IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

TPMS light solved !

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-21, 09:54 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Be nice when someone finally post the solution to bypass this stupid **** altogether. My whole dash been lit up for the 3 years I've owned the car because I reuse to by sensors and my tires have never once been low on air
Old 02-06-21, 07:31 AM
JamesShar
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bryceis250
Be nice when someone finally post the solution to bypass this stupid **** altogether. My whole dash been lit up for the 3 years I've owned the car because I reuse to by sensors and my tires have never once been low on air
you can get a set of Pacifica sensors for 44 dollars off of eBay and they work . The tpms system is to complex in these Lexus” to try to do a by pass or trick the car . Tpms pipe bombs work well also if you don’t wanna worry about multiply sets of wheels
Old 02-06-21, 11:01 AM
bryceis250
Intermediate

i concur. like i said, i really have spent countless hours reading hundreds of threads on the matter. ive com eclose twice with guys who really knew what they were doing and have posted it for other cars. the last guy said he would work on it and post what he finds and that was years ago now. the pipe bomb is the only solution outside of actually paying the hundred s of dollars for this useless gimmick. my biggest problem is lexus itself...sure its a law blah blah. but they should make it easier to bypass this shouldnt be so hard other cars it isnt. but the biggest problem is lexus goes way beyond the little yellow triangle and hijacks the dash, takes away the center , the big huge red warning sign, all for that stupid TPMS. im over it. i live with it.
Old 02-06-21, 01:12 PM
JamesShar
Driver

i concur. like i said, i really have spent countless hours reading hundreds of threads on the matter. ive com eclose twice with guys who really knew what they were doing and have posted it for other cars. the last guy said he would work on it and post what he finds and that was years ago now. the pipe bomb is the only solution outside of actually paying the hundred s of dollars for this useless gimmick. my biggest problem is lexus itself...sure its a law blah blah. but they should make it easier to bypass this shouldnt be so hard other cars it isnt. but the biggest problem is lexus goes way beyond the little yellow triangle and hijacks the dash, takes away the center , the big huge red warning sign, all for that stupid TPMS. im over it. i live with it.
if you don’t mind me asking, what part of New York are you in? I’m also in NY. I have a pipe bomb that needs to be resealed that was working for awhile.

Old 02-06-21, 06:26 PM
bryceis250
Intermediate

plattsburgh, up top canadian border next to vermont. you? thats different then some of the ones i've seen. what is the seal why did it fail? what you got for a ride, this your first lexus?
Old 02-07-21, 08:01 AM
JamesShar
Driver

plattsburgh, up top canadian border next to vermont. you? thats different then some of the ones i've seen. what is the seal why did it fail? what you got for a ride, this your first lexus?
I know where Plattsburgh im in the Kingston area .I just used regular plumbing gasket sealer never got around to fixing it. After re opening it to check sensors. I have a 09 250 awd it is my first Lexus but I’ve had a 10 Corolla s before and a 13 Scion tC release series 8.0 so I’m familiar with Toyota’s
Old 02-10-21, 03:02 PM
Tausif123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an update I got it to work without Techstream. I got 5 sensors off ebay and got a shop to put them in including one in the spare. Then I just used the Autel position relearn, erase dtc codes and hit initialize on the dashboard and the light is gone!

Old 02-10-21, 03:12 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Originally Posted by Tausif123
Just an update I got it to work without Techstream. I got 5 sensors off ebay and got a shop to put them in including one in the spare. Then I just used the Autel position relearn, erase dtc codes and hit initialize on the dashboard and the light is gone!

congratulations glad I could help in some way.
The following users liked this post:
Tausif123 (02-10-21)