IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-sport quick shifter, Finally got my hands on one. RAREST PART?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-19, 01:27 AM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
Default F-sport quick shifter, Finally got my hands on one. RAREST PART?

As the title states. I finally got myself a F-SPORT quick/short shifter for my manual IS250. Ive been looking for this part ever since I purchased my IS250 more than a year ago. After reading about this shifter everyone said that installing the part gives a better feel, which is a day and night difference pretty much.

This part was discontinued and sold out about 2-3 years ago, I couldnt find one anywhere in the world. Even used ones are hard to come by as no one wants to part with it, and when they sell the vehicle they usually leave it on...

I was able to pick up a brand new, boxed quick shifter, and paid more than I would of liked, but I search so long for this so when I finally saw one available, I paid!

I have yet to install it yet but wanted to share with everyone... How many quick shifters were actually produced? From how hard it is to obtain I'm guessing they only made about 500 pcs????

Is anyone else still looking for a quick shifter as well? I know others mentioned this in previous threads, but Im serious when I say that I may be interested in using my new part as a sample, to reproduce these. Only worth it if I get enough interest, so If your interested feel free to PM me.

Last edited by soulific; 05-17-19 at 01:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NinjaSocks (05-17-19)
Old 05-17-19, 04:50 AM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That's great you picked one up especially since they have been d/c for a few years now. I would like one for my manual is250 as well one day. I've had 2 manual IS250s over the years and neither one had the quick shifter. If and when you install it be sure to give us your impression.
Old 05-17-19, 01:53 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 536 Likes on 318 Posts

Nice find. Those are certain rare but if you want the rarest F-Sport part, you'll have to obtain this.

Old 05-17-19, 04:03 PM
soulific
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by redspencer
Nice find. Those are certain rare but if you want the rarest F-Sport part, you'll have to obtain this.

That BBK looks crazy. Didnt even know this existed till now. Only seen the Blue calipers, and drilled rotors version. But Don't think Id ever obtain that, my car isn't even fast enough to need it\ lol. I still have is350 calipers sitting that i need to install.
Old 05-17-19, 07:26 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

when I bought mine I only knew of 2 left, one was in NYC...the other was in Florida
Both were $450+, I got mine for 325

Definitely worth it in the end
Old 05-21-19, 05:42 AM
cocamp
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would be interested in getting one of these, ive been searching for a while as well.
The following users liked this post:
soulific (05-21-19)
Old 05-21-19, 11:44 PM
RickyRoss
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don’t think I’ll ever go back to the stock feel of the shifter after putting on the quick shift adapter (unless someone out there wants to pay me a good amount of money)
Throws are so much shorter and more satisfying
Old 05-29-19, 06:42 AM
NinjaSocks
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This part is now on my wanted list. If anyone has any leads to one, please PM me.
Old 06-03-19, 12:39 PM
Ultra4
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

About 4 years ago, I found out that pretty much any FR-S short shifter kit will work for the IS250 6MT, if you're willing to either re-shape the FR-S reverse lockout collar (made of plastic) to mimic the IS250's (metal) AY6/RA62 dimensions, or de-pin both shifters to swap lockout collars. Ended up shelving the project mid-dremeling when the wife needed her car back.

I was originally doing it to make the cupholder useful, since the FR-S short shift kits like the one I got have the shift **** pointed outboard and at the driver, thus keeping you from either fingertip-shifting or breaking your Tropical Smoothie straw. I'm in the process of epoxying my garage floor, but if I come across that aborted project, I'll dive back into it.
Old 07-15-19, 10:15 AM
lilasiian8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra4
About 4 years ago, I found out that pretty much any FR-S short shifter kit will work for the IS250 6MT, if you're willing to either re-shape the FR-S reverse lockout collar (made of plastic) to mimic the IS250's (metal) AY6/RA62 dimensions, or de-pin both shifters to swap lockout collars. Ended up shelving the project mid-dremeling when the wife needed her car back.

I was originally doing it to make the cupholder useful, since the FR-S short shift kits like the one I got have the shift **** pointed outboard and at the driver, thus keeping you from either fingertip-shifting or breaking your Tropical Smoothie straw. I'm in the process of epoxying my garage floor, but if I come across that aborted project, I'll dive back into it.
Do you have any pictures of your work? I was just looking online to see if this could be done! I've done my fair share of searching for this f-sport "quick shifter". i would be interested in a reproduction.

OP Are you will to reveal where you found the item?!
Old 11-06-20, 09:46 AM
chortan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please sent me link

Please sent me link
Originally Posted by soulific
As the title states. I finally got myself a F-SPORT quick/short shifter for my manual IS250. Ive been looking for this part ever since I purchased my IS250 more than a year ago. After reading about this shifter everyone said that installing the part gives a better feel, which is a day and night difference pretty much.

This part was discontinued and sold out about 2-3 years ago, I couldnt find one anywhere in the world. Even used ones are hard to come by as no one wants to part with it, and when they sell the vehicle they usually leave it on...

I was able to pick up a brand new, boxed quick shifter, and paid more than I would of liked, but I search so long for this so when I finally saw one available, I paid!

I have yet to install it yet but wanted to share with everyone... How many quick shifters were actually produced? From how hard it is to obtain I'm guessing they only made about 500 pcs????

Is anyone else still looking for a quick shifter as well? I know others mentioned this in previous threads, but Im serious when I say that I may be interested in using my new part as a sample, to reproduce these. Only worth it if I get enough interest, so If your interested feel free to PM me.