IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My IS250 AWD Story (keep updated)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-19, 12:38 AM
wuyanze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My IS250 AWD Story (keep updated)

===>>> April, 16, 2019 (First look)

First time saw it on the FB marketplace, I realized that I cannot miss it. Before this Lexus, I was driving a 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback, which is uncomfortable and noisy. Dreaming of having the first luxury in my life, I pm the owner, and made an appointment right at that night. It was around 8:30pm while my friend and I arrived at the place. The determination of buying it just went to my mind at the moment when this breakwater blue metallic baby was showing right in front of me. I must admit that it has some dent and scratches, however, it is still rarely seen for a 234,000-mile car with such an excellent exterior and interior. I was told that it is a 2007 IS250 AWD clean tilte. An appointment of the next day inspection was made before we left with satisfaction.

Figure.1 FB marketplace info I saw in the evening.

Figure.2 First time I saw this car.

Figure.3 First time I saw this car.

Figure.4 First time I saw this car.

===>>> April, 17, 2019 (Officially bought it)

This morning, we had an appointment in an auto service store to have an inspection, after which those guys also gave me an estimate of the cost to fix everything of this car. As expected, this car needs a lot of work, including many bushings and ball joints of the control arm, the front diff. seal, the drive belt, four tires, four struts, while the engine and transmission are maintained well, which seems not a bad inspection result. Among these problems were the four struts the worst one, which need replacing ASAP, because I can hear the sound of "human's bones fracture" when driving over a bump... The final deal was made afterward, and I paid 3200 bulks, with the mileage being counted from 234411 of my ownership. Ironnically, the estimated fixing cost is over 5000, much higher than the price to buy it! Still, I decided to get started with learning to replace some parts DIY and I am confident that I can take care of it at a lower price. Officially, the story began!

Figure.5 Taken outside of the auto service store.

Figure.6 Taken outside of the auto service store.

Figure.7 The start point of my ownership.

Figure.8 Interior.

Figure.9 Interior.

Figure.10 Interior.

Figure.11 Interior.

Figure.12 Interior.

Figure.13 Finally drove it to my house.

Figure.14 The problem of the diff. seal leakage.

===>>> May, 25, 2019 (Replaced the struts)

To be continued...

Last edited by wuyanze; 06-13-19 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-09-19, 07:04 PM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

surprised there isn't any paint bubbling on those OEM wheels, did you already buy it? Any carbon buildup symptoms?
Old 06-09-19, 08:32 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

At that milage engine was most likely rebuilt already. Which isn't a bad thing
Originally Posted by Aspect
surprised there isn't any paint bubbling on those OEM wheels, did you already buy it? Any carbon buildup symptoms?
Old 06-09-19, 09:15 PM
wuyanze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aspect
I bought it on the next day! There are no bubbles on the wheels, but there are many severe scratches on the wheels' outer sides!

As for the carbon buildup symptoms, how could I verify it? Is it seen inside the engine, or could I feel it when driving?
Old 06-12-19, 07:22 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wuyanze
I bought it on the next day! There are no bubbles on the wheels, but there are many severe scratches on the wheels' outer sides!

As for the carbon buildup symptoms, how could I verify it? Is it seen inside the engine, or could I feel it when driving?
Put the VIN # on my Lexus . You can see every service done at the dealership. With that milage I'm pretty sure it's rebuilt already.
Old 06-12-19, 11:43 PM
wuyanze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xxmariolxx
Put the VIN # on my Lexus . You can see every service done at the dealership. With that milage I'm pretty sure it's rebuilt already.
Here is the record, I am not sure if it has been rebuilt. Is it a good thing if it's been rebuilt (since I dont need to pay more money to rebuild)?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LEXUS DRIVERS.pdf (172.1 KB, 54 views)