IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-21, 10:22 AM
ACLR8
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default F-Sport Shocks

Hi everyone I have ran into a little bit of a problem and was wondering if I could get some help. I ordered all F-Sport shocks and springs for my 07 IS350 and they emailed me and said that they couldn’t get the left front shock because it is no longer available. So I thought it’s fine just send me every shock except that one and the springs. So I ordered the shock from another website and they cancelled my order about an hour later saying they couldn’t get it. I am not sure what I will do now. I have everything except the 1 left front shock which is part number PTR13-53094. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-05-21, 03:06 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Originally Posted by ACLR8
Hi everyone I have ran into a little bit of a problem and was wondering if I could get some help. I ordered all F-Sport shocks and springs for my 07 IS350 and they emailed me and said that they couldn’t get the left front shock because it is no longer available. So I thought it’s fine just send me every shock except that one and the springs. So I ordered the shock from another website and they cancelled my order about an hour later saying they couldn’t get it. I am not sure what I will do now. I have everything except the 1 left front shock which is part number PTR13-53094. Any help is appreciated.
A lot of F-Sport products are being discontinued for the 2nd Gen. A few months back I tried ordering F-Sport Shocks from different dealerships, but they all got cancelled. It took an act of God to get the the F-Sport lowering Springs...I had to provide Lexus a reason why I needed them. I would suggest buying the KYB Gas A-Just Dampers, which are OEM for Toyota/Lexus. You can try seeing if you can get Bilstein dampers (they are the OEM maker for F-Sport shocks), but you probably won't find those for the 2nd Gen
Old 08-06-21, 03:14 PM
TopNotchIN
Driver

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

@ACLR8 I did a quick search and found a front set of F-Sport shocks available. The only issue is that they're sold as a pair and not individually. I don't know if you're able to return your front passenger shock for a refund or not. If so, you could do that and order the front set of shocks. They're listed for $435.66 on that auction site.
Old 08-06-21, 03:19 PM
ACLR8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TopNotchIN
@ACLR8 I did a quick search and found a front set of F-Sport shocks available. The only issue is that they're sold as a pair and not individually. I don't know if you're able to return your front passenger shock for a refund or not. If so, you could do that and order the front set of shocks. They're listed for $435.66 on that auction site.
Thanks for telling me but I already saw that listing on eBay. I messaged the guy and they said that they would be getting it from the dealer but it’s on back order and they don’t know when it will come in.
Old 08-06-21, 03:25 PM
wakaru8
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

@ACLR8 I was in the same predicament. I couldn't get the 53094, left front shock. Don't bother chasing the unicorn, they discontinued the shock and there are zero showing up in inventory in the country. Waited for 3 months to no avail. I ended up ordering 53080 and 53081 as those are still somewhat available. In the process of installing them this week.
Old 08-06-21, 03:26 PM
ACLR8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wakaru8
@ACLR8 I was in the same predicament. I couldn't get the 53094, left front shock. Don't bother chasing the unicorn, they discontinued the shock and there are zero showing up in inventory in the country. Waited for 3 months to no avail. I ended up ordering 53080 and 53081 as those are still somewhat available. In the process of installing them this week.
Haha I just did the same thing yesterday. I ordered those up and will be doing the same.
The following users liked this post:
wakaru8 (08-06-21)
Old 08-06-21, 03:29 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Originally Posted by TopNotchIN
Most Ebay sellers order directly from dealerships and drop ship. They won't have them, I guarantee it
Old 08-06-21, 03:35 PM
wakaru8
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haha I just did the same thing yesterday. I ordered those up and will be doing the same.
Nice! We're twinning! Don't know if you're doing the work yourself or not. I am and I had a hell of a time one nut from the front and one bolt from the rear strut. The rear was rusted and frozen inside the strut. Tried everything.....penetrating oil, hammering, impact wrench, blow torch also to no avail. I loosened it to backed out enough to cut both ends to free the strut. Took me two days! Anyway, good luck!
Old 09-02-21, 09:56 PM
ACLR8
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update on the car. I got the 2 new shocks front shocks and then headed straight to the dealer to have it all put on. I’ve had the car for about 2 weeks now with the new shocks and springs put on and I have to say, the car is a totally different person. There is little to no body roll which is great because I can now take turns harder without getting thrown around in my seat. I also had the F-Sport sway bars put on so the combination of the new shocks, springs, and the sway bars made this car handle like a dream. Another thing to add is that the car looks really good because of the lowering springs.
AMIRZA786 (09-03-21)
Old 09-03-21, 10:03 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,534 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Hey guys, I just wanted to give an update on the car. I got the 2 new shocks front shocks and then headed straight to the dealer to have it all put on. I’ve had the car for about 2 weeks now with the new shocks and springs put on and I have to say, the car is a totally different person. There is little to no body roll which is great because I can now take turns harder without getting thrown around in my seat. I also had the F-Sport sway bars put on so the combination of the new shocks, springs, and the sway bars made this car handle like a dream. Another thing to add is that the car looks really good because of the lowering springs.
Good to hear.
What PN's went in front and rear??

Snag an IS-F steering ECU and you'll kick up your driving experience a few more notches... several threads and 100's of posts on this topic.
Old 09-03-21, 10:21 AM
ACLR8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Good to hear.
What PN's went in front and rear??

Snag an IS-F steering ECU and you'll kick up your driving experience a few more notches... several threads and 100's of posts on this topic.
The part numbers are 2x PTR13-53095 for the rear and then PTR13-53080 and PTR13-53081 for the front. Also, I actually do have an IS-F steering ECU already, and that I'm sure also helps with the steering quite a bit.
2013FSport (09-03-21)
Old 09-03-21, 01:24 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,534 Likes on 1,276 Posts

The part numbers are 2x PTR13-53095 for the rear and then PTR13-53080 and PTR13-53081 for the front. Also, I actually do have an IS-F steering ECU already, and that I'm sure also helps with the steering quite a bit.
And the F-Sport Anti-sway bars and lowering springs?

A favor please. Measure from your wheels center cap (center of the cap) to the body fender lip front and rear and post up the numbers. Obviously on the flatest slab you can find.

Thanks!
Old 09-03-21, 01:33 PM
ACLR8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
And the F-Sport Anti-sway bars and lowering springs?

A favor please. Measure from your wheels center cap (center of the cap) to the body fender lip front and rear and post up the numbers. Obviously on the flatest slab you can find.

Thanks!
The part number for the F-Sport front and rear sway bars isPTR02-53082, and the part number for the lowering springs is PTR07-53090. I am actually currently in college and I don't have the car with me so I can't do the measurements for you. Sorry about that.

Last edited by ACLR8; 09-03-21 at 01:37 PM.