Android Radio 12V to Stock interface connector adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-21, 03:18 PM
takumiRemx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android Radio 12V to Stock interface connector adapter

Hello there my fellow IS250 experts.

I have a relatively newbie question regarding my Android Stereo, hoping you guys could help me out.

I bought an after market Android Radio that is supposed to be made for my IS model, however, the power connector seems to be different than the one that connects to my stock navigation unit.

(Amazon Link to the product ->
Amazon Amazon
)

The one that comes from the Android unit has like 10-12 pins, where as the one that is connected to my car's battery seems to be made for an interface port.

I have attached a couple of pictures of the port from the Android Unit and the male connector to my car's battery.

(Female connection to Android Radio)

(Male Connection to Car Battery)

I am not sure how to proceed from here, do I need an additional interface to make the connection or is another cable or adapter needed to make the proper connection?

Also my IS model is the one with the stock navigation so I think there was an older interface that I used to connect my stock navigation, but that interface also doesn't fit the connection from the Android radio so I am sort of confused.

I hope you guys can point me to the right direction of how to proceed from here, if more data/description is needed, than please let me know.

Thank you so much in advanced.

- IS 250 2007 owner
Old 07-04-21, 06:51 PM
GameHunter
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I would assume it was made for models without factory navigation, you may have to buy some adapters from the factory harness to get power. Those connections should be industry standard but you just have to know the connections by name.
Old 07-14-21, 05:51 PM
takumiRemx
Driver School Candidate

Hey GameHunter

Thank you for getting back to me and the suggestion of trying to connect my stereo with an adapter

I can try to purchase the adapter but I have no idea what is the names of the adapter.

I took a look again at the stereo and took some more pictures.

Do you think I can contact the sales support of starconnect.com to get them to help me in identifying the model/part number??

Or perhaps I can reach out to a professional who could help me in identifying it?

Thank you so much for your help and advice.

Best Regards,

TakumiRemx
Old 07-14-21, 08:15 PM
BabyGate
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

There are couple things that you need to be aware of . Firstly, the factory audio with ML system has a different harness (plug) than the regular none ML system. Secondly, most, if not all, of them advertised to work only with factory system without ML or Nav. Unless the sell can confirmed the one you purchased will work with ML system, I am not sure how you could integrated the android head unit with your ML system. Isn't the ML system uses fiber optic or digital connection for the factory AMP? Anyway, even if you could figure out which wires are for power and speakers etc and made your own harness, the android unit won't have a way to communicate with the factory ML amp.
Old 07-15-21, 08:42 AM
takumiRemx
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BabyGate
There are couple things that you need to be aware of . Firstly, the factory audio with ML system has a different harness (plug) than the regular none ML system. Secondly, most, if not all, of them advertised to work only with factory system without ML or Nav. Unless the sell can confirmed the one you purchased will work with ML system, I am not sure how you could integrated the android head unit with your ML system. Isn't the ML system uses fiber optic or digital connection for the factory AMP? Anyway, even if you could figure out which wires are for power and speakers etc and made your own harness, the android unit won't have a way to communicate with the factory ML amp.
Hey Babygate

Thanks for the quick reply, what exactly is the “ML System”

And for the audio, the audio line that connects to the CD player looks it’s connectable to the Android unit, so I suppose it should work?

takumiRemx
Old 07-15-21, 07:53 PM
BabyGate
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

ML as in Mark Levinson. If you have the ML sound system, there should be label as such somewhere below the CD slot. If you don't have any Mark Levinson marking anywhere on your radio unit, there is some hope getting your android unit to work with the factory system. But it will be far from an easy task. Judging on the photos you posted, the android unit you purchased is most likely for the standard non-nav radio system. I would suggest go read up the following threads and see if it is worth the effort to get it to work in your car.

This thread is for the android unit that is similar to what you have. It contains good amount of information about the pin out of the android unit:
Just install this Android Stereo and need help - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

The following 2 threads are about non-nav to nav conversion. It should give you some idea which wires are needed to splice etc...
FAQ: Official ISx50 NON-Nav to Nav Swap. Read this FIRST if you want to do the swap! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
HOW to RETROFIT: NON NAVIGATION TO NAVIGATION - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

If you decided to go through with it, the first thing you should to do is get the full audio wiring schematic for you years and model, either sign up at alldatadiy.com or try google it, and go from there.