TPMS issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-20, 07:58 AM
HaubeRR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS issue

Hello,
New to the forum and just bought a 2006 IS350. It has a tpms light on now and the display indicates to check system with both red and orange triangles with exclamation marks. I confirmed all the sensors are working with a TPMS tool. I then tried the reset procedure holding the left and right arrows then holding the center button for 3 seconds. I just replaced the TPMS receiver behind the radio which got rid of the error lights and my scanner tool showed the computer was reading the tire pressure but after 20 minutes of driving the error came back. I’m at a loss and taking the radio out without messing up the dash sucks.
Old 03-06-20, 06:03 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 388 Likes on 169 Posts

are you sure your tpms sensors still same ones that came from factory and never got changed? cuz they aren't suppose to last this long, the original ones on mine crapped out last year...
Old 03-08-20, 03:55 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

I think replacement module needs to be reprogrammed via Techstream with the sensor codes.

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
are you sure your tpms sensors still same ones that came from factory and never got changed? cuz they aren't suppose to last this long, the original ones on mine crapped out last year...
Old 05-27-20, 08:31 AM
82ndABN
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tpms madness

I just had 2 different (local Williamstown, N.J.) shops hit the Lexus TPMS WALL !
Both said, impossible to get the computer to see the- TPMS sending units , which are new - so, must be a problem with the main computer !

I have 4 new sensors (Denso 550-0103)
and no one can get them to communicate with the computer. The second shop removed them and tried their own pre programmed TPMS sensors

Where oh where is this Wizard of Oz black box "main computer" located?
Better yet . . .is there a step by step written by anyone who resolved this issue??

I am going to tackle the touch screen issue soon - as it is also dead in the water.

160K on the car and it runs like a raped ape. It's mechanicals are solid - tranny strong - but electronics are toast! I have window switches failing en mass - only the drivers door drivers window switch is working.

FULL DISCLOSURE

I purchased at a police auction. So, it's kind of like a ragged Pit Bull rescued from the pound (I have one of them too : )
I hope for the same Happy Ending as Lexy finds her forever home right here - but boy oh boy - DO I NEED HELP

PS: I took her out (in the rain on COVID empty roads and deliberately wrung her out, tossing this way and that. ALL THE ELECTRONIC NANNIES STILL WORK
Anti-brake and anti-yaw anti-swerve/spin out - intervened as Nagoya intended - so it is a cosmetic issue - but one that drives me nutz.

Please tell me there is a fix

Someone ?

Anyone?
Old 05-27-20, 09:15 AM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

The TPMS computer is located above the radio in a blue box.
Old 05-27-20, 08:59 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by 82ndABN
I have window switches failing en mass - only the drivers door drivers window switch is working.
Do you mean that you can't control the passenger and rear windows from the driver's door control? Or do they not work from the switches on the passenger and rear doors? If the former, perhaps you didn't know to reset them after disconnecting the battery, as described in this thread from the FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...isconnect.html

Last edited by Bichon; 05-27-20 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-29-20, 03:42 PM
82ndABN
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Dealer Solved TPMS problem

OMG - I was clueless (big door opening here) -
WHO KNEW - the door switches simply wanted a finger dance which once performed miraculously lets the genie out of the bottle and makes me her Master

: )

Okay, medical marijuana may influence my enthusiastic reply - but I was on the verge of disassembling and troubleshooting/ordering new switches. It was just too far down the dollar dismemberment pyramid to get my full attention - until your post!

Thank you sooo much for reading my post thoroughly enough to digest - me being a newbie here - had no idea his switch malfunction was a RESET !!!
I embrace the digital but grew up very ANALOG . . .easy fix - sorry I was asleep at the tree - CLUELESS

All that said, my TPMS light and all the other flashing / glowing / menacing thing-a-ma-bob's are GONE from the dash display. Lexus of Cherry Hill reset the light. My shop(s) installed the TPMS switches - but neither could get the programing to take. Lexus had my car for the Takata airbag recall - and for $149 electronically reset the system to speak to my DENSO 550-0103 sensors.

I . . .something has to be done to get manufacturer's to SHARE with the aftermarket as BOTH local repair shops (Each using Snap On as their TPMS equipment vendor) could NOT program these sensors !