Independent Lexus Mechanic Chicago or Suburbs

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-21, 10:25 AM
bilaljamal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Independent Lexus Mechanic Chicago or Suburbs

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anybody has recommendations on a quality, dependable, and REASONABLE place to take my IS 250 either in the city, or in the near north suburbs? I am looking for a place that will do everything the dealership can do, but without the high mark-up in price.
I am about to hit 145k miles on my IS and wanted to take the car to a reasonable and reliable place to get the maintenance done, taking to dealership means I paying almost 50% of car price for repairs

Just trying to get some ideas. Looking for a trustworthy mechanic who will use quality parts and has experience with Lexus in the Chicago area. Thanks for all your help!
Old 01-06-21, 08:25 AM
winterturb
Lead Lap

Received 169 Likes on 100 Posts

Find ANY trustworthy mechanic. These are some of the easiest cars to work on and any good mechanic can do so. They don’t have to be specific to Lexus.
Old 01-06-21, 10:33 AM
Dealarr
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bilaljamal
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anybody has recommendations on a quality, dependable, and REASONABLE place to take my IS 250 either in the city, or in the near north suburbs? I am looking for a place that will do everything the dealership can do, but without the high mark-up in price.
I am about to hit 145k miles on my IS and wanted to take the car to a reasonable and reliable place to get the maintenance done, taking to dealership means I paying almost 50% of car price for repairs

Just trying to get some ideas. Looking for a trustworthy mechanic who will use quality parts and has experience with Lexus in the Chicago area. Thanks for all your help!
The most trustworthy mechanic is yourself, study youtube videos on stuff you wanna do, and try and do it yourself. Much cheaper, and parts you can research and choose yourself without any mark up. Everything else you can't do, leave to them. I couldn't be bothered changing my LCA bushings myself so got garage to change it from IS250's to RCF ones, much better straight steer without tendency to steer to left or right with no inner tyre premature wear.
Old 01-06-21, 12:43 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 869 Likes on 655 Posts

Have you tried Yelp or DealerRater.com for those in your area?