IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

TPMS light solved !

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-21, 06:36 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default TPMS light solved !

After months of dealing with my check system light on I have finally got it off. I got tech steam & an autelts508 . Alltogether cheaper then bringing to Lexus or Toyota . First thing you need to do is with the autel is walk around the car do the regular tire sensor scan, after that you need to go into advanced mode from advanced mode you need to select position relearn, once connect and uploaded the dash should show “diag27” with all lights blinking. This is where people mess up, you then need to either use tech stream or the autel 508 to clear the DTC codes AFTER the sensors are programmed into the ecu. I did it on Techstream but there’s an option for it on the autel. Any questions or if anyone needs help I’m here !
video by request >

Last edited by JamesShar; 01-30-21 at 12:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
nosurprise (01-31-21)
Old 01-25-21, 01:54 PM
aaguilar11
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you please do a youtube video on this. I have had my TPMS light on for 5 months now. American tire could not program them. Dealer wants over $200 to program them. I know they work because when I had new tires installed I had new TPMS installed at American Tire.

Also can you post the sites to purchase the items need to complete this.

Thank you,
Old 01-25-21, 05:22 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Originally Posted by aaguilar11
Can you please do a youtube video on this. I have had my TPMS light on for 5 months now. American tire could not program them. Dealer wants over $200 to program them. I know they work because when I had new tires installed I had new TPMS installed at American Tire.

Thank you,
I will have to take a video of it this weekend for you,

I got the Autel ts508wf off of eBay for 150(170 after shipping)
the Tech stream is no longer available where I got it which was Amazon but I’m sure you can find it on eBay for 25-35$( it’s the wire & the cd or download link)
Old 01-26-21, 04:52 PM
Tausif123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for the video please post the link here if you do make a video. Would be much appreciated I've had the light for the past 2 years after changing my tires, I refuse to the pay the stealership.

Question: For this process do you need to know the sensor ID codes or can the Autel scan while the [unregistered] sensor is already inside the tire? I don't have all four ID codes.

Last edited by Tausif123; 01-26-21 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Added Question
Old 01-26-21, 07:00 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Originally Posted by Tausif123
+1 for the video please post the link here if you do make a video. Would be much appreciated I've had the light for the past 2 years after changing my tires, I refuse to the pay the stealership.

Question: For this process do you need to know the sensor ID codes or can the Autel scan while the [unregistered] sensor is already inside the tire? I don't have all four ID codes.
the autel will scan the IDs off the sensors that are in your tire. The tool it self could more then likely clear the check system light, I just happened to have both the day I tried and did everything mainly with the autel, after I plugged it into the car ( after scanning all four tires ) it uploaded the IDs to the car and in tech stream it was showing that they all were there reading 35psi but light was still on, it was showing I had 0 psi @ -40 degrees for a fifth tire ( untrue, spare does not have a sensor ) so I clicked it and cleared it, light was still on... went to second set data list and it was picking up two sensors out of my spring summer rims that were in the garage BUT not the other two as they were only showing “0000000” ( no ID / spare tire input ). The next thing I did was put the same IDs in as I programmed into the main setting ( we got two sets of tires our car will remember ) . Still on. I go back to DTC codes on tech stream and clear them again ( first time was before I did anything else with TS) BAM light is off!
been off for a week now and I drive 40 miles a day.
IN all honestly it might be worth a try to just get the autel ts508 program both settings ( main / second ) with all four tires and then clear the DTC codes with the autel, it has the option for it under tpms diagnois

sorry if it’s a lot to read, I tried to explain in detail but I will def make a video but the light is off so it’ll be basically me showing you the tool and the techstream data.

hope this helps a lil
-james
The following 2 users liked this post by JamesShar:
aaguilar11 (01-28-21), Tausif123 (01-29-21)
Old 01-26-21, 07:03 PM
JamesShar
Driver

It also has the tpms loop reset for Toyota’s/Lexus built in to the relearn procedures
Old 01-26-21, 08:50 PM
82ndABN
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

James - extra credit to you for sharing this info. The TPMS is such an enigma for most of us - I am looking forward to the video.
Old 01-27-21, 06:38 PM
JamesShar
Driver

The best way for me to make this video for all of you guys is to turn back the hands of time and put my check system light back on lol. I will do this with tech stream and enter random IDs for one of four tires on each setting . After that I will do the tire initialize button which will put the car into the tpms loop - Light will then pop on and I can show you everything. I don’t rly make videos so if it’s a lil sloppy I’m sorry but I’ll try to be as straight forward as possible . TO BE POSTED SATURDAY- no later then 7pm EST.
aaguilar11 (01-28-21)
Old 01-28-21, 04:13 PM
Tausif123
Rookie

Originally Posted by JamesShar
The best way for me to make this video for all of you guys is to turn back the hands of time and put my check system light back on lol. I will do this with tech stream and enter random IDs for one of four tires on each setting . After that I will do the tire initialize button which will put the car into the tpms loop - Light will then pop on and I can show you everything. I don’t rly make videos so if it’s a lil sloppy I’m sorry but I’ll try to be as straight forward as possible . TO BE POSTED SATURDAY- no later then 7pm EST.
Hey you don't have to go through all the trouble if its too much, I noticed Autel has some good videos on Youtube on how to use the tool (not specific to Lexus). I can probably figure it out myself but I'm sure your video would be helpful to many people including me
Old 01-28-21, 05:52 PM
JamesShar
Driver

I’ll take the video it won’t be a bother to turn the light back on for it but I’ll start the video with it off - mess up some of the IDs & show what exactly causes the problem for tire shops to not be able to turn it off (tpms loop) & how to turn the light off. It should all be done with the autel but it has to be a ts508 or better with the built in tpms reset/unlock . I know I looked ALL over YouTube to try to figure it out without much info so I’m sure the video will help all Toyota/ Lexus owners
The following 2 users liked this post by JamesShar:
aaguilar11 (01-28-21), Tausif123 (01-29-21)
Old 01-30-21, 12:53 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Originally Posted by aaguilar11

Thank you,

Originally Posted by 82ndABN
James - extra credit to you for sharing this info. The TPMS is such an enigma for most of us - I am looking forward to the video.
Hey you don't have to go through all the trouble if its too much, I noticed Autel has some good videos on Youtube on how to use the tool (not specific to Lexus). I can probably figure it out myself but I'm sure your video would be helpful to many people including me

hey guys, took the video !
turned it on for you guys just to turn it off
try It with techstream first will avoid the purchase of a tpms tool - if you don’t have the IDs I’m sure a tire shop will scan them off your car for you for like ten dollars lol.

heres a link also posted in the start

Tausif123 (01-30-21)
Old 01-30-21, 02:15 PM
Tausif123
Rookie

Thanks man! I ordered myself an Autel TS508 on ebay for $170 CAD and I'm gonna play around with it to see if I can do it without the Techstream (my spare might have a sensor). If that doesn't work I'll just get techstream too like you did since it doesn't cost much. I'll update on here too once I figure it out cheers
Old 01-30-21, 03:34 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Thanks man! I ordered myself an Autel TS508 on ebay for $170 CAD and I'm gonna play around with it to see if I can do it without the Techstream (my spare might have a sensor). If that doesn't work I'll just get techstream too like you did since it doesn't cost much. I'll update on here too once I figure it out cheers
good luck! Lmk how it goes
Old 02-03-21, 11:11 AM
Tausif123
Rookie

Originally Posted by JamesShar
good luck! Lmk how it goes
Got the Autel. Turns out my front left sensor is dead (no reading) and the other 3 are ok but low battery and like you said the spare doesn't have a sensor or its dead. Ordered 5 new sensors including one for the spare and then I should be able to program all 5 using only the Autel.

Last edited by Tausif123; 02-03-21 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-03-21, 02:46 PM
JamesShar
Driver

Got the Autel. Turns out my front left sensor is dead (no reading) and the other 3 are ok but low battery and like you said the spare doesn't have a sensor or its dead. Ordered 5 new sensors including one for the spare and then I should be able to program all 5 using only the Autel.
I don’t think that would work lol but you could prob get one sensor off eBay for like 15 bucks and have a tire place pop it in for ten dollars

Quick Reply: TPMS light solved !