IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dasaita 10.2" Android Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-19, 02:23 PM
IamADan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dasaita 10.2" Android Head Unit

Hey guys, I just bought a 2007 IS350 and have spent the last 2 weeks digging through the wealth of information here. My biggest issue at the moment is the stereo in this car, I can't stand not having a USB input for music and have been trying to find a solution that works well and looks good. I don't have factory navigation or ML, and ideally I'd like to keep the factory climate controls (I just don't like the idea of using a touchscreen for climate controls) so I've sort of settled on using the Beat Sonic double din dash kit and just came across this Android head unit that looks promising. Initially I had been searching high and low for a setup that would allow me to move the climate control, clock, and everything down to where the factory CD changer is and then put the double din at the top of the stack, but from what I've found that doesn't appear to be an option which is a bummer. Anyway, I found this Dasaita head unit which has a pivot that allows the screen to face upwards to make it easier to see without taking my eyes off the road as much.

I was going to contact them to make sure they have all the connections I need, but I don't even fully know what connections what I need to make something like this work with my car or if it's even possible to keep my factory climate control system along with this? I guess I'm pretty clueless how the audio system in these cars work, as my experience is pretty much limited to cars from the 90s where everything is just directly wired to whatever it controls. As I understood from reading through numerous other Android head unit threads I'll need some sort of CANBUS adapater or something, or is this only needed if what I'm installing is also replacing my climate control stuff?

I know there are already a ton of android head unit threads and I hate to make another one, but at the same time I don't want to start hijacking another thread either.
Old 08-31-19, 02:49 PM
linkzx
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Its totally doable, however you're going to need a dashkit to keep the climate controls and give a din slot, something like this would work:

https://www.scosche.com/2006-to-2013...stallation-kit
Old 08-31-19, 09:42 PM
IamADan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I was originally thinking of going with the Beat Sonic dashkit, but basically all I'd need from it is the harness. I'm thinking I'm going to try and fabricate something to put the stereo at the top and keep the factory climate control and clock but move them to the bottom instead of having the head unit at the very bottom of the stack. I got a reply back from Dasaita and they basically said that they have nothing for our cars, but that if we had a dash kit that gives either a single or double din slot that it would fit.

I guess my question is would that harness essentially be plug and play with the head unit? I guess I'm sort of assuming the head unit would come with a standard harness like any other aftermarket head unit, would that harness essentially just plug directly into the Beat Sonic harness that comes with the dash kit and I'd be all set?
Old 09-03-19, 12:21 AM
linkzx
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My guess is that the interface box that comes with the Beat Sonic will have the leads, and you'll have to make the connections to the head unit yourself.

Have you seen one of these style units? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3288...chweb201603_52
It's detachable with what looks like a decent sized cable, might be more appropriate for what you want to do