IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

[Post pics✓] Have you vinyl wrapped your EXTERIOR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-20, 11:23 AM
richy350
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default [Post pics✓] Have you vinyl wrapped your EXTERIOR?

Thinking about wrapping my car myself.... anyone successfully wrapped their entire car?
Post pics!
Old 04-04-20, 12:09 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by richy350
Thinking about wrapping my car myself.... anyone successfully wrapped their entire car?
Post pics!
What I would say to you regarding wrapping is that it is temporary. After about 2 years it's going to start wrinkling and need to be removed. I was thinking of just wrapping the front and the hood to protect it from chips, as I drive a lot between Northern Cal and Southern Cal where there are a lot of trucks throwing debris (plus high winds), but the cost just to wrap the front and hood was about $1600. If you don't mind spending a lot of money on something that is very temporary, then it looks great, but I would probably spend that money on something else more permanent...that is unless you are selling your car and want to cover up some imperfections
Old 04-04-20, 12:26 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
What I would say to you regarding wrapping is that it is temporary. After about 2 years it's going to start wrinkling and need to be removed. I was thinking of just wrapping the front and the hood to protect it from chips, as I drive a lot between Northern Cal and Southern Cal where there are a lot of trucks throwing debris (plus high winds), but the cost just to wrap the front and hood was about $1600. If you don't mind spending a lot of money on something that is very temporary, then it looks great, but I would probably spend that money on something else more permanent...that is unless you are selling your car and want to cover up some imperfections
if you want something to protect your front bumper and hood from rock chips, look into a clear bra. I havent looked into them in a while so i cant give you more information about the actual cost or which one is best. when i first got my car like 1 year ago i wanted to do it but i decided not to because i rarely get on the highway and when i do i tend to not be behind semis to help lower the chance of rock chips so i personally didnt find much need for it
The following users liked this post:
AMIRZA786 (04-04-20)
Old 04-04-20, 12:33 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by davidbusta
if you want something to protect your front bumper and hood from rock chips, look into a clear bra. I havent looked into them in a while so i cant give you more information about the actual cost or which one is best. when i first got my car like 1 year ago i wanted to do it but i decided not to because i rarely get on the highway and when i do i tend to not be behind semis to help lower the chance of rock chips so i personally didnt find much need for it
Haha yeah I never get behind Semi's but they throw rocks and debris everywhere. The main hwy between San Jose, CA and Southern California is about 300 miles of two lane highway, the right lane is always full of trucks, so you can't avoid the crap they throw from under their tires. Plus the high winds kick up in the Central Valley. I definitely will look into Clear bra, but if I remember it was quite expensive, but could be worth it to protect the paint.

I could just take my daughters Camry when I travel to SoCal, but it's just not as much fun as the IS350!