IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth AVRCP version

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-19, 06:40 AM
mthornto88
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bluetooth AVRCP version

My 2012 Lexus is250 stopped displaying phone and song information a few months ago after an update to my phone. I have a Google Pixel 2 XL. I read some posts in other forums that we need to change the AVRCP version. Has anyone got this working to restore the data? The default was AVRCP 1.4. I changed it to 1.3 as suggested but I still don't get any data for songs or phone calls.
Old 09-05-19, 08:52 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 774 Likes on 676 Posts

Have you tried to reinitialize the bluetooth settings on the radio? If you have the NON NAV you do it through the radio settings, and follow the prompts. If you have Navi I think you set it up via the settings menu.

Reinitialize the settings, and pair again. Maybe it will work.
Old 09-05-19, 10:50 AM
mthornto88
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Have you tried to reinitialize the bluetooth settings on the radio? If you have the NON NAV you do it through the radio settings, and follow the prompts. If you have Navi I think you set it up via the settings menu.

Reinitialize the settings, and pair again. Maybe it will work.
Not sure what you mean by reinitialize?? I have the Nav setup and I have removed the phone and music player profiles from the radio after making the change and I still get the same thing. I have even deleted my Bluetooth data on my phone and re-paired the phone back to the radio and no dice.
Old 09-05-19, 11:19 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mthornto88
Not sure what you mean by reinitialize?? I have the Nav setup and I have removed the phone and music player profiles from the radio after making the change and I still get the same thing. I have even deleted my Bluetooth data on my phone and re-paired the phone back to the radio and no dice.
Basically just means wipe the paired device profile from the stored memory.

Shouldn't the radio AVRCP be the same match for bluetooth as the phone version? Whats the stock nav AVRCP. Then I would assume it could be able to read the metadata.

Last edited by MikeFig82; 09-05-19 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-05-19, 12:20 PM
mthornto88
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Basically just means wipe the paired device profile from the stored memory.

Shouldn't the radio AVRCP be the same match for bluetooth as the phone version? Whats the stock nav AVRCP. Then I would assume it could be able to read the metadata.
Yes I did that. I wiped both the car and the phone after recertification back to AVRCP 1.3. I searched everywhere trying to find our stock nav AVRCP version. If someone knows that would be great. I have options for 1.3 all the way 1.6. 1.4 is the default now. Hopefully it isn't 1.2
Old 09-05-19, 12:27 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mthornto88
Yes I did that. I wiped both the car and the phone after recertification back to AVRCP 1.3. I searched everywhere trying to find our stock nav AVRCP version. If someone knows that would be great. I have options for 1.3 all the way 1.6. 1.4 is the default now. Hopefully it isn't 1.2
Yeah I searched too. I would assume maybe it's in the profiles of the bluetooth. The stock radios are limited to software updates unlike phone manufacturers have.
Old 09-05-19, 12:34 PM
nvsaccord
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i have an ISF and have the same issue, when i was on 1.4 the metadata would be a hit or miss. I tried all the other options and made no diff with the info showing up
Old 09-05-19, 06:26 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

For me to literally see the text on my non nave unit. Is I have to manually push the text button, and which text to display. Example keep pushing until I find the desired function. Track, album, ect...

Once the car is shut down I have to push manually again. This all while using pandora via bluetooth. My samsung is on 1.4 default.
Old 09-05-19, 07:17 PM
nvsaccord
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ya i stopped worrying about it, as long as bluetooth works for music and calls im good.
Old 09-06-19, 04:37 AM
mthornto88
Rookie

On the NAV model, it gives a big screen showing 3 fields artist, song, etc. All say No Data now. I gave up as well but it sucks for incoming calls because it’s not giving me a name or number. Just says incoming call.
Old 09-08-19, 12:05 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Look at this and follow the instructions....
Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Anyone wanting more info about their audio, Nav, Amp, or anything else in the center;

* With engine on, vehicle stopped, turn the light switch to OFF.
* Press and hold the Info button and turn the light switch on then off 3 times.
The touch screen will go into a new mode offering options for equipment versions, hardware versions and diagnostic features. You will also find settings for mic input and bluetooth volumes. Could be helpful if someone can't hear you.

Here are some crappy pictures. Units with Nav will have more options.
Turn the key off when done.
Old 09-08-19, 04:34 PM
mthornto88
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Look at this and follow the instructions....
Thanks. I followed that and I can only get to the Service Menu. This is all I see.

I can't get to that Diagnostics Menu that shoes you all that information. Any ideas?
Old 09-08-19, 05:22 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Click through all of them. Seemed like it was called Version Information which lead to more menus but that was a while ago.
Old 09-08-19, 05:50 PM
mthornto88
Rookie

Yeah I tried that. I can only run tests and go back to this screen. Nothing that allows me to go that other menu.
Old 09-12-19, 05:27 PM
steeven001
Driver

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the same problem on my 2011 ISF with Mark Levinson NAV and pixel 2 xl. No metadata shown for song info when streaming through Bluetooth. I've tried all the different Bluetooth modes under developer settings.

Also sometimes the Bluetooth will take a long time to connect and makes the system hang until it connects or fails to connect sometimes this can take up to 5minutes so the whole stereo is unresponsive during this time. When it takes a long time I turn my phone's Bluetooth off to speed up the connection failure then it responds.

I believe the problem is with the pixel 2 xl because every other phone I've tried has worked fine. My friend with a brz and pixel 2 xl has all kinds of Bluetooth issues as well but his previous pixel 1 worked fine.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth AVRCP version