Search this Thread

Old 09-01-21, 01:55 PM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Weird issue: No accessory mode but car starts fine

Super weird problem.

The car starts.

I can’t put it in accessory mode, power tilt not working, trunk doesn’t unlock(opens only with key).

if it’s running and I turn it off, literally turns right off skips the radio staying on, the seats going back and the power tilt going back. No dome lights turn on either. The door lights turn on when I open the door.

remote lock not working either.

Stumped. Any ideas? I’m pretty car savvy but this one got me.

Last edited by vtecturtle; 09-01-21 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-01-21, 06:52 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,513 Likes on 1,258 Posts

Originally Posted by vtecturtle
Super weird problem.

The car starts.

I can’t put it in accessory mode, power tilt not working, trunk doesn’t unlock(opens only with key).

if it’s running and I turn it off, literally turns right off skips the radio staying on, the seats going back and the power tilt going back. No dome lights turn on either. The door lights turn on when I open the door.

remote lock not working either.

Stumped. Any ideas? I’m pretty car savvy but this one got me.
Seeings our 2IS doesn't leave the radio on after engine off, I'm guessing this isn't a 2IS...

What car do you have? Start by getting the battery connections checked and the battery tested.
Old 09-02-21, 01:32 PM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Seeings our 2IS doesn't leave the radio on after engine off, I'm guessing this isn't a 2IS...

What car do you have? Start by getting the battery connections checked and the battery tested.
2IS. 2009 isf.

I don’t recall if the radio stayed on or not but things like courtesy lights and lock/unlock don’t work won’t work. The trunk won’t open with the switch(either way with the glove box button switched)

very very weird.

if you click to start the car it won’t go to accessory mode. Literally only can turn it on they everything works.
Old 09-02-21, 03:05 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

2IS. 2009 isf.

I don’t recall if the radio stayed on or not but things like courtesy lights and lock/unlock don’t work won’t work. The trunk won’t open with the switch(either way with the glove box button switched)

very very weird.

if you click to start the car it won’t go to accessory mode. Literally only can turn it on they everything works.
Sounds like a fuse popped. Time to go on a mission.
Suspects are:
Dome 10A
Security 7.5A
​​​​​ACC 7.5A
AM2 7.5A
PANEL 7.5A
MPX-B 10A but unlikely as too much collateral damage.
FUEL OPEN 10A also not likely but see if fuel door works.

Start there and pull those fuses for visual inspection.
Data from OM for 350 so it may not map over exactly.
Old 09-03-21, 07:01 AM
valeoray
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just wondering....you still have all your doors closed when you turn off the car right?

Also, what happens when the car is off and you press the start button (without your foot on the brake)? Does it go to accessory mode?
Old 09-03-21, 03:31 PM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by valeoray
Just wondering....you still have all your doors closed when you turn off the car right?

Also, what happens when the car is off and you press the start button (without your foot on the brake)? Does it go to accessory mode?
yes all the doors are closed. Dome light doesn’t turn on at all.

if I press it once nothing. I press it again and it’s on “on” mode but not on if it makes sense.

no accessory mode what’s so ever. Car is either on and everything works(dome and all) or shut it off and nothing works. Mind blowing
Old 09-04-21, 05:42 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

What happens if you put the (running) car in neutral (not park), and press the start button one time to turn off the engine. Then you can shift to park.

That's how I put my car in accessory mode when I just want to sit and listen to the audio system at the end of a drive.
Old 09-05-21, 10:25 AM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bichon
What happens if you put the (running) car in neutral (not park), and press the start button one time to turn off the engine. Then you can shift to park.

That's how I put my car in accessory mode when I just want to sit and listen to the audio system at the end of a drive.
that actually worked radio stayed on but all the lighting didn’t work.

off to check the fuses mentioned above.
Old 09-05-21, 10:41 AM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Sounds like a fuse popped. Time to go on a mission.
Suspects are:
Dome 10A
Security 7.5A
​​​​​ACC 7.5A
AM2 7.5A
PANEL 7.5A
MPX-B 10A but unlikely as too much collateral damage.
FUEL OPEN 10A also not likely but see if fuel door works.

Start there and pull those fuses for visual inspection.
Data from OM for 350 so it may not map over exactly.
ok so MPX was indeed popped. That brought back acc mode, dome lighting and allows me to unlock the car(can’t locked it but it does attempt to unlock and beeps.)

gas tank was always working so good there.

trunk doesn’t open, remote or button on handle doesn’t lock the door. Steering wheel and seat settings still don’t function(like auto when you turn on/off the car) I can adjust seats. Can not adjust steering wheel. Trunk button on car and remote don’t work must open trunk with key.

progress in right direction!

now one thing I just thought about. I did send out my black screened nav unit and threw in an 08 unit for the mean time. Everything plugged in but the clock plug(so no time and airbag light) so airbag light is on but I know why.

could the plug not plugged in have something to do with all the stuff that doesn’t work? Maybe something to do with the security functions?

Old 09-05-21, 11:35 AM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Quick update. Depinned an 2010 radio clock plugged that I bought when I first went to fix the black screen(found out the expensive way there were 2 types) lol. Made the clock and air bag lights work so everything is plugged and has a home so I know it’s not the radio.

What’s left to figure out is the trunk no opening and steering/seat auto setup(not even power adjust works when the car is on) and the door locking part. Deff a fuse I’m missing some where.
Old 09-05-21, 11:49 AM
vtecturtle
Driver School Candidate

Ok so another update. Seems like I’m the middle of pulling all the fuses I must of put back the telephonic fuse in the empty space next to it. Plugged it boom it’s back.

trunk button was unpushed so I guess when I changed the MPX that brought back the trunk.

Everything is back in action! Thank you to all that helped and I made sure to come back and document it all for the next person incase they run into this issue.

something tells me that plug for the clock/radio/airbag light has something to do with the security system for sure.
Old 09-05-21, 08:50 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Ok so another update. Seems like I’m the middle of pulling all the fuses I must of put back the telephonic fuse in the empty space next to it. Plugged it boom it’s back.

trunk button was unpushed so I guess when I changed the MPX that brought back the trunk.

Everything is back in action! Thank you to all that helped and I made sure to come back and document it all for the next person incase they run into this issue.

something tells me that plug for the clock/radio/airbag light has something to do with the security system for sure.
So, there was a radio swap and that blew the fuse? Good to know as these typically don't pop all on their own for no reason.

Glad you have it all sorted...
Old 09-08-21, 07:49 AM
Gville350

Received 433 Likes on 385 Posts

Glad you got it all working again! I hate electrical gremlins!