IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2010 IS 250 AWD with Fsport additions build! Come check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-21, 10:58 AM
GameHunter
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2010 IS 250 AWD with Fsport additions build! Come check it out!

My 2010 IS 250 AWD is still my first car after nearly 7 years of ownership. It has evolved a bit with me. The refined, but bland gray headliner and handles were growing old to see. I've been in many of the 2011-2013 fsports and IS-F's with the black headliner and knew it was the look I wanted. I had also noticed that the original black leather seats didn't feel to be as comfortable anymore, nor did they hold me in place. One of the first upgrades I made to the vehicle besides the exhaust mods, has been to the suspension. The OEM shocks were calling it quits around 130k. I mulled over the different options and settled on the F-sport shocks and lowering springs from lexus since I still have an employee discount at my local dealer. Fortune Auto coilovers and BC racing crossed my mind, but I wanted to stay more in the traditional shock and spring category for now and also not go low on my AWD.
All I can say is WOW! The car actually started to hande like a smaller sports sedan. It feels very confident in corners and was a night and day difference while still retaining a comfortable ride that was just a tad harsher than stock. At this point, I started to notice I wasn't happy how much I was sliding around in my seat and knew my next option was the seats. I'd been looking for a long time for the seats as they were either too expensive or too damaged. I finally found the perfect bundle. There was a seller who had both the f-sport front seats and the black headliner for sale. They wanted $1,200 + shipping. It came with the front seats, headliner, A pillar, b pillar, c pillar, the dome lights and sunroof control, sunroof cover, handles, and the visors . I was shocked. The condition was actually B+. When I got them in, they needed to be cleaned up properly which was done and then installed. I have attached some pics below to see how the headliner went... So you know how the AWD has the hump in the drivers footwell for the diff? Well, it also changes the mounts for the driver's seat! The passenger seat is a direct bolt in. The driver side is not so. I took some measurements with both seats out and determined you can just swap the 2 feet on the seat rails closest to the transmission tunnel. They are bolted and riveted to the seat rail. Some drilling and re-riveting later, the brackets were swapped. You may be wondering if these seats are direct plug and play with the harness for the seats. Well on the 2010 model it is. The airbag, power, and heated seat controls are all plug and play. Yes, these seats came heated and my oem controls for my original seats work perfectly. If I had the F-sport 18 inch wheels from the 2014+ IS models, I would say this build is complete. Current millage on the car is 150k! Here are the pics:

The following 2 users liked this post by GameHunter:
Mikeym718 (05-17-21), sede7 (05-17-21)