IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250 Aftermarket Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-19, 12:16 AM
GusIS250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS250 Aftermarket Stereo

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I had an IS300 and it went up in flames, so I got an IS250.

My screen went out literally the next day after I bought the car from a private party, I thought I was getting a hell of a deal because the car only had 66k miles on it. Anyways...I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to find and aftermarket stereo for this car because all the HVAC controls are integrated into the stupid touch screen, I've seen a few "Tesla Screens" and one other after market deck on ebay and amazon but I haven't found much information on them.

Some say they won't work if your car has Navigation others ask some questions in regards to the connectors in the back and whether or not they have an optical connection or not and I'm just wondering if anyone on here has every install one or know of a good recommendation other then the cheap "install kit" that looks like trash.

My car is a 2007 IS250 with Navi and reverse camera. Any information would be super helpful, thank you everyone.
Old 08-09-19, 09:20 AM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GusIS250
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I had an IS300 and it went up in flames, so I got an IS250.

My screen went out literally the next day after I bought the car from a private party, I thought I was getting a hell of a deal because the car only had 66k miles on it. Anyways...I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to find and aftermarket stereo for this car because all the HVAC controls are integrated into the stupid touch screen, I've seen a few "Tesla Screens" and one other after market deck on ebay and amazon but I haven't found much information on them.

Some say they won't work if your car has Navigation others ask some questions in regards to the connectors in the back and whether or not they have an optical connection or not and I'm just wondering if anyone on here has every install one or know of a good recommendation other then the cheap "install kit" that looks like trash.

My car is a 2007 IS250 with Navi and reverse camera. Any information would be super helpful, thank you everyone.
What's wrong with it. The touch screen stopped working or the actual screen went black and doesn't turn on. If it's the rich it's a pretty easy fix. Fixed mine for $6 a few months ago
Old 08-09-19, 02:12 PM
GusIS250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by xxmariolxx
What's wrong with it. The touch screen stopped working or the actual screen went black and doesn't turn on. If it's the rich it's a pretty easy fix. Fixed mine for $6 a few months ago
Basically the screen decides to work correctly some days and other days it goes blank and it starts to turn on and off, basically keeps rebooting until it just stays blank. And I'm unable to turn the AC on or off even with the buttons on the lower part of the screen. Not sure what's going on.
Old 08-09-19, 07:59 PM
xxmariolxx
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Basically the screen decides to work correctly some days and other days it goes blank and it starts to turn on and off, basically keeps rebooting until it just stays blank. And I'm unable to turn the AC on or off even with the buttons on the lower part of the screen. Not sure what's going on.
That sucks. People charge to much for a used stock navigation. I would say your best bet is the Tesla style screen
Old 08-09-19, 08:18 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Can you set your AC to Auto? You could at least have AC lol
Old 08-10-19, 03:45 AM
GusIS250
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all your help guys, after doing some research I believe the Tesla screen is probably my best bet. I left the car off for a full day in the shade and the screen so far has been working ever since. Apparently if you live in a area where is extremely hot the screen tends to take a crap...so it's recommended to have a windshield shade at the very least if you don't have an over hang or a garage and so far so good. It's probably going to eventually take a dump but it buys me some time to get my other screen.

Because I do agree with you, it cost way to damn much to get it repaired by someone and it's hard to tell if it's the digitizer or not, so the fix can be anywhere from $6-$49 or $799+ for a dealer or private repair shop.
Old 08-12-19, 11:13 AM
AllanIS350
Driver School Candidate

Please let us know if or when you get the Tesla style screen! I'd be real interested in knowing how that would look and function.
Old 08-04-20, 03:16 PM
john1071jo
Driver School Candidate

I have a same problem. because of hot day screen went off a/c not working. Security signal is on.Radio and clock are working.
so what did you do??