IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

This is what people are willing to pay for a 2nd Gen IS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-21, 09:47 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by ncatona
YUP! A lot of them move up here to Sac or Placer county instead since its cheaper and you basically get a bigger house for less or some go to LA even.
Back to the is 🤣 good thing scotty kilmer did vids on these too so that helps our value!
I have news for you...Sac ain't that cheap anymore. Small towns around like Traci (near Stockton) are growing like crazy and now houses have hit the million mark. Google "Traci Hills". Imagine the 5 freeway between Northern and southern Cal. Nothing but farmland or dust and tumbleweeds. Now imagine houses sprouting up next to the 5 freeway. That's Traci. And they are sold before they are even built. I have no idea where they are going to get the water to sustain that kind of growth.

Ok I've rambled on enough. Back to the topic before a mod scolds me
The following users liked this post:
ncatona (06-17-21)
Old 06-17-21, 03:53 PM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Unless you claim some form of property tax waiver (disability etc), property value is nothing to brag about, owners will get the usual tax hike for the upcoming yr in their escrow account.

Whatever gains the owner may get, the state is already claiming their share.

One is earning the same paycheck, nothing has changed besides an increase in property value, but do not go to far... that alleged invisible value increase then becomes an increase in once mortgage.

Last edited by GrizzlyMan; 06-17-21 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-17-21, 04:49 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GrizzlyMan
Unless you claim some form of property tax waiver (disability etc), property value is nothing to brag about, owners will get the usual tax hike for the upcoming yr in their escrow account.

Whatever gains the owner may get, the state is already claiming their share.

One is earning the same paycheck, nothing has changed besides an increase in property value, but do not go to far... that alleged invisible value increase then becomes an increase in once mortgage.
California has something called Prop 13. Property tax is 1% of the price you paid for your house and can only go up if let's say your trash and sewer rates are raised. Or if you do a major remodel like expand the size of your house. My property taxes have maybe gone up a couple of hundred dollars since I bought my house in 2015. The value of my house has gone from the $500K range to $1.1M. My last townhouse I lived in for 8 years, it jumped from $500K when I bought it to $700K, when I sold it in 2015 I made about $250K on it which I used to buy my current house. So appreciation actually means something to us her in CA
ncatona (06-18-21)
Old 06-17-21, 07:34 PM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

That was a quick search for a property in CA, see attachment. If someone is living on rent, the tenant will see a significant rent increase, or if the owner on its mortgage, and if has the same paycheck.
What they do not take on property is paid on gasoline ($5.50 for regular avg.) and emissions, don't even get me started, ridiculous and double standard regulations. And the house posted above, 1m, when that same house in FL or most states is about 80k, outrageous.
​​​

Last edited by GrizzlyMan; 06-17-21 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-17-21, 09:09 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

That was a quick search for a property in CA, see attachment. If someone is living on rent, the tenant will see a significant rent increase, or if the owner on its mortgage, and if has the same paycheck.
What they do not take on property is paid on gasoline ($5.50 for regular avg.) and emissions, don't even get me started, ridiculous and double standard regulations. And the house posted above, 1m, when that same house in FL or most states is about 80k, outrageous.
​​​
I just paid $4.08 for premium at Costco, but I agree we do pay more for housing and some stuff here, but that being said, my house is also my investment which has outperformed consistently my 401k and other investments. It doubled in price in only 5 years, and by the time I retire I'll have something valuable to leave my kids. Minus our politics, it's totally worth the price I pay living here as the weather here is amazing. That alone is enough for me.

Anyway I was really hoping not to turn this into a California vs thread. As the late Rodney King said, can't we all just get along?

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 06-17-21 at 10:12 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by AMIRZA786:
eteekay (07-02-21), MadMack58 (06-18-21), ncatona (06-18-21)
Old 06-18-21, 08:39 AM
GrizzlyMan
Intermediate

Then at the moment of sale is not as if the houses are at the purchase price of years ago. Either have to significantly downgrade or move to another state where property value are much lower, to maybe get that the alleged retirement (savings) money, and that is only hoping the market is not in another bubble at the moment of sale.

