IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2008 IS250 Motor Blower Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-20, 11:58 AM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 IS250 Motor Blower Not Working

I have a 2008 is250 w/90k when i bought car a/c and air worked fine, after 3 months of owning car my motor blower would randomly cut off for a day and then work again before it stopped working completely...i replaced motor blower worked for a month and same issue occurred so i exchanged the motor blower for a new one and still wouldn’t work this time does not work on air conditioning or heater on any settings...checked fuses and motor blower relay which visually seem fine and replaced anyways just to be safe still no success....I’ve been told to check motor blower resistor but from what i found this model does not have a motor blower resistor, but the equivalent would possible be the ac amplifier module? Would this cause motor blower to not work or does it just control speed? Also was told to check cabin temp sensor, would this cause motor blower to not turn on for heat or air conditioner?
Old 10-26-20, 12:13 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 774 Likes on 676 Posts

Is your car with Nav, or Non Nav? If its the latter press, and hold the auto, and recirclate buttons simultaneously. Then put the car in "IG" mode keep your foot off the brake. You just want to turn the ignition on.

This should activate the AC diagnostic mode. Let it run its course, and see what codes pop up.
Old 10-26-20, 12:17 PM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
Is your car with Nav, or Non Nav? If its the latter press, and hold the auto, and recirclate buttons simultaneously. Then put the car in "IG" mode keep your foot off the brake. You just want to turn the ignition on.

This should activate the AC diagnostic mode. Let it run its course, and see what codes pop up.

i have navigation, so if i do this i should get a possible code on navigation screen? Also do i hold down til I’m in IG and let go or keep holding down til i get a code?
Old 10-26-20, 12:52 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bez88hlb
i have navigation, so if i do this i should get a possible code on navigation screen? Also do i hold down til I’m in IG and let go or keep holding down til i get a code?
I just tested this in my car. It has been awhile since I last did it. You can do it with the car running as well.

Hold both auto, and recirclate buttons together. Then start the car it will flash all the buttons for a short while. Next you will see double 00 on the screen. Hit the recirclate button once more. This will start the diagnostic mode it will cycle like this until you stop it by hitting the off button. My car just cycles the diagnostic since I have no trouble codes. This is all for the non nav unit.

You can find information here on how to do it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...eed-codes.html

PDFs below for reference to Nav units. They should be the same just find the location of the buttons.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dtccheck36.pdf (81.1 KB, 63 views)
indchk03.pdf (193.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 10-26-20, 01:18 PM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

I just tested this in my car. It has been awhile since I last did it. You can do it with the car running as well.

Hold both auto, and recirclate buttons together. Then start the car it will flash all the buttons for a short while. Next you will see double 00 on the screen. Hit the recirclate button once more. This will start the diagnostic mode it will cycle like this until you stop it by hitting the off button. My car just cycles the diagnostic since I have no trouble codes. This is all for the non nav unit.

You can find information here on how to do it.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...eed-codes.html

PDFs below for reference to Nav units. They should be the same just find the location of the buttons.

im trying I’m getting the flash but not getting a 00 on my screen. It’s been flashing for about 2 min not sure how long i should wait maybe i did wrong
Old 10-26-20, 01:23 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

im trying I’m getting the flash but not getting a 00 on my screen. It’s been flashing for about 2 min not sure how long i should wait maybe i did wrong
Hit the off button, and start it all over again. If it doesn't do anything hit the recirclate button to get it going. The instructions say it should automatically start, but these instructions are outdated. I had to push the recirclate button to start the procedure.
Old 10-26-20, 01:31 PM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

Hit the off button, and start it all over again. If it doesn't do anything hit the recirclate button to get it going. The instructions say it should automatically start, but these instructions are outdated. I had to push the recirclate button to start the procedure.

Yea i keep trying i can get the initial beeps/flashing but can’t get the 00 to appear...i tried holding buttons and starting car and let go when flashing started and it just keeps flashing never get a 00 even tried to hit the recirculate button...tried to hold button down and start car and kept holding down even after flashing and 00 never showed up...looked at the manuals appear to be for a es350 so navigation is a little different
Old 10-26-20, 01:59 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Yea i keep trying i can get the initial beeps/flashing but can’t get the 00 to appear...i tried holding buttons and starting car and let go when flashing started and it just keeps flashing never get a 00 even tried to hit the recirculate button...tried to hold button down and start car and kept holding down even after flashing and 00 never showed up...looked at the manuals appear to be for a es350 so navigation is a little different
Yeah it's hard to say. Checking the toyota sites diagnostic should be the same. Holding the auto, and recirclate buttons. It triggers the self AC diagnostic check.
Old 10-26-20, 02:20 PM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

Yeah it's hard to say. Checking the toyota sites diagnostic should be the same. Holding the auto, and recirclate buttons. It triggers the self AC diagnostic check.
do you know if this is just specific to a/c issues or general air issues? Cuz my issue is motor blower not turning on with a/c on or off, even after replacing motor blower. Worked before fine thought the new motor blower would of fixed it but nada. Maybe the diagnostic just isn’t picking anything up cuz i am getting beeps/flashes but nothing ever comes up on the screen just keeps flashing and beeping.
Old 10-26-20, 02:28 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

do you know if this is just specific to a/c issues or general air issues? Cuz my issue is motor blower not turning on with a/c on or off, even after replacing motor blower. Worked before fine thought the new motor blower would of fixed it but nada. Maybe the diagnostic just isn’t picking anything up cuz i am getting beeps/flashes but nothing ever comes up on the screen just keeps flashing and beeping.
Well I'm assuming it would detect something off. Maybe to do with the AC amplifier. On previous Lexus models there was a resitor pack. Wich controlled the blower. When it went out you would have to bypass it by grounding the blower to the chassis. This would only keep the blower at full speed, and not have control of It.

See info on the link. I was hoping it would show a code for the diagnostic for AC Amplifiers. Maybe they did'nt implement this on the ISX50.

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...-2009.1206162/
Old 10-26-20, 02:51 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Also another question is can you hear ther servos when changing the air flow? Example fresh air, mode defrost, floor ect... You should be able to hear them move.
Old 10-26-20, 03:03 PM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

Also another question is can you hear ther servos when changing the air flow? Example fresh air, mode defrost, floor ect... You should be able to hear them move.
yes i can hear them...was thinking ac amplifier as well since there is no resistor...when i run the diagnostic on the navigation under the temp on driver side it flashing from 21 to 24 to 21 to 24....are these the codes I’m looking for?
Old 10-26-20, 03:07 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

yes i can hear them...was thinking ac amplifier as well since there is no resistor...when i run the diagnostic on the navigation under the temp on driver side it flashing from 21 to 24 to 21 to 24....are these the codes I’m looking for?
Yes those are you codes.

Well it looks like it didn't detect anything but the solar sensor. You probably have the car in a dark place? That would be normal.
Old 10-26-20, 03:13 PM
bez88hlb
Driver School Candidate

Yes those are you codes.

Well it looks like it didn't detect anything but the solar sensor. You probably have the car in a dark place? That would be normal.
yea I’m in parking garage at work troubleshooting haha figured that’s what it was....couldn’t find anything for code 24 though
Old 10-26-20, 03:15 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

yea I’m in parking garage at work troubleshooting haha figured that’s what it was....couldn’t find anything for code 24 though

For future reference maybe one day the codes will pop up in the screen panel.

Attached Files
0420015.pdf (18.3 KB, 1057 views)

Quick Reply: 2008 IS250 Motor Blower Not Working