IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tesla style android budget system, px3 Airbag ON after installation. Bug FIXED!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-20, 05:30 PM
Toofast
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Budget Tesla Style Android

Background: this is a android 8.1 PX3 unit for $250. If you have more money to expend buy the newer models PX6 with DSP amplifier from Phoenix Automotive for $589.Moreover, most tesla style sellers will ask you for a picture from the back of your unit to see if you have optical cable (models 2010 and up seems they come with this).
These are the facts: this unit looks good and sound great with my ML stock amplifier. A/C and heater functions in all vent directions. Better than my old factory navigation radio.

Pros: price is right, looks good and sounds good.
Cons: you have almost no support from aliexpress. The unit has a airbag light bug but I have a cheap solution at the begining of this tread. Need to bend the tesla metal clips to fit better in the dashboard. No sub woofer RCA ( I fixed it with an LC2 (line converter 2 ch $20 at walmart with volume remote). The mirroring software works but it is in chinese (I do not plan to mirror my phone that often because the apps are installed in the unit).
In conclusion, I am very happy with the unit for the price paid. I am reusing my old amp and 12 inch subwoofer alpine type R and I put another backup camera (after market $20)with guide lines (the old factory camera sucks ). I will make a post for the amp and backup camera if you need one.

Last edited by Toofast; 06-24-20 at 05:50 PM. Reason: C
The following users liked this post:
ECTpwr (09-04-20)
Old 06-24-20, 06:06 PM
Toofast
Driver

Default Newer tesla model PX6

This is the newer model PX6 more memory $589 from phoenix automotive. If you order this for lexus year 2010-2011 with optical cable the seller send you an DSP amp for free? Worth $500. You can see the posts from verly6565 on Tesla for Lexus GS
Old 06-24-20, 07:41 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Toofast
2006-2009 lexus is250/is350 from aliexpress. https://m.aliexpress.com/shopcart/li...01nmtenmteTw#/
About $250
hm, link doesn't work -- it links to your shopping cart or something.

Are you saying that I need to manually connect the sub woofer cable? I have everything stock. I did find info on PX6 unit, looks faster, but not sure it's worth the price.
Old 06-24-20, 09:29 PM
Toofast
Driver

Try this link
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400083...0Q90.jpg_.webp
Old 06-24-20, 09:50 PM
Toofast
Driver

The stock speakers and wooffers work with the tesla unit. But if you want to add an external subwoofer then you need to use a LC2 to add another amplifier.
Which year is your Lexus?
my 2007 lexus I had to use a LC2.

Lc2. With volume control at walmart $20.
80 watts max input.

12 inch Alpine type R sub woofer(300-600W RMS) power with 300-500W RMS Kenwood amp.

Last edited by Toofast; 06-24-20 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 06-24-20, 10:08 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Thanks; that link worked -- looks like I can select a 4GB RAM unit. I have a 2008 IS350 non-nav.
Toofast (07-04-20)
Old 07-04-20, 09:49 PM
Toofast
Driver

👍Let me know how it works for you.
Old 07-05-20, 08:52 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

@ Toofast.

When you're listening to the radio and answer a bluetooth call, is the bluetooth volume much lower? On mine, I have to crank the bluetooth volume up quite a lot, then when I hang up, the radio is blaring.

Also, my mic seems to pickup too much road noise.

Wondering if you have these problems.

Thanks.

P.S. One pet peeve is the radio station info scrolling banner font is so small and the line width is so short that is has to scroll to show the full song title.
Old 07-05-20, 12:04 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Originally Posted by Toofast
👍Let me know how it works for you.
I was looking at buying it and they jack up the price by $100. I'll stick with my Roadrover unit for now.
Old 07-08-20, 10:44 AM
Toofast
Driver

I think to go from RAM 2g to 4g they increase the price $100 more which it is not worth it. I stick to the cheaper price $250. If I want to expend $100 more, I probably will get the PX6 system. Or wait until the prices get cheaper for px6. It is like computers; every year is a faster and better one. I just put a post for add a subwoofer with an aftermaket amp!👍
Old 07-11-20, 10:59 PM
Toofast
Driver

I check the radio and bluetooth music volumes. The bluetooth music volume is little beat lower than radio. I increased the volume of my phone to level it up. When parking hands free mic works well but when driving the mic pickup road noise. The bluetooth volume still the same when answering a call and they can hear me well when parking. When driving they still can hear me but with road or A/C vent noise.
Old 09-04-20, 05:46 AM
ECTpwr
10th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi guys, I'm from Macedonia\Europe, I have a Lexus is250 2nd gen from November 2005 and my factory infotainment system (Mark Levinson) is starting to fail (pics below). It is probably the power source cables, condesators or the main CPU on one of the motherboards, i haven't opened it yet. I was wondering, if I buy one of those aftermarket android systems, will this problem of mine be resolved? To put it more accurately: do those aftermarket android systems come with their own motherboards or do they use the factory ones?

Old 09-13-20, 11:05 AM
Toofast
Driver

Please read the whole tread first. The after market like tesla style radios will work on your car. The Mark Levison radio you have is broken. However with the after market units, research first before buying. If you want to save some headages buy the unit from a place you will have technical support like Phoenix Automotive (it will be a hundred dollars more expensive but it will be worth it). Also the PX6 is better. I built my audio system px3 with a small budget but I had no support and I expent days of research in this forum and other sources. Overal, I am happy with my unit. It is not perfect replacement from factory. Some of the functions they do not work or work with low quality like when you using hands free phone calls.
In conclusion, the ML radio is like a TV with special functions. The after market radio will work (it depends with radio you buy you will have a better system) however, with the after market you wont have the extra settings you can adjust with the factory unit. Which I personally, I did not care because those settings you can adjust with Techstream. The after market radio will look nicer with the bigger screen full of apps, the blue tooth works great for music. It is a tesla style modern look for a 10+ year old car. The mother board is on the unit. The after market has its own mother board. If you have any questions please let me know.
Old 09-14-20, 12:12 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My screen crapped out, it does not turn on, its black. I need to change the board. The board alone is $300 bucks, Plus i need to change the screen because it is faded, that's another $200.

Instead buying this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...hannel=twinner

Wish me luck!

Too fast, if you dont mind, i may reach out to you with questions if i get stuck.

Old 09-16-20, 05:51 PM
Toofast
Driver

Hi, it is the same unit I placed in my car 2007 lexus is350. It is the cheaper but it not 100% compatible. Some of the functions wont work like mirrow image. However, read the whole tread so you can fix the bugs (airbag bug). Otherwise It is better than the old factory radio. Let me know how turned out.👍
meteoro (09-18-20)

Quick Reply: Tesla style android budget system, px3 Airbag ON after installation. Bug FIXED!!