I lived in CA years ago, I do not miss it, I will not go into details about why because many will get triggered and open a can of worms, but I would not live there even if they pay me. The weather to me is so so and not all that glamour shown on tv commercials.
Hey, but if you are happy with it, good for you then.
Old 06-18-21, 08:57 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Then at the moment of sale is not as if the houses are at the purchase price of years ago. Either have to significantly downgrade or move to another state where property value are much lower, to maybe get that the alleged retirement (savings) money, and that is only hoping the market is not in another bubble at the moment of sale.

I lived in CA years ago, I do not miss it, I will not go into details about why because many will get triggered and open a can of worms, but I would not live there even if they pay me. The weather to me is so so and not all that glamour shown on tv commercials.
Hey, but if you are happy with it, good for you then.
I can probably make a pretty good educated guess of what that "can of worms" is . But I appreciate your honesty. California is not for everyone. Just like I couldn't live in Texas or Mississippi or Alabama, or even NY or most other states. It's all cool to me
MadMack58 (06-18-21)
Old 06-18-21, 10:11 AM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
I just paid $4.08 for premium at Costco, but I agree we do pay more for housing and some stuff here, but that being said, my house is also my investment which has outperformed consistently my 401k and other investments. It doubled in price in only 5 years, and by the time I retire I'll have something valuable to leave my kids. Minus our politics, it's totally worth the price I pay living here as the weather here is amazing. That alone is enough for me.

Anyway I was really hoping not to turn this into a California vs thread. As the late Rodney King said, can't we all just get along?
It's hard to know if the prices on cars and such are the new prices into the future. The California weather is nice; for this whole week, the temp in AZ has been over 115 lol
Old 06-18-21, 10:29 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nosurprise
It's hard to know if the prices on cars and such are the new prices into the future. The California weather is nice; for this whole week, the temp in AZ has been over 115 lol
I've been to Phoenix in the dead of summer, so yeah it can get hot! Although I was actually cold because a lot the restaurants with outdoor seating had water curtains, which work really well. Right now in California we are also having a heatwave, today it's going to hit 100 F in SJ, but SoCal can sometimes gets really hot. My brother lives in Eastvale, which is in Riverside County and they can get around 115 F sometimes, so we are all broiling!
Old 06-18-21, 04:38 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Holy crap , CA is so expensive. I’m sure you have plenty of equity in the house. You could probably sell that and pay cash for a brand new house elsewhere.
Old 06-18-21, 05:30 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
Holy crap , CA is so expensive. I’m sure you have plenty of equity in the house. You could probably sell that and pay cash for a brand new house elsewhere.
Well we have higher salaries here, the average starting salary in my field (IT) is above $100k, Engineers and Software developers even more. I'm about to hire an IT Support Admin which is basically a starting Help Desk position at $115k with full benefits plus shares. I'm 53, been living here all my life and have never had difficulty making ends meet. I currently own two properties, which one I rent out which I used equity from my house as the down payment, it has a positive cash flow after mortgage, insurance and taxes.

Not all of California is expensive, relatively speaking. I live in the SF Bay area, which happens to be. Yes it does suck if you happen to be a low wage earner, but even many of them manage. Such is life, it sucks to be poor wherever you live

Last edited by AMIRZA786; 06-18-21 at 06:33 PM.
bbaugher47 (06-20-21)
Old 06-19-21, 10:19 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Got another email from my local Lexus Dealership. I'm curious what they are offering, might just have them give me a quote for the heck of it

Old 06-22-21, 01:17 PM
SMJis350
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted my 07 350 X-Package up on OfferUp and FB marketplace for $13,100 with 135k miles (That I bought from someone on this site for 8,300). Seeing if I get any bites. Could be very possible considering I'm seeing listings like this on Cars.com:

AMIRZA786 (06-22-21)