IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Rough and low idle and O2 and MAF codes

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-19 | 02:16 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
With no data from the MAF, it's likely an instant error from start up.

OP I'd suggest you get Toyota account or www.alldatadiy.com and access the troubleshooting MAF pages and schematics if a new MAF doesn't fix this.

The alldatadiy is like $30 for year vs $30 for a few days.

To my knowledge neither print out a nice easy to read schemo, you have to follow the wires by color, name, grid.
It was my understanding that maybe the original DTC would be there. As the only way the freeze frame would get over written was by fuel trim issues, missfires, or resetting the ecu itself. It would record a separate freeze frame each time so you can come back and compare side by side. Then again it probably requires a high end scanner to do that.
Old 11-26-19 | 03:45 PM
Hoseee
Driver School Candidate

Okay so I replaced the MAF and nothing it runs like it idles and runs like crap still and still get no reading. I also took a look at the wiring for the O2s and they look fine nothing looks melted or burnt.

Last edited by Hoseee; 11-26-19 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-26-19 | 03:58 PM
Hoseee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
If your scanner has freeze frame what is the DTC causing the fault?
To answer your question the DTC causing the code is P0102
Old 11-26-19 | 04:05 PM
Hoseee
Driver School Candidate

Im not sure if i should take it to a mechanic or attemp to fix it myself I feel like a mechanic will just screw me over and just want to replace all four o2 sensors and maf sensor and my problems would still be there. I can be pretty handy and DIY i have worked on several hondas before but this is a lexus we are talking about its a lot more complex lol. I also failed to mention that when i try to start the car for the first time it just stall until the second try it actually starts.

Last edited by Hoseee; 11-26-19 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-26-19 | 04:41 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Ok some digging around CL I found a Doc on testing the MAF on the IS350. How accurate it is to be decided. This is the first time I've seen this as it states max G/S test over 271. I think that's the range its supposed to be.

Anyhow more stuff I found was similar to these DTC's you are having. Most where blown EFI fuses whether it was EFI 1, No 2 or Main EFI. I would check those out first.

MAF Testing (Needs Confirmation) posted in this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...m-like-me.html

In all maybe 2013FSport can give you a walk through using a DMM. Check grounds, and what not.

Old 11-26-19 | 04:52 PM
Hoseee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Ok some digging around CL I found a Doc on testing the MAF on the IS350. How accurate it is to be decided. This is the first time I've seen this as it states max G/S test over 271. I think that's the range its supposed to be.

Anyhow more stuff I found was similar to these DTC's you are having. Most where blown EFI fuses whether it was EFI 1, No 2 or Main EFI. I would check those out first.

MAF Testing (Needs Confirmation) posted in this thread.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...m-like-me.html

In all maybe 2013FSport can give you a walk through using a DMM. Check grounds, and what not.
Thanks for the quick reply Mike! I also read somewhere about EFI fuses going out to my understanding there was only one. i only found one on the right fuse box in the engine compartment. Ill double check right now maybe i missed one.
Old 11-26-19 | 05:22 PM
Hoseee
Driver School Candidate

So i was reading around and found this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ease-help.html unfortunately like i said im no expert and it all sounds like a foreign language to me should i buy the guide and attempt it?

UPDATE: just checked EFI fuse number 2 it was blown, some how i missed it when i was checking the fuses. car runs fine now i did a live data stream and maf is rearing properly ad so are the O2s.

Last edited by Hoseee; 11-26-19 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-27-19 | 09:04 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoseee
So i was reading around and found this https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ease-help.html unfortunately like i said im no expert and it all sounds like a foreign language to me should i buy the guide and attempt it?

UPDATE: just checked EFI fuse number 2 it was blown, some how i missed it when i was checking the fuses. car runs fine now i did a live data stream and maf is rearing properly ad so are the O2s.

That's what I was banking on. Glad you found it.

Hate to say it but that fuse popped for some reason. I would be following the path of the blown EFI fuse and see where all it goes as this may happen again. Was any work done under the hood before this? Aside from trans solenoid?

Mike, good find on the document. Looks like it came from TIS.
Old 11-27-19 | 09:33 AM
Gville350

Good detective work and finding the culprit!
Old 11-29-19 | 04:03 PM
Hoseee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
That's what I was banking on. Glad you found it.

Hate to say it but that fuse popped for some reason. I would be following the path of the blown EFI fuse and see where all it goes as this may happen again. Was any work done under the hood before this? Aside from trans solenoid?

Mike, good find on the document. Looks like it came from TIS.
the only other work i did was change the bulbs from halogen to led.