2006 is250 aux not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-22, 11:45 AM
sparta3993
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 is250 aux not working

Hey guys.

(update, “financial not impossible” to fix for cheap. something was wrong with the wires. Purchased a bt45 toy Bluetooth Set for 250 CAD. Super easy install gave my car super clean Bluetooth and installed it in the ashtray. Hit me up if you need some advice on your aux not working. For 250 I wish I went with this option the first time.) pictures of ashtray coming.) link below

https://www.usaspec.com/p-322-bt45-toy.aspx

I had my head unit stolen and bought a head unit off eBay. No information on the head unit. Everything works except the aux.

previous head unit didn’t have aux working as well.

I don’t think my car originally came with the ML unit but was the only one available so I bought it. Everything works except the aux! I bought a new aux port and still doesn’t work. New cable doesn’t work tried all the tricks in the forms.

I see that I have some empty ports on the back of the unit any thoughts maybe I’m missing a wire?

assumptions are the aux board is fried or I’m missing wires.

also if someone has a diagram saying what is what on the back of this unit! Thank you be great. I use this baby as my long haul car as it does pretty good on fuel just tired of cds!

TIA

Last edited by sparta3993; 02-17-22 at 03:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yodog (07-24-23)
Old 01-23-22, 12:31 PM
YoshiMan
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 92 Posts

Was the "new" aux port actually new? Or was it a used OEM one?

Not sure if these have the same problems as the Sequoias and the Tundras, but on those, the little pins on the 3.5mm port start to break with time, which doesn't allow the system to detect that something is plugged into it. You can heat up the connections and resolder them in a few seconds.

If it WAS new, the. I'm not sure what to do from there!
Old 01-23-22, 12:45 PM
sparta3993
Driver

Originally Posted by YoshiMan
Was the "new" aux port actually new? Or was it a used OEM one?

Not sure if these have the same problems as the Sequoias and the Tundras, but on those, the little pins on the 3.5mm port start to break with time, which doesn't allow the system to detect that something is plugged into it. You can heat up the connections and resolder them in a few seconds.

If it WAS new, the. I'm not sure what to do from there!
brand new never used. Like I said I don’t think the problem is from the aux port. I think it’s the wires to the head unit or the head unit is missing a wire or the aux board is cooked!
Old 01-25-22, 09:13 AM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Silly question but you are cranking the volume to max on the output device, yes?

Take a look at this....

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Anyone wanting more info about their audio, Nav, Amp, or anything else in the center;

With engine on, vehicle stopped, turn the light switch to OFF. Press and hold the Info button and turn the light switch on then off 3 times. The touch screen will go into a new mode offering options for equipment versions, hardware versions and diagnostic features. You will also find settings for mic input and bluetooth volumes. Could be helpful if someone can't hear you.

Here are some crappy pictures. Units with Nav will have more options.
Turn the key off when done.
​​​​​​​
Old 01-25-22, 11:25 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

When you say that the aux port doesn't work, can you be more specific? Are you unable to select aux as the input source from the head unit? As in pressing the Disc/Aux button only lets you select Disc? Or does pressing the Disc/Aux button toggle between the CD player and the aux jack, but no sound is heard from your device when aux is selected?
Old 01-25-22, 12:00 PM
sparta3993
Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
When you say that the aux port doesn't work, can you be more specific? Are you unable to select aux as the input source from the head unit? As in pressing the Disc/Aux button only lets you select Disc? Or does pressing the Disc/Aux button toggle between the CD player and the aux jack, but no sound is heard from your device when aux is selected?
I had this issue years ago with my old unit as well. I thought this second unit would work.

When you select Aux it won’t switch out from disc.
I tried the following:
-plugging in a new aux cable
-new aux cable while charging
-new aux using iPhone 4 and charging
-tired resetting the car by pulling battery overnight
-did the fm, audio off, turn off, turn on car audio on aux didn’t work
- not sure what else to try. I bought a brand new aux port and it still doesn’t not want to connect. Either something is wrong with the wiring from behind the port to the head unit, or the aux board.

originally bought the car without the unit. I’m assuming it had the non ML as the sub does not have ml on it but has review camera.

so I bought an Ml unit as that was all that was available and bought a second one now because that was all that’s available. Everything else works. Everything radio, gps (granted the gps is from like 2008) fm am, disc and such. All speakers work. So I’m wondering if I’m missing a wire or something else is wrong.

Was going to get rid of it but it’s now my out of town car so I don’t put miles on my other car but I listen to (smh) work related webinars and kind of hard using the fm radio thing as it’s super crackly and require the use of touching the phone.

not sure if this helps but looks like previous owner had a sub in the back?

Last edited by sparta3993; 01-25-22 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-25-22, 12:13 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Did you try this?

Anyone wanting more info about their audio, Nav, Amp, or anything else in the center;

With engine on, vehicle stopped, turn the light switch to OFF. Press and hold the Info button and turn the light switch on then off 3 times. The touch screen will go into a new mode offering options for equipment versions, hardware versions and diagnostic features. You will also find settings for mic input and bluetooth volumes. Could be helpful if someone can't hear you.

Here are some crappy pictures. Units with Nav will have more options.
Turn the key off when done.

edit - might want to dig into what the PO did back there... Likely find root cause that input is MIA...

Last edited by 2013FSport; 01-25-22 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-25-22, 01:07 PM
sparta3993
Driver

Did you try this?

mine for sure does not have that menu as mines an order gen of the nav. But I did something similar to reset the audio.

A diagram of those ports on the back of the ml unit would be great. Is no if I have a missing harness piece that’s suppose to merge the top and bottom of the unit for some reason.

Last edited by sparta3993; 01-25-22 at 01:24 PM.