IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Questions on upgrading premium stereo audio on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-19 | 07:07 AM
Splu
Driver School Candidate

Default Questions on upgrading premium stereo audio on a budget

Hey guys, I'm a big noob at this trying to work with a budget. I need to upgrade the factory speakers because they're not cutting it for me. I asked reddit what they thought of my desired upgrade and they said it wouldn't work out for me with our cars. The best advice I got was to look up some systems that were already done and try to copy them and I think that's the best bet for me. I tried looking around on youtube, google, and on here and I can't find much at all, and what I did find was easily out of my budget. I'm trying to keep this to a $700 USD or less including professional installation. I already have the subwoofers and amp and four 6.5" speakers. I just need 1" speakers and 2.5" speakers.

This was my reddit thread asking for help. It goes into more detail on what I currently have.

Can anyone link me a build that was done that won't break the bank? I don't need much, just better sounding audio.

Thank you everyone for reading.
Old 01-25-19 | 11:32 AM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Splu
Hey guys, I'm a big noob at this trying to work with a budget. I need to upgrade the factory speakers because they're not cutting it for me. I asked reddit what they thought of my desired upgrade and they said it wouldn't work out for me with our cars. The best advice I got was to look up some systems that were already done and try to copy them and I think that's the best bet for me. I tried looking around on youtube, google, and on here and I can't find much at all, and what I did find was easily out of my budget. I'm trying to keep this to a $700 USD or less including professional installation. I already have the subwoofers and amp and four 6.5" speakers. I just need 1" speakers and 2.5" speakers.

This was my reddit thread asking for help. It goes into more detail on what I currently have.

Can anyone link me a build that was done that won't break the bank? I don't need much, just better sounding audio.

Im not understanding why you want "2.5 speakers and "1 speakers. The stocks speakers should be just fine upgrade the big speakers and your good. And that's a monoblock amp would only power your subwoofers not any aftermarket speaker. At $700 your trying to build a very cheap system. You have to consider wiring. A good line out put converter Just my wiring in my setup cost me $250 and my HiLow $70. To keep costs down I would recommend a 4 channel amp. And just 2 good front speakers and your subs LC2i for a HiLow . Good 4 awg wiring. (I always go with 0 awg because when you want to upgrade you don't have to pay for wiring and all that labor again you can get decent NVX 0awg for $100.) And personally I would recommend 2 seprsepate amps. It's just a OCD that I have. I like my subwoofers and my highs/mids ok different amps.
Old 01-25-19 | 11:59 AM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Splu

I honestly recommend you just going to a good shop. An authorized dealer for good brands(idk why dude was talking down on alpine on Reddit there some of the best) and have them price match everything (any good shop will) they know exactly the best setup. But for under $700 with speakers and subs I would recommend doing 2 front 6.5" speakers and the subwoofers. And even then you probably won't stay under $700. Audio is expensive if you want it done right. My setup pushing 1500watts Rms on only subwoofers is $2k-2.5k