Speedometer not working & brake + P/S Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-19, 10:13 AM
IS2Fuego
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Speedometer not working & brake + P/S Light

07 Lexus IS250 RWD - 155K Mi
Hey all, So I did not drive at all yesterday until later that night and upon starting the car I found that my brake & P/S have came in & once I started driving I realized the speedometer was not working either. The RPM’s still worked and brakes did fine but steering was a bit harder than usual, especially at slower speeds. The ABS, TRAC Control, Check Engine light & AFS off light have been on for maybe 5 months now. Because of prior issues. ( they won’t go off after I did my spark plugs & ABS + AFS comes and goes)

I pulled the codes just now and still same codes from after spark plugs P0010 “camshaft position “A” actuator circuit (bank1)

so so after some research, I read something about it possibly being the result of a speed sensor behind of the wheels & I bent my front right wheel a week ago thanks to the all the pot holes after the blizzard here in CO. So could it possibly be that. Trying to avoid paying a large sum for an inspection. So would appreciate any guidance or tips

also just realized after taking picture below that now the light on the RPM needle is out.(was not last night) Speedometer needle light has been out for sometime but heard those are known to fail prematurely.

Old 03-27-19, 12:15 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,519 Likes on 1,263 Posts

You seem to have your hands full. You need a higher end scanner to get the body codes that triggered the most recent event. Pretty much any shop and most automotive parts places should be able to read that.

I could be mistaken but the rear ABS sensors provide input for vehicle speed. Take a look back there.
As for the needles, there are several DIY repairs on here or you could farm it out to a member who has done/is willing to do it for you.
G/L
The following users liked this post:
IS2Fuego (03-27-19)
Old 03-27-19, 05:14 PM
IS2Fuego
Driver

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
You seem to have your hands full. You need a higher end scanner to get the body codes that triggered the most recent event. Pretty much any shop and most automotive parts places should be able to read that.

I could be mistaken but the rear ABS sensors provide input for vehicle speed. Take a look back there.
As for the needles, there are several DIY repairs on here or you could farm it out to a member who has done/is willing to do it for you.
G/L
Thank you @2013FSport much appreciated.
Old 05-24-20, 04:41 PM
IS2Fuego
Driver

Gotta revive an old thread to ask some questions.

So finally have time to work on my 250 & now I’m dealing with the speedometer problem..

So, the ABS Sensor is behind my rear wheel hub on driver side? And am I able to replace the sensor itself or do I need to replace the sensor and the other cable with it?
(Most videos I saw were for front and they took another cable out along with sensor)

When the instrument cluster stopped working awhile ago, the mileage stopped counting.. so.. once I fix ABS problem, should the odometer update to the correct mileage or how will I be able to fix odometer?

once ABS is fixed, ABS & TRAC light are supposed to turn off I believe but will the P/S turn off or what does that stand for?

Thank you in advance, will do my best to respond ASAP
Old 06-02-24, 05:31 PM
kylew
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Issue

Originally Posted by IS2Fuego
Gotta revive an old thread to ask some questions.

So finally have time to work on my 250 & now I’m dealing with the speedometer problem..

So, the ABS Sensor is behind my rear wheel hub on driver side? And am I able to replace the sensor itself or do I need to replace the sensor and the other cable with it?
(Most videos I saw were for front and they took another cable out along with sensor)

When the instrument cluster stopped working awhile ago, the mileage stopped counting.. so.. once I fix ABS problem, should the odometer update to the correct mileage or how will I be able to fix odometer?

once ABS is fixed, ABS & TRAC light are supposed to turn off I believe but will the P/S turn off or what does that stand for?

Thank you in advance, will do my best to respond ASAP
Not sure if you see this but I just got the same issue today. Did you ever get it fixed? And what did you do to get it fixed.