IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermadket head light question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-20, 02:08 AM
808LSX
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Aftermadket head light question....

I have a 09 IS250 and been wanting to install after market headlights.....maybe Vland (if i can get over the cost) lol. My question is, will aftermarket headlights work with the auto leveling lights? Can u disable them if needed. Personally I have no need for auto leveling lights. But I don't want to have a dash ligh come on or engine code or any other complications. Any insight? Thanks.
Old 08-08-20, 02:43 AM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

AFS, which is the auto leveling, wont work with any aftermarket headlights. You will get a warning light on your dash however Vland gives an instruction on where to pull a fuse that will turn it off. The fuse is located under your steering wheel by where the pedals are. I dont remember what fuse exactly to pull. But if you pull that fuse youll get rid of the warning light.
Old 08-08-20, 02:48 AM
808LSX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by davidbusta
AFS, which is the auto leveling, wont work with any aftermarket headlights. You will get a warning light on your dash however Vland gives an instruction on where to pull a fuse that will turn it off. The fuse is located under your steering wheel by where the pedals are. I dont remember what fuse exactly to pull. But if you pull that fuse youll get rid of the warning light.
Perfect. Exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!!
Old 08-08-20, 10:33 AM
Speddon
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I installed the Vland headlights on my 2011 IS350. They work great and are really bright. The High beam is not as bright and only illuminates further up the road and not much on the sides. The low beams have a very wide beam so the sides are illuminated pretty well already. As far as the AFS, they do not work with that system and require the removal of a fuse. It's very simple and there will not be a malfunction message or light afterward. They have the sequential turn signals and require them to be wires to a fuse slot in the fuse box under the hood. it's very straight forward install and I did it myself in the drive way. the only issue I have with them is that the aiming for left and right requires them to be removed to access the nut. the up and down can by done with a long 8mm ratchet. Once they are aimed properly, they work great and I love them. the quality is good for the price. I definitely think they are a good investment and they add a nice look to the front end.
Old 08-08-20, 11:49 AM
808LSX
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Speddon
I installed the Vland headlights on my 2011 IS350. They work great and are really bright. The High beam is not as bright and only illuminates further up the road and not much on the sides. The low beams have a very wide beam so the sides are illuminated pretty well already. As far as the AFS, they do not work with that system and require the removal of a fuse. It's very simple and there will not be a malfunction message or light afterward. They have the sequential turn signals and require them to be wires to a fuse slot in the fuse box under the hood. it's very straight forward install and I did it myself in the drive way. the only issue I have with them is that the aiming for left and right requires them to be removed to access the nut. the up and down can by done with a long 8mm ratchet. Once they are aimed properly, they work great and I love them. the quality is good for the price. I definitely think they are a good investment and they add a nice look to the front end.

Thank you so much for your help and review. I think the Vland lights are nicest of all the aftermarket lights. The other brands look a little cheaply built to me. I guess the term "you get what you pay for" apples here. Lol. Thanks again