IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2011 Lexus IS250 will not start!! Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-21, 08:22 AM
Thermz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Lexus IS250 will not start!! Please help.

Yesterday morning I was leaving work. I got in, started the car and then suddenly it immediately shut off. I went to go start it again and then I got nothing. No crank no nothing. A series of lights stayed on the dash (slip indicator, ABS, steering and tire pressure). I started with the battery..took it out and took it to advance to have it tested. Battery was shot. Bought a new one, put it in the car, same no crank with same lights. But this time my windows would not go up or down except for the driver side. All other windows would not budge using main buttons on driver side or even on each individual window. My brakes are tight as if they do not want to depress. I am completely stumped.

This car has been great and I have been able to do most repairs on my own. PLEASE HELP!!! I have seen anything from alternator to starter to fuses to fuse box link to even my fuel pump and fue pump sensor.
Old 07-19-21, 08:54 AM
Gville350

Received 434 Likes on 386 Posts

When attempting to start the car with the brake pedal pressed, does the green light on the start/stop button illuminate?
Old 07-19-21, 10:58 AM
Thermz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes the green light does come on when I press the brakes. I did try to change some fuses associated with the starter and ignition. No fuses blown in the middle but some of the teeth on the fuses looked melted a bit so I swapped out. I feel like I'm down to alternator, starter or fuel pump sensor. I also heard brake pedal switch but I have not located yet.
Old 07-19-21, 09:32 PM
Dealarr
Driver

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermz
Yesterday morning I was leaving work. I got in, started the car and then suddenly it immediately shut off. I went to go start it again and then I got nothing. No crank no nothing. A series of lights stayed on the dash (slip indicator, ABS, steering and tire pressure). I started with the battery..took it out and took it to advance to have it tested. Battery was shot. Bought a new one, put it in the car, same no crank with same lights. But this time my windows would not go up or down except for the driver side. All other windows would not budge using main buttons on driver side or even on each individual window. My brakes are tight as if they do not want to depress. I am completely stumped.

This car has been great and I have been able to do most repairs on my own. PLEASE HELP!!! I have seen anything from alternator to starter to fuses to fuse box link to even my fuel pump and fue pump sensor.
Alternator. If you take off the belt, give the alternator a spin. if it's tight and can't spin properly like a new one, it's fried. Try that first.