IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Power door lock wires don't match - replaced doors

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-20, 05:41 PM
wiseguy75
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power door lock wires don't match - replaced doors

I recently bought a 2010 Lexus IS300 (yes 300). And it was a theft / recovery.
They replaced all the doors amongst many other things. And the power door lock doesn't work on the passenger side - I removed the door panel and see the wires are all cut. The door comes from another model or year because the number of wires and wire colors don't match . Surprisingly the power window, power mirror, speaker, etc.. all work on that side.
See the pic.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction to figuring out how to match up the wires to get the door lock to work.

Last edited by wiseguy75; 03-03-20 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-02-20, 07:34 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 609 Likes on 405 Posts

Going to need a bit more info on this I think.

On the tag there is a part number, looks like it is ending in 53141B, can't make out the first bit. Can you post what it says? Looks to be 82151 I think, but just curious. Do you have any other info on the car the used door came from?

That said, it may be easier to just look at what's supposed to be on the car. You say it's an IS300, are you in the Middle East or China, or has the car been imported into Canada? Are you able to send the VIN (PM if you don't want to do so publicly), or post the model code (GSE22L-xxxxx) and/or preferably the chassis number (GSE22-xxxxxxx).

Jeff
Old 03-03-20, 05:19 AM
wiseguy75
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jeff.

I am currently living on the island of Aruba in the Caribbean. And as the car is a rebuild, the VIN # is still up in the air and they are sorting it out.

It is a left hand drive IS300 but many of the parts, including the doors came from a right hand drive IS350. (there are a ton of right hand drive IS250/ 350’s from Japan on this island.

Yes the part number on that wire is 82151-53141B. But for some reason they’ve used another connector at the other end for the door lock / touch unlock handle. Everything else works on that door.

So I was thinking with the help of a test light and multi-meter, and maybe using the divers door lock actuator (which works), I could figure out which wires trigger the lock & unlock - but then I am not sure how to figure it out which wire I would connect it to on the door lock actuator side.

I do have a few spare door lock actuators for this car, and fuses so I am not afraid to test - but I was hoping to get some insight before blindly trying to set this car on fire

Last edited by wiseguy75; 03-03-20 at 05:35 AM.
Old 03-03-20, 08:40 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Seeing the new pic and this info I should be able to get you the info you need. Give me a bit, not at a computer at the moment.

Jeff
Old 03-03-20, 10:29 AM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

82151-53141 is the correct door harness for a 2010 IS300 LHD. My guess is that they used the original door harness in the used RHD door and the harness wouldn’t plug into the connector on the door, so they planned to splice it together and gave up.

This would have been the driver’s door on a RHD car, and so the actuator is different (lock cylinder, etc.).

What I can do is tell you which pin each colour of wire in your main door harness goes to. You’ll have a couple of wires left over on both sides and even within RHD vehicles there are some variations of the actuators. If after rewiring this, things still aren’t working right, you may need to find a LHD door lock actuator. That said, I suspect things will likely work.

Here are the wires that matter, door harness colour -> actuator connector pin:

Light Green -> Pin 1
White -> Pin 4
Light Blue -> Pin 7
White/Black -> Pin 8

Pin numbers are looking into the end of the connector when it is unplugged:

Hope this helps!

Jeff

The following users liked this post:
wiseguy75 (03-11-20)
Old 03-03-20, 10:55 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

Jeff to the rescue!
The following users liked this post:
wiseguy75 (03-11-20)
Old 03-03-20, 01:06 PM
wiseguy75
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Jeff. That was extremely helpful. I appreciate your time and efforts!

At first it was unlocking the door when I pressed lock and locking it when I pressed unlock. I then reversed all the wires which made sense now its (green to green, white to white and blue to blue and white/blk to white/blk). I am guessing its the right hand drive actuator that caused that.

So now it locks and unlocks like it should, but when I touch the handle to unlock, it unlocks then triggers 8 - 10 beeps and I hear the actuator clicking several times. It doesn't do it when I use the remote. I thought it might have something to do with some of the other unused wires - but from what I see online, that is a warning that one of the other actuators is not working. And that might be it because the rear passenger actuator is also not working.

When I remove the panel to that door, all looks perfect - no cut wires.
I tested it with a working actuator, but for some reason it doesn’t lock or unlock.
I checked the fuse and its good.
The power window works on that door, but hesitates at the same spot every time. And it won’t go up or down from the drivers switch (and yes, I tried to do the window reset)

The other passenger side door lock works perfectly, but no power window on that side.

I’m 50 % there, but maybe I should start another thread for those 2 other issues. Either way, any ideas where to start are welcomed

Last edited by wiseguy75; 03-03-20 at 01:52 PM.