor connection that goes from behind the rear seat to the wheel well, And I still had no luck getting the Sensor to read the wheel speed. I have been resetting the light with a computer that has ABS capability and the light usually comes on after driving it for about 2 minutes. With that same computer I can see live data for the ABS system and every sensor is reading the wheel’s velocity except for that Rear Left one. The code coming up for the ABS system is: C0215 Rear Speed Sensor LH Circuit
If anyone has had this problem or has any ideas on what it could be, please let me know I don’t know what else to do.

Thank you you for your time!

Last edited by Maca1281; 01-06-19 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-07-19, 05:57 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,524 Likes on 1,268 Posts

@Maca1281

Sounds like the sensor is no longer centered over the tone ring it is supposed to be sensing.

To confirm this, remove the sensor and physical look in the hole while rotating the axle (block vehicle and place in neutral with the brake off).
It is possible that while removing the bearing you dislodged the ring on the axle. However there may be a chance the axle is not fully seated to depth.

Compare from side to side if need be. This may apply to tone ring inspection too. With both rear sensors out, compare the position of the rings left to right.

Let us know what you find.
Old 01-31-19, 09:35 AM
esai18
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Maca1281
Hello everyone,

I have a 2008 Lexus IS250 with RWD, recently, I replaced the wheel bearings on my car after they went bad. While replacing the Rear Left wheel bearing I noticed I broke the wheel speed sensor, I purchased a new one and installed it and still had no luck getting the sensor to read the wheel speed, I figured maybe I got a bad sensor so I ordered a new one and replaced it again. After that didn’t work I tried replacing the Wheel Speed Sensor connection that goes from behind the rear seat to the wheel well, And I still had no luck getting the Sensor to read the wheel speed. I have been resetting the light with a computer that has ABS capability and the light usually comes on after driving it for about 2 minutes. With that same computer I can see live data for the ABS system and every sensor is reading the wheel’s velocity except for that Rear Left one. The code coming up for the ABS system is: C0215 Rear Speed Sensor LH Circuit
If anyone has had this problem or has any ideas on what it could be, please let me know I don’t know what else to do.

Thank you you for your time!

I am having the same problem. Did you figure it out? I’ve had my car pared for two months with the same issue. Please inform me if you figured it out. Thank you.
Old 01-31-19, 12:48 PM
Maca1281
Driver School Candidate

Default Solved

Originally Posted by esai18

I am having the same problem. Did you figure it out? I’ve had my car pared for two months with the same issue. Please inform me if you figured it out. Thank you.
Yes, my problem was that the dust cover the ABS wheel speed sensor fits into wasn’t sitting correctly. As a result it was throwing the ABS sensor off just enough to where the sensor wasn’t reading anything. What I did to fix this issue was I removed the the dust cover from both side and my issue was fixed. I have also read that you can drill a larger opening into the dust cover so the sensor sits correctly. I did not attempt this because I was scared to drill too far and damage the bearing. Hope this helps. I know how much of a pain it can be.
Old 06-28-23, 08:35 PM
Winslow96
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maca1281

Yes, my problem was that the dust cover the ABS wheel speed sensor fits into wasn’t sitting correctly. As a result it was throwing the ABS sensor off just enough to where the sensor wasn’t reading anything. What I did to fix this issue was I removed the the dust cover from both side and my issue was fixed. I have also read that you can drill a larger opening into the dust cover so the sensor sits correctly. I did not attempt this because I was scared to drill too far and damage the bearing. Hope this helps. I know how much of a pain it can be.
Glad to hear about the good outcome! I actually had every single one of these lights pop up after just changing my rear left wheel bearing.

Did doing this clear all 4 lights (ABS, Brake Light, VSC, P/S lights), or left some of them?
Old 04-22-24, 01:54 PM
Emcee
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Winslow96
Glad to hear about the good outcome! I actually had every single one of these lights pop up after just changing my rear left wheel bearing.

Did doing this clear all 4 lights (ABS, Brake Light, VSC, P/S lights), or left some of them?
Hello, did you fix your issue? I am experiencing same on my is250 awd