IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My JDM IS250

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-20, 05:20 PM
212jdmis25
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool My JDM IS250

Let me preface this by saying that i've been meaning to make this thread for many, many years. I just never got around to it and i am only with the car for a limited time each year. Like some of us, my family and i have chosen to shelter in place, due to COVID. Now that i have a little downtime on my hands, here goes.

The car lives at our vacation home in the Caribbean. The back story is, back in late 2011 our neighbor went to Japan on a business trip, stopped by a Toyota dealership and saw the car in the backlot. it only had a little over 1300km on the clock. I think it may have been a demo car for test drives or something - my neighbor would be the best one to tell the story. They weren't quite ready to sell the car for some reason. Fast forward a few weeks later, he returns and tells me about the car and asks my advice since we have always had something in the Lexus line. We leave early 2012 back to our regular lives in the US. Late 2012 we are back on vacation - i see my neighbor and ask about the car. He wasnt able to pull the trigger on the car for financial reasons and the dealership was still hesitant on selling. He puts me on to an importer and after much back and forth they agreed to sell us the car. We wired the money to Japan and crossed our fingers. The car did not get to the port until summer of 2013 and of course, we were not able to make the trip until late 2013, where we had to pay copious amounts in storage fees at the port.

So in 2013 i got what was essentially a brand new 2010 IS250. Most of the interior was still covered in plastic. I think the car has every option for the JDM Market except a sunroof and the ML stereo. The car also came with a Wald rear spoiler. Its now coming up on 40,000km, 10,000 of which we did this year since we have been here due to covid. We may get rid of it soon since we've expanded the family and we're also getting an outrageous deal on a 2016 LX570 with 11,000km. I wanted to make sure that while i still had it, i made this thread just incase anyone wanted to see something specific up close on a JDM model.

One thing i didn't realize was that the JDM model has these super plush floor mats, including a third piece which covers the driveshaft tunnel. You can see from the pictures that the mats swallow up a quarter like nothing. The mats also have metal badges on them (i've come to realize that this is common on JDM cars). Also making an appearance is OEM auto folding mirrors, which i know some USDM owners are very jealous of. It also has a 300GB HDD (don't quote me on the size) and a TV, which picks up local channels. Enough chatter, here are the pictures. If you guys are curious about anything else on the JDM model, don't hesitate to ask.

Old 12-24-20, 05:27 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Very cool story thanks for sharing.
Old 12-24-20, 05:33 PM
212jdmis25
Driver School Candidate

These are our two previous cars, a 2002 and a 2005 Toyota Harrier. They both came from Japan with Lexus badges.

Old 12-26-20, 12:13 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,065 Likes on 1,605 Posts

Very cool car! Sounds like you have quite the life with a house in the Bahamas!
Old 10-17-21, 05:44 AM
Jannu90
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 212jdmis25
Let me preface this by saying that i've been meaning to make this thread for many, many years. I just never got around to it and i am only with the car for a limited time each year. Like some of us, my family and i have chosen to shelter in place, due to COVID. Now that i have a little downtime on my hands, here goes.

The car lives at our vacation home in the Caribbean. The back story is, back in late 2011 our neighbor went to Japan on a business trip, stopped by a Toyota dealership and saw the car in the backlot. it only had a little over 1300km on the clock. I think it may have been a demo car for test drives or something - my neighbor would be the best one to tell the story. They weren't quite ready to sell the car for some reason. Fast forward a few weeks later, he returns and tells me about the car and asks my advice since we have always had something in the Lexus line. We leave early 2012 back to our regular lives in the US. Late 2012 we are back on vacation - i see my neighbor and ask about the car. He wasnt able to pull the trigger on the car for financial reasons and the dealership was still hesitant on selling. He puts me on to an importer and after much back and forth they agreed to sell us the car. We wired the money to Japan and crossed our fingers. The car did not get to the port until summer of 2013 and of course, we were not able to make the trip until late 2013, where we had to pay copious amounts in storage fees at the port.

So in 2013 i got what was essentially a brand new 2010 IS250. Most of the interior was still covered in plastic. I think the car has every option for the JDM Market except a sunroof and the ML stereo. The car also came with a Wald rear spoiler. Its now coming up on 40,000km, 10,000 of which we did this year since we have been here due to covid. We may get rid of it soon since we've expanded the family and we're also getting an outrageous deal on a 2016 LX570 with 11,000km. I wanted to make sure that while i still had it, i made this thread just incase anyone wanted to see something specific up close on a JDM model.

One thing i didn't realize was that the JDM model has these super plush floor mats, including a third piece which covers the driveshaft tunnel. You can see from the pictures that the mats swallow up a quarter like nothing. The mats also have metal badges on them (i've come to realize that this is common on JDM cars). Also making an appearance is OEM auto folding mirrors, which i know some USDM owners are very jealous of. It also has a 300GB HDD (don't quote me on the size) and a TV, which picks up local channels. Enough chatter, here are the pictures. If you guys are curious about anything else on the JDM model, don't hesitate to ask.

So you car is JDM like mine but I have 2007 model.

I have this screen to japan language and I live in Finland where we have ice and snow to winter and I need to turn off those auto folding side mirrors and there is no option like this at all.

so is your comfort ecu changed or reprogrammed or how these texts are in english and how you have option to turn off those auto folding mirrors??

here is pictures and option from my car,

Can you please take pics from you car that I can see if there is also japan/english combo language like I have. And if you have same kind texts like I have, then I maybe have to get somewhere used comfort ecu from 2010 model and it maybe working with my car and I can finally turn off those auto folding mirrors during winter
Old 10-17-21, 06:16 AM
212jdmis25
Driver School Candidate

I sold the car a few months ago. Nothing was modified, all oem. The other options like shift light were in Japanese, like yours.
Old 10-17-21, 08:05 AM
lS35O
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the post, very cool.
Anybody have a part number or source for those JDM floor mats?
I am due for a replacement set, and those look extra comfy.
Thanks in advance.