IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dashboard lights - HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-22, 06:37 PM
bgumbs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dashboard lights - HELP!!

I need help with my 2009 IS250. Most of the time, I have lights on the dash for BRAKES, ABS, steering, airbags, and the traction control. All these systems work (not sure about the airbags, but I would assume they do). When these lights are on, the gear position light does not come on, and nothing on the top screen works, nor does the temp gauge. This has been happening since I bought the car about a week ago. Yesterday, I started up my car and all the warning lights were off, the gear position light worked, as did the little screen and the temp gauge. As soon as I turned on my high beams, all the warning lights came back on and it went back to normal. The same thing happened again later, but the lights came on when I hit the display button on the wheel. I have checked all the fuses and they all seem to be fine. This doesn't seem to affect how the car drives, but it is very annoying to have my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Has anyone else run into this before? Lexus quoted me $170/hr for diag and I really don't feel like shelling out that kind of money. Thanks for any help!
Old 01-06-22, 09:14 AM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

Received 773 Likes on 675 Posts

The only thing that comes to mind is. Maybe water is getting through some where, and getting to a fuse box. Does the car have the original windshield?

Last edited by MikeFig82; 01-06-22 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-13-22, 03:08 AM
aaguilar11
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bgumbs
I need help with my 2009 IS250. Most of the time, I have lights on the dash for BRAKES, ABS, steering, airbags, and the traction control. All these systems work (not sure about the airbags, but I would assume they do). When these lights are on, the gear position light does not come on, and nothing on the top screen works, nor does the temp gauge. This has been happening since I bought the car about a week ago. Yesterday, I started up my car and all the warning lights were off, the gear position light worked, as did the little screen and the temp gauge. As soon as I turned on my high beams, all the warning lights came back on and it went back to normal. The same thing happened again later, but the lights came on when I hit the display button on the wheel. I have checked all the fuses and they all seem to be fine. This doesn't seem to affect how the car drives, but it is very annoying to have my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Has anyone else run into this before? Lexus quoted me $170/hr for diag and I really don't feel like shelling out that kind of money. Thanks for any help!
Check your alternator. Most likely needs replacement and or battery