IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Tesla style android budget system, px3 Airbag ON after installation. Bug FIXED!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-20, 10:12 PM
Toofast
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Final thoughts: for ML systems only.
if you want to add an aftermaket subwoofer and also plan to put another radio like "tesla style"Buy the tesla style radio that has SUB RCA outputs (it might be a little more expensive but it will save you lots of time and headages because the ML factory amp split the bass signals mainly to front doors and rear deck.( so you might need a LC 4 channel.)
​​​​​​

Last edited by Toofast; 12-27-20 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-03-21, 05:39 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got it to work right. It took me a couple of tries to get it to work. At first the sound came in and out for some reason. The HVAC controls didn't work either. I contacted the seller, sent them some vids of the connections and all was in order.
They asked me to check the software revision and it was the right one. I was scratching my head as to why it wasn't working.
I should have stared by there, but I did not. I unplugged the battery, left it unplugged overnight.
Then reconnected the radio, plugged the battery back, and all works now!
The only thing not working is the hazard lights. Still working with tech support on that. I think the wire is not going to ground, hence not completing the circuit. I will have to investigate more.

I did not have to install a separate back up camera, the OEM works with the unit! I also bough the CarPlay interface, plug and play. Works really well!
Only issue I have intermittently after using CarPlay is that the radio app is buggy. After 20-30 seconds it closes. Somehow, the app for CarPlay remains active and shuts it down. Not sure why.
As far as fit, still playing with it. I have a gap between the unit and the center vents.

The response of the unit is pretty fast, not laggy at all. Satisfied with that. I had read some units were very laggy. Mine is the 32G unit/quadcore.

Some pics.

Originally Posted by meteoro
My screen crapped out, it does not turn on, its black. I need to change the board. The board alone is $300 bucks, Plus i need to change the screen because it is faded, that's another $200.

Instead buying this one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...hannel=twinner

Wish me luck!

Too fast, if you dont mind, i may reach out to you with questions if i get stuck.
Old 01-05-21, 09:00 AM
Toofast
Driver

Thank you for the input. So if you don't mind, how much you paid for? Which vendor Alliexpress or Alibaba? This unit look the same but the side buttons have different functions than mine. Is this unit comes with subwoofer RCA? Mine does not.

I cut this hole as \"U" shape and my radio has almost no gap. I will post a picture tonight.

Last edited by Toofast; 01-05-21 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-09-21, 01:00 PM
Toofast
Driver

Old 04-17-21, 06:47 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Toofast
So im having the exact same issue but this is on my 2008 ls460. The after market unit i bought was from china. Its not a Tesla style head unit but its an android head unit. Im getting the srs airbag light on my dashboard because the off/on circuit was built into the oem factory head unit climate control.

So i decided to plug all the harness back into the original head unit and start unplugging connectors until light srs bag light came on. So now that i know which harness is the one that controls the passenger airbag off/on circuit. What do i do now? Im really confused. I will post up pictures of the harness from the factory connector and the one that connect to the aftermarket connector..

Old 04-17-21, 06:50 PM
aristo1987
Pole Position

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Heres the pictures

Old 10-24-21, 06:55 PM
Toofast
Driver

Hi, long time I did not log in. Did you figured out?. If not, I think you are in the right track. After reading all my post, I sure the same principles applied. Once you know the diagram and locate the airbag light indicator. Then you should complete the circuit with the 1K ohm resistor as a described before. If the chinesse harness does not have a pin (I put one to the chinesse hardness to complete the circuit. I took one pin from the chinesse connectors that are extra and do not connect to anything.) please let me know how it turns.
TooFast
​​​​​​