IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HC Motion Tail Lights for 06-12 IS250/350 **PICS & VIDEOS*

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-22, 09:34 AM
vlone
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick build, looks awesome. Quick question though, are these the V1 Smoke or V2 smoked version?
Old 08-31-22, 01:28 PM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 782 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by vlone
Sick build, looks awesome. Quick question though, are these the V1 Smoke or V2 smoked version?
Thanks! I am only ever aware of there being one version (aside from the small change they made after the first batch to make it clear the trunk lid cut-outs on the 2006-2007 models). What is the V2 that you are referring to?

EDIT: Sorry, I know the ones you mean now. The V2 is a completely different design. Last time I checked it was still a prototype that hadn't come out but it seems they are now on Amazon/eBay. Mine is the V1.

V2 for reference:

Last edited by DownUnder; 08-31-22 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-28-22, 09:47 AM
Sleiman14
Driver School Candidate

Default Issue with front vlands after install of hc motion taillights

So I just installed these and got hyper flash. So I installed the provided resistors(only given one set). Everything worked good until I checked the vlands headlights and they no longer have sequential. At least the sequential is very quick and it’s pretty much just flashing. I just ordered the adjustable relay Binh installed in his video and will see if that fixes it. If anyone has had this issue please let me know what fixed it. thanks.
The following users liked this post:
Yodog (11-20-22)
Old 11-20-22, 12:22 AM
Yodog
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleiman14
So I just installed these and got hyper flash. So I installed the provided resistors(only given one set). Everything worked good until I checked the vlands headlights and they no longer have sequential. At least the sequential is very quick and it’s pretty much just flashing. I just ordered the adjustable relay Binh installed in his video and will see if that fixes it. If anyone has had this issue please let me know what fixed it. thanks.
Did you find a solution to this
Old 11-22-22, 06:27 AM
Keith13b
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Yodog
Did you find a solution to this
I have the HC Motion headlights and taillights. The taillights installed just fine, sequential worked, etc. When I installed the headlights, everything hyper flashed. Rather than going the resistor route, I installed the adjustable flashing relay mentioned above and was able to adjust the relay and stop the hyper flashing and dial in the speed of the sequential flashing. Well worth the money and it has the tap to turn option built right in, too. It modernizes the car tremendously. This should solve your problem.

A huge thank you to Binh for ALL of his video tutorials. Here is the link to his tutorial on this relay swap.

Keith

Old 02-07-24, 10:00 AM
Bigfan
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Interesting to hear about the flickering issue. I haven't noticed that with mine but I'll keep an eye on it. As for the CHECK VSC light, a friend of mine with a 2008 IS-F had the same problem after the install. As soon as he started driving the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and the code came back as being 'C1249 - Open in Stop Light Switch Circuit'. At first we thought it could have been due to him having aftermarket LED bumper reflectors and it was drawing too much load from the resistor on the back of the HC Motion tail light, since I didn't have any issues but chose not to reconnect my LED bumper reflectors, however someone else with an AWD IS350 had the same issue not long after.

He contacted HC Motion and they were quick to come up with a solution by sending him some more resistors. They have now arrived in the country but are waiting for delivery so I'll keep this updated. There was another IS-F owner who posted in the Community F page on Facebook yesterday with the exact same issue, and he solved it himself by buying more resistors on Amazon (
Amazon Amazon
).

Seems that the IS-F draws more current for some reason, possibly due to the different high stop lamp design in the rear windscreen, which is the same as the facelift AWD IS350 mentioned earlier, so could be a possible theory, but I won't know until some pre-facelift IS250/350 owners get the same problem.

Here's some photos/screenshots of the info I have come across:

Dear Downunder.
I have same problem with HC Motion tail light.
As you advised I got register at Amazon.
Please advise how I can install register.
Do I put between positive and negative. Or Just cut positive off and put register between positive.
Please advise how should I do it.
Many thanks for your advise in advance.
Bigfan.
Old 02-07-24, 10:05 AM
Bigfan
6th Gear

Default VSC light on

Interesting to hear about the flickering issue. I haven't noticed that with mine but I'll keep an eye on it. As for the CHECK VSC light, a friend of mine with a 2008 IS-F had the same problem after the install. As soon as he started driving the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and the code came back as being 'C1249 - Open in Stop Light Switch Circuit'. At first we thought it could have been due to him having aftermarket LED bumper reflectors and it was drawing too much load from the resistor on the back of the HC Motion tail light, since I didn't have any issues but chose not to reconnect my LED bumper reflectors, however someone else with an AWD IS350 had the same issue not long after.

He contacted HC Motion and they were quick to come up with a solution by sending him some more resistors. They have now arrived in the country but are waiting for delivery so I'll keep this updated. There was another IS-F owner who posted in the Community F page on Facebook yesterday with the exact same issue, and he solved it himself by buying more resistors on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L4V9ECY/).

Seems that the IS-F draws more current for some reason, possibly due to the different high stop lamp design in the rear windscreen, which is the same as the facelift AWD IS350 mentioned earlier, so could be a possible theory, but I won't know until some pre-facelift IS250/350 owners get the same problem.

Here's some photos/screenshots of the info I have come across:

Dear Downunder.
I have same problem with HC Motion tail light.
As you advised I got register at Amazon.
Please advise how I can install register.
Do I put between positive and negative. Or Just cut positive off and put register between positive.
Please advise how should I do it.
Many thanks for your advise in advance.
Bigfan.

Old 02-07-24, 10:11 AM
Bigfan
6th Gear

To downunder.
Please kindly refer my pictures.
It is problems.
Please kindly advise how I install registers.
From Bigfan.
Old 02-07-24, 10:20 AM
Bigfan
6th Gear

Dear Downunder.
Please kindly advise how I install register.
should I put register between positive or between positive and negative.
If you can just draw diagram about wiring.
I would appreciate.
Best regards.
Bigfan

Spoiler

Yodog (02-07-24)
Old 02-07-24, 11:12 AM
Yodog
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I thought it was three wires in play not just positive and negative?
Old 02-07-24, 11:25 AM
Bigfan
6th Gear

Default MC Motions

Originally Posted by Yodog
I thought it was three wires in play not just positive and negative?
Thanks for your messages. I must see what wires are? I am not sure. I thought it is positive and negative?
I am wrong? I will check this weekend. I already ordered some registers.
Many thanks for your advice.
Best regards.
Old 02-07-24, 11:30 AM
DownUnder
Intermediate

Received 782 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigfan
Dear Downunder.
Please kindly advise how I install register.
should I put register between positive or between positive and negative.
If you can just draw diagram about wiring.
I would appreciate.
Best regards.
Bigfan

For the resistors you just need to connect one side of the resistor to the positive wire and the other side of the resistor to the negative wire. Doesn't matter which side is which. You will need one resistor per outer tail light. None needed for the trunk lamps.
Bigfan (02-09-24)
Old 02-09-24, 09:23 AM
Bigfan
6th Gear

For the resistors you just need to connect one side of the resistor to the positive wire and the other side of the resistor to the negative wire. Doesn't matter which side is which. You will need one resistor per outer tail light. None needed for the trunk lamps.
Dear Down under.

Thank you so much for your support.
I really appreciated.
Old 05-06-24, 06:03 PM
kvshadow7
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the HCMotion V2 taillights and they look great. I don't see the animation button on this model though. Does anybody know how I can disable the animation on V2?