IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Red SOS Light On All The Time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-19, 04:39 PM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Red SOS Light On All The Time?

I noticed tonight that my 2012 IS350C has a red SOS light that is staying on constantly and I have no idea what it means. All the manual says is to contact Lexus dealer. I do not have a Safety Connection subscription. Is there a way for me to check codes or other items to determine if I actually do have a problem?

Regards,
Florida Jack
Old 11-25-19, 06:50 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,525 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Suppose you could disconnect the battery for 10min and see if a previous button push kept it activated?
Manual say anything?
Old 11-25-19, 07:04 PM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Suppose you could disconnect the battery for 10min and see if a previous button push kept it activated?
Manual say anything?
The manual was pretty vague. It says to contact dealer for hardware issue. Not sure what that means. Safety Connect hardware issue? If so, I don't subscribe anyway so no big deal, but if it means something else is wrong then I want to know. The car has 60k miles and is in great shape with no issues at all.

Regards,
Florida Jack
Old 11-26-19, 09:16 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Visit an auto parts store that offers a free OBDII scan of what the possible CELs might be. AutoZone, O'Reillys, Advance Auto, etc. If no CELs appear, see if they can clear everything.

Good luck!
Old 11-26-19, 09:35 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gville350
Visit an auto parts store that offers a free OBDII scan of what the possible CELs might be. AutoZone, O'Reillys, Advance Auto, etc. If no CELs appear, see if they can clear everything.

Good luck!
New in 2019-11
ET phone home option = enabled!
Old 11-26-19, 02:44 PM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

New in 2019-11
ET phone home option = enabled!
Is this something new that may be causing the SOS light to stay on? Not sure I understand.

Regards,

Florida Jack
Old 11-26-19, 02:56 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by FloridaJac
Is this something new that may be causing the SOS light to stay on? Not sure I understand.

Regards,

Florida Jack
I found this online. As maybe something hapend to the module for SOS. Even then I don't think a scanner will pic this up to find the fault. It's probably going to have to be techstream.

https://lexus2.custhelp.com/app/answ...button-mean%3F

Apparently it means you are no longer subcribed. Though yours is staying on. Indicates a malfunction of some sort.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...sos-light.html

Last edited by MikeFig82; 11-26-19 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-27-19, 10:16 AM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

I have a Safety Connect subscription now. In an effort to track this issue I decided to subscribe. I went through the process, called the 1-800 number and chatted with a rep which yielded no resolution. I can connect to Safety Connect when pressing the button in the car and all seems to be well, but they did say there was a problem, but no alerts. Also, I am not seeing my car in the "Lexus App." Since it is a 2012 it is not Enform enabled, but older technology. I will continue to update as I work the red SOS light.

Regards,
Florida Jack
Old 12-07-19, 03:54 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FloridaJac
I have a Safety Connect subscription now. In an effort to track this issue I decided to subscribe. I went through the process, called the 1-800 number and chatted with a rep which yielded no resolution. I can connect to Safety Connect when pressing the button in the car and all seems to be well, but they did say there was a problem, but no alerts. Also, I am not seeing my car in the "Lexus App." Since it is a 2012 it is not Enform enabled, but older technology. I will continue to update as I work the red SOS light.

Regards,
Florida Jack

2013 and mine is on all the time too. Lit red that is. No subscription. Guessing its so you can find the button?
Old 12-08-19, 07:19 AM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

2013 and mine is on all the time too. Lit red that is. No subscription. Guessing its so you can find the button?
It's a problem and not just a light for finding the button. Pressing the SOS button works and instantly connects with Enform folks. I can have a normal conversation with them but light being on constantly is a definite problem.

The Enform APP is not receiving data from my car as best I can tell. I've had the APP installed for a month and nothing at all from the car.

Overall, I'm not worried and will have it checked when in for a normal service.

Regards.
Old 12-11-19, 08:28 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

More specifically: When the car is started, a single source red LED shines down brightly and within ~3 seconds turns off leaving the SOS text visible in RED.
Are you saying the single LED stays on always? Not the text?
Old 12-11-19, 04:31 PM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

More specifically: When the car is started, a single source red LED shines down brightly and within ~3 seconds turns off leaving the SOS text visible in RED.
Are you saying the single LED stays on always? Not the text?
The "SOS" text light is NOT supposed to stay on. The 3 second single red light coming on and they going off is normal.
Old 12-12-19, 10:09 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

From the owners Manual for applicable USA vehicles 2009 and up. A picture states SOS text is on always.

Safety Connect LED light Indicators:
When the “ENGINE START STOP” switch is turned to IGNITION ON mode, the red indicator light comes on for 2 seconds then turns off. Afterward, the green indicator light comes on, indicating that the service is active.

The following indicator light patterns indicate specific system usage conditions:
●Green indicator light on = Active service
●Green indicator light flashing = Safety Connect call in process
●Red indicator light (except at vehicle start-up) = System malfunction (contact your Lexus dealer)
●No indicator light (off) = Safety Connect service not active

/done. GL...
Old 12-13-19, 08:25 AM
FloridaJac
Driver School Candidate

From the owners Manual for applicable USA vehicles 2009 and up. A picture states SOS text is on always.

Safety Connect LED light Indicators:
When the “ENGINE START STOP” switch is turned to IGNITION ON mode, the red indicator light comes on for 2 seconds then turns off. Afterward, the green indicator light comes on, indicating that the service is active.

The following indicator light patterns indicate specific system usage conditions:
●Green indicator light on = Active service
●Green indicator light flashing = Safety Connect call in process
●Red indicator light (except at vehicle start-up) = System malfunction (contact your Lexus dealer)
●No indicator light (off) = Safety Connect service not active

/done. GL...
Now I'm wondering if the red SOS button is supposed to be lit all the time or not? I know the pattern sequence of the 'indicator lights' and on my car they are normal acting. The owners manual is not clear regarding the constant state of the SOS button. Red SOS should be on all the time or not?
Old 12-13-19, 09:50 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Every other button is lit and that would be super hard to find if it was not lit in some way. I've ridden in 3 of these and they were all on. Red text so I'd say thats normal so you can find it.
JM2C
The following users liked this post:
GrizzlyMan (03-30-21)

Quick Reply: Red SOS Light On All The Time?