IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I'm never buying from LexusPartsNow again

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-20, 04:09 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,630 Posts
Default I'm never buying from LexusPartsNow again

On August 31st I purchased an FSport Air intake. Everything was included except the CARB compliant sticker, which is necessary in California, as when passing the bi-annual smog test, when the stock intake has been changed it must be visually displayed. So I called their 800 number, and it basically gives you a message that no human is available to talk to you (ever), and you must use their online messaging. Then it hangs up on you. Going to the support link, there is a chat function, and I was finally able to get through to someone (after 30 minutes in the queue), and the person at the other end told me that I have to use the messaging link and send an email to the RMA team. So I followed the directions and used the link to send a message that the CARB compliant sticker was not included with the Air intake. Than I waited. And I waited.

Almost two weeks later I finally got a response that they wanted to RMA the air intake. After it's been installed. I would have to uninstall it, re-box it and ship it back and wait for a new one to arrive. No way. So responded back that that ain't happening. That was September 8th. I have not received any other correspondence since. I responded to the email twice, but crickets on the other end.

So I decided I would try one more thing. I sent an email to the Internet sales manager for Bell Lexus Daniel Dickerson explaining what had happened, and if I could buy one from them. I got the following response from one his guys:

They are basically just mailing me one. No questions asked. For free. Now that is customer service! I will continue to buy from them as long as I have a Lexus.

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 09-30-20 at 04:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
2013FSport (10-01-20), B00M3R (10-02-20), jcgeorge (10-07-20)
Old 09-30-20, 04:28 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

I believe Bell lexus had been known to a stand up operation. Try Discountpartsmonster.com. I believe they’re a Lexus dealership in Florida. I love them and are often cheaper than other OEM sellers
The following 2 users liked this post by bbaugher47:
AMIRZA786 (09-30-20), ncatona (10-03-20)
Old 09-30-20, 04:33 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 218 Likes on 183 Posts

Huge fan of Bell Lexus. I typically buy everything from them unless it's something I need ASAP. They're pretty big on Amazon and eBay, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have an intake listed themselves.
The following 3 users liked this post by Zmon:
AMIRZA786 (09-30-20), bbaugher47 (10-01-20), ncatona (10-03-20)
Old 09-30-20, 04:37 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Zmon
Huge fan of Bell Lexus. I typically buy everything from them unless it's something I need ASAP. They're pretty big on Amazon and eBay, so I'd be surprised if they didn't have an intake listed themselves.
They do sell the intake, but LexusPartsNow had it a bit cheaper at the time I bought it. Tells you price isn't everything
The following users liked this post:
ncatona (10-03-20)
Old 10-01-20, 06:54 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,516 Likes on 1,261 Posts
Angry www.lexuspartsnow.com -->> www.lexuspartsNEVERAGAIN.com

You can't say I didn't warn you! Question, any observations regarding OEM packaging, as in, was the box opened previously? I saw a couple other boxes indicating F-Sport sway bars were packaged far better than the triangular shaped box in a box I received. If you recall it was 35 days to retrieve the missing sway bar mounts from them and something like 10 emails. The chat never worked and calling was some BS service that had nothing to do with them. It was the worst experience ever.
Old 10-01-20, 07:19 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
You can't say I didn't warn you! Question, any observations regarding OEM packaging, as in, was the box opened previously? I saw a couple other boxes indicating F-Sport sway bars were packaged far better than the triangular shaped box in a box I received. If you recall it was 35 days to retrieve the missing sway bar mounts from them and something like 10 emails. The chat never worked and calling was some BS service that had nothing to do with them. It was the worst experience ever.
Everything was packaged properly and sealed. In fact the return address showed it was shipped from a Lexus dealership in Fremont CA, so they are probably a drop shipper. Maybe a one man operation doing business from a laptop
Old 10-01-20, 04:49 PM
davidbusta
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts

I didnt receive the CARB sticker either in my f sport intake. I ordered it from Lexus of Chandler because they surprisedly had it cheaper than Bell Lexus. However, I wasn’t too bothered by it as I have saved a document that shows that its legal.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...eo/d-628-7.pdf
Old 10-01-20, 05:47 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by davidbusta
I didnt receive the CARB sticker either in my f sport intake. I ordered it from Lexus of Chandler because they surprisedly had it cheaper than Bell Lexus. However, I wasn’t too bothered by it as I have saved a document that shows that its legal.
https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/afterm...eo/d-628-7.pdf
I printed that document as well
Old 10-01-20, 08:16 PM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

I had the same type of lack of response and not answering emails or phone calls from Discount Parts Monster. Part of my order shipped extremely quickly and the second half eventually canceled. No real contact from them till the end and horrible service.
I won't buy from them again.
AMIRZA786 (10-01-20)
Old 10-02-20, 06:50 AM
VapeDude
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 on DiscountPartsMonster.com!. Super fast shipping, Original parts and awesome Customer Service. There's where I buy all my parts
Old 10-02-20, 06:52 AM
VapeDude
Rookie

discountpartsmonster is a Lexus Dealer in Hollywood FL. They have a phone number listed which you get a Human right away
Old 10-02-20, 10:41 AM
B00M3R
Driver

Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by VapeDude
discountpartsmonster is a Lexus Dealer in Hollywood FL. They have a phone number listed which you get a Human right away
Well when I had a problem I called no less than 10 times, never once talked to a human. Got voice mail every single time and never got a call back.
I am glad your service was good but I will not ever buy from them again. Saving the extra $10-$30 is not worth it in my opinion.
I looked up there profile on the Better Business Bureau web site and they have an F rating and a one star customer service rating.
https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/hollywood/...on-information
2013FSport (10-02-20)
Old 10-02-20, 11:23 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,516 Likes on 1,261 Posts

Originally Posted by B00M3R
Well when I had a problem I called no less than 10 times, never once talked to a human. Got voice mail every single time and never got a call back.
I am glad your service was good but I will not ever buy from them again. Saving the extra $10-$30 is not worth it in my opinion.
I looked up there profile on the Better Business Bureau web site and they have an F rating and a one star customer service rating.
It's been a while since I've resorted to those tactics but will keep that in mind when it matters! Thanks! And with all the crap Amazoo pulls, I make every attempt to go direct and not line their greedy pockets out of convenience. They got way to big for their britches as did the mighty gooo search engine... I digress!
The following 2 users liked this post by 2013FSport:
B00M3R (10-02-20), mike33 (10-02-20)
Old 10-02-20, 01:00 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
It's been a while since I've resorted to those tactics but will keep that in mind when it matters! Thanks! And with all the crap Amazoo pulls, I make every attempt to go direct and not line their greedy pockets out of convenience. They got way to big for their britches as did the mighty gooo search engine... I digress!
Hey man, I got some of my portfolio in Amazon. As long as Bezos lining his pockets keeps the stocks going up I'm fine with that!
Old 10-02-20, 05:06 PM
VapeDude
Rookie

Originally Posted by B00M3R
Wow. I didn't know that. Well guess I was a lucky one.

Quick Reply: I'm never buying from LexusPartsNow again