IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

08 is350 all passenger door lock issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-19, 10:59 AM
Coleslaw08
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 08 is350 all passenger door lock issues

All my passenger doors ( passenger and both rears) have no response to unlocking/locking on my key fob and on both interior lock/unlock doors. Only the driver door will lock/unlock to my fob and the interior switches.
I've tried changing the batteries in the fob, pressing lock/unlock twice on the fob and on the interior switches. I can hear a click inside the passenger side of the dash which I assume are a cluster of modules.
I'm not certain this is as actuator issue as 3 doors are failing to lock/unlock. The door did unlock/lock for me a couple times yesterday using the fob and interior switches but as for today, no dice as usual.
I'm at a stand still of what this could be.
Old 08-21-19, 12:15 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Coleslaw08
All my passenger doors ( passenger and both rears) have no response to unlocking/locking on my key fob and on both interior lock/unlock doors. Only the driver door will lock/unlock to my fob and the interior switches.
I've tried changing the batteries in the fob, pressing lock/unlock twice on the fob and on the interior switches. I can hear a click inside the passenger side of the dash which I assume are a cluster of modules.
I'm not certain this is as actuator issue as 3 doors are failing to lock/unlock. The door did unlock/lock for me a couple times yesterday using the fob and interior switches but as for today, no dice as usual.
I'm at a stand still of what this could be.

I don't think this will solve your issue as the door mounted switch should still work but.....

It's either LOCK AND UNLOCK or those AND TRUNK button.
In range of the car Push and lock/unlock and hold them until car beeps repeatedly. Now lock doors using handle touch button on the outside.
Try the remote again.

If car did not beep 4 times or more, try pushing and holding all 3 buttons. Repeat above.

To toggle back to single push drivers door only, repeat button hold procedure.
Old 08-21-19, 01:27 PM
Coleslaw08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
I don't think this will solve your issue as the door mounted switch should still work but.....

It's either LOCK AND UNLOCK or those AND TRUNK button.
In range of the car Push and lock/unlock and hold them until car beeps repeatedly. Now lock doors using handle touch button on the outside.
Try the remote again.

If car did not beep 4 times or more, try pushing and holding all 3 buttons. Repeat above.

To toggle back to single push drivers door only, repeat button hold procedure.
Tried your suggest method and still nothing. It seems like it's not getting a signal to unlock the 3 passenger doors. I tried unlocking the passenger while in range with the outside door handle but it just beeped 4 or 5 times.
Old 08-21-19, 02:04 PM
Coleslaw08
Driver School Candidate

Update: after pressing the lock and unlock switch inside on the driver door 20 or so times, all the doors now lock and unlock with the interior door switch on the driver and passenger doors and also the key fob.
It did stop working again but after I played with the door switch it started working again.
Any clue what this intermitting problem is?
Old 08-21-19, 05:48 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

you may need to check the connector on the main door switch panel.
Old 08-22-19, 05:02 AM
Coleslaw08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by whitebeast
you may need to check the connector on the main door switch panel.
If the driver door switch panel is bad, could this cause the passenger door switch to not work as well? I would think with if the driver door switch was bad, it would only affect the operations of that switch and not affect the locking and unlocking of the passenger door switch.
Old 08-22-19, 06:47 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,272 Posts

You might to subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com or techinfo.toyota.com and pull up the schematic and troubleshooting sections for more input. Alldatadiy comes Toyota but isn't quite as detailed.

Because futzing with the switch changed it, it seems like you're in the right area. Something else to consider is if this is a high mileage vehicle and the door has been opened / closed a million times are the wires to the door damaged causing intermittent operations?
Old 08-22-19, 06:55 AM
Coleslaw08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
You might to subscribe to www.alldatadiy.com or techinfo.toyota.com and pull up the schematic and troubleshooting sections for more input. Alldatadiy comes Toyota but isn't quite as detailed.

Because futzing with the switch changed it, it seems like you're in the right area. Something else to consider is if this is a high mileage vehicle and the door has been opened / closed a million times are the wires to the door damaged causing intermittent operations?
Car has 113000. I'll dig around the door wiring and see what I can find. Thanks for the input.
Old 08-26-19, 03:17 PM
Coleslaw08
Driver School Candidate

I've had time to mess around with the car today. I can't see any noticeable tears in the wiring on all door jams. I've shook the wires in the jams while playing with the driver and passenger door lock/unlock switch and nothing new has changed. It's still intermitting on locking and unlocking all doors. The driver door works 100% of the time while the others do not. Key fob is still intermitting the same as the interior switches. Basically have to keep playing with the interior switch hoping it will unlock and lock the doors.
I do still hear a tic everytime the door switch is pressed on the passenger side of the dash which I assume is the interior fuse box. Do these go bad often? If so, are they interchangeable with all 2is 350?