Help! High beams work lo beams dont

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-21, 07:04 PM
Hamme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! High beams work lo beams dont

Hey guys first post,
Recently I went to a mechanic and they reset my codes. Whilst I was driving home my high beams came on instead of my lo beams although I was on the auto setting. Normally the lo beams came on-so I was a bit confused. I switched to the lo beams and the lights didn’t come on. When I got back home I checked and saw that the DRL’s were still working both of the blinkers and the high beams all worked well. The only issue is that the low beams won’t turn on no matter what setting I’m on. My car has VLand aftermarket headlights and they worked completely fine the night before I went to the mechanic. I’m thinking when they reset my codes it tweaked with the headlights somehow. Remember the lo beams stopped working at the same time so I don’t think it’s a dull bulb.

2006 Is250
Old 02-22-21, 07:31 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,532 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamme
Hey guys first post,
Recently I went to a mechanic and they reset my codes. Whilst I was driving home my high beams came on instead of my lo beams although I was on the auto setting. Normally the lo beams came on-so I was a bit confused. I switched to the lo beams and the lights didn’t come on. When I got back home I checked and saw that the DRL’s were still working both of the blinkers and the high beams all worked well. The only issue is that the low beams won’t turn on no matter what setting I’m on. My car has VLand aftermarket headlights and they worked completely fine the night before I went to the mechanic. I’m thinking when they reset my codes it tweaked with the headlights somehow. Remember the lo beams stopped working at the same time so I don’t think it’s a dull bulb.

2006 Is250
Howdy and welcome. Off hand the codes being reset should have nothing to do with lighting. These are separate computers.
Not knowing what was done during lighting install, I would start with the usual suspects and pull fuses looking for a blown one. Are these HID lights? A bad ballast could pop a fuse, so start there and let us know.
Old 02-23-21, 12:26 AM
Hamme
Driver School Candidate

Alright im going to check the ballast I'm just confused cause they went out at the same time so I was thinking it could've been a computer problem. I checked both of the fuse boxes not sure which one controls the low beams.
Old 02-26-21, 09:06 PM
Hamme
Driver School Candidate

Alright little update. I turned on the car today and the low beams worked. However they only worked in the Highbeam setting, so now the high beams don't work. Ill try driving around in auto for awhile and see what happens,
Old 02-27-21, 08:18 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe the light switch stalk is no good